Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason I want Patrick Thistle relegated is because they're Patrick Thistle.

I'd want that every season irrespective of Clyde's position.

Naaaa I’d rather have them in our league. Can’t beat those games against them!

6 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

Great news.

I may be in a minority of one, but I'm not sure it's such a good thing if the game is off. It may be better to have it on and keep the momentum going.

Plus we've already got the Elgin game to fit in.  Do we really want midweek games  squeezed in at the business end of the season?

On reflection probably best if it’s on. If on, then go with confidence, we are playing really well just now and have every chance of winning. 

If it’s off then yes Goodie is probably back but who else might be out injured or suspended?  Or what other games we might have to catch up on

Best just get the game out the way and move on to the next one.  Midweek games takes its toll on part time players 

6 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Was wondering why they were only planning to put them down today given the snow forecast for last night. 

A midweek trip there with Goodie back will suit us better though!

apparently stirling uni played, and the goundsman had to maintain it after that, so covers were going on tonight, unfortunate , but no ones fault. 

52 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

I may be in a minority of one, but I'm not sure it's such a good thing if the game is off. It may be better to have it on and keep the momentum going.

Plus we've already got the Elgin game to fit in.  Do we really want midweek games  squeezed in at the business end of the season?

27 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

On reflection probably best if it’s on. If on, then go with confidence, we are playing really well just now and have every chance of winning. 

If it’s off then yes Goodie is probably back but who else might be out injured or suspended?  Or what other games we might have to catch up on

Best just get the game out the way and move on to the next one.  Midweek games takes its toll on part time players 

I don't think there's much choice in this, lads. Even if that's how it worked.

On the idealism factor, you'd surely not willingly choose to play SA without Goodwillie? They're a potentially very good side, and are in form.

In any case cancellations are a yearly occurence, and in terms of taking a toll, playing beats training a million times over as any player would attest to. And when a game is off, surely there's an option to train on that matchday instead, thus preparing us even 1% more for the backlog ahead. 

2 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

I was initially worried after seeing the pictures of the snow covered pitch but the game will go ahead. The snow will be completely gone come the weekend. 

Bring em’ on! 

The Michael Fish school of forecasting I presume....

Archived