Stirling Albion v Clyde

The leagues 2 form teams over the last 10 games (according to thefishy.com) meet at Forthbank on Saturday and already I’m looking forward to the game.

Always enjoy it when Clyde come to visit, for no other reason than we can open up the other stand, and It always feels like a proper match when fans are seated in the other stand.

Getting bored of saying it, but the transformation under KR is staggering and I’m sure it’ll be a cracker on Saturday.

Can’t wait!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Quite worried about this game, last game aside it always seems to be a tight match at Forthbank so hard to call who'll win it. Can't see the top 2 slipping up again this week so we need to get all 3 points here to keep the pressure on

They play one another the week after this. It's they two who need to keep winning!!

Peterhead have Cowdenbeath away which will be tricky. Edinburgh will surely beat Albion Rovers at home.

All we can do is keeping winning our games. Stirling away will be tough but we are in fine form and won 6 in a row. Would expect Stirling won't be as defensive as Cowdenbeath which will suit us.

This is going to be a very tough game for us. We need to keep winning to get that final play off place, although I would probably take a draw.

Our front line are in top form just now, espcially Peaso. So will be expecting goals in the game.

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

This is going to be a very tough game for us. We need to keep winning to get that final play off place, although I would probably take a draw.

Our front line are in top form just now, espcially Peaso. So will be expecting goals in the game.

Our defence are unbreakable, Jake lad. 

But agreed, a fucking cracker of a match awaits. I only wish it were us two going for the title, as the race would feel much more authentic with two proper, real clubs at it. 

23 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

I'd stick Cogill back in the staring line up partnering Lang.  Might be risky since they've never played together, and would be harsh on Rumsby dropping him, but still feel Cogill is our best CB and would be our best chance of stopping their front line scoring

Good suggestion, although unfair on Scott who has been playing well.

Would  be more balanced with Tom  on right and Dylan on left- and a huge threat to the opposing team at corners and set pieces with these two big lads venturing forward.

Would I be justified in saying that this is probably the best Peaso has played since signing for us? I think it might be [emoji85]

IMO, Peterhead & Edinburgh will win the vast majority of their games, so to win the league we'll need to do the same.  Without tempting fate (!) I'd say our playoff place is pretty much secured

Starting on Saturday, the next two games will be good tests for us, in fact Feb will be a big month

We've now the best defensive options available since the past decade and a quality midfield. That'll make us hard to beat.  The question will be whether without DGW we'll have enough cutting edge to turn tight games into victories. 

I would go with a 3 at the back - Lang, Rumsby & Cogill - to allow a starting spot for Love who looks the most natural goalscorer and can play with Kriss in a front 2. 

I think he'll go with the same starting line up as Saturday, keep it tight and look to somehow grind out a narrow win

Stirling, you could probably lose on Saturday and still easily make the playoffs, so, y'know, would be a nice gesture...:rolleyes:

Always enjoy it when Clyde come to visit, for no other reason than we can open up the other stand, and It always feels like a proper match when fans are seated in the other stand.

Buzzing for this one too.

And I get what you mean about the atmosphere when the fans are on opposite sides. Loved when Patrick Thistle played at Broadwood as it always resulted in the opposite stand opening.

Hence the reason why I hope to see Thistle relegated this year and praying we keep up our good form to meet them sooner rather than later. 🤣🤣🤣

Hence the reason why I hope to see Thistle relegated this year and praying we keep up our good form to meet them sooner rather than later. 🤣🤣🤣

The reason I want Patrick Thistle relegated is because they're Patrick Thistle.

I'd want that every season irrespective of Clyde's position.

I would go with a 3 at the back - Lang, Rumsby & Cogill - to allow a starting spot for Love who looks the most natural goalscorer and can play with Kriss in a front 2. 

I don't think an away match against a team showing a bit of form is the time to change both our defence and formation.

Our defence has been really strong in the last few games. Why change it?

5 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Quietly fancy our chances of getting the 3 points in this one. Expect it will be tough as allows against Clyde but hopefully with Goodwillie missing might just give us the edge but it will be tight. 

As you say need to keep on winning to get that 4th spot and get into the playoffs. With the good form of our front 3 MacDonald, Mackin and Smith hope that continues on Saturday but we might just sneak this one going 2-1 to Albion.  We will also have Dominic Docherty back from suspension and that's another boost for us. 

Would I be justified in saying that this is probably the best Peaso has played since signing for us? I think it might be [emoji85]

Absolutely. He's been immense since KR took over. He's made quite a few of us eat our words about him. Peaso past it? What a load of pish :lol:

Archived