Montrose v Brechin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge game for the Mo. Won't be an easy game after Brechin's last couple of results and I am sure they will be confident they can take away something. Hope we go back to four at the back and play 4-3-3 as I don't think the 3-5-2 formation worked that much on sat.

Milne was not bad on Saturday but it will take a game or two for him to settle back in. Hopefully he can make an impact but we really need our strikers to start putting the ball away.

2 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Huge game for the Mo. Won't be an easy game after Brechin's last couple of results and I am sure they will be confident they can take away something. Hope we go back to four at the back and play 4-3-3 as I don't think the 3-5-2 formation worked that much on sat.

Milne was not bad on Saturday but it will take a game or two for him to settle back in. Hopefully he can make an impact but we really need our strikers to start putting the ball away.

You guys have impressed me with the way you have settled into League One.  Is Milne on loan till the seasons end ?   As you say it'll take a game or two for him  to get going with hopefully it being after Saturdays match and NOT during it . Hope too that our result on Saturday encourages a few stay away Brechiners to come back.

You guys have impressed me with the way you have settled into League One.  Is Milne on loan till the seasons end ?   As you say it'll take a game or two for him  to get going with hopefully it being after Saturdays match and NOT during it . Hope too that our result on Saturday encourages a few stay away Brechiners to come back.
Yeah we have been steady for most of the season so far. Milne has signed permanent for 18 months. Haha we shall see. He shows glimpses of his old self on sat so may just be one game. A healthy crowd would be great

4 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
4 hours ago, underpar said:

Yeah we have been steady for most of the season so far. Milne has signed permanent for 18 months. Haha we shall see. He shows glimpses of his old self on sat so may just be one game. A healthy crowd would be great

Permanent ....nice work.  Healthy crowd would be great . I have got the buzz back for the football after Saturdays game.  I know it was only one game but after the dross that we have put up with lately it made a welcome change.Still think we are a striker light though.

2 hours ago, underpar said:

Permanent ....nice work.  Healthy crowd would be great . I have got the buzz back for the football after Saturdays game.  I know it was only one game but after the dross that we have put up with lately it made a welcome change.Still think we are a striker light though.

We all think that.  Hopefully time yet though. ;)8)

Big game for both teams. A home win would put us 10 points clear of Brechin and a huge gap between us and them.
Away win would get them within touching distance.
I'm sure that Brechin will be boosted by last weeks result but hopefully that was a one off.

My prediction - 3-1 for the Mo

One thing for certain - it will be feckin Baltic.

Very interested to see the starting line up with McLean in the picture. We have been most effective whilst playing 4-3-3 this season. I would start Flem, Steeves, Bolo, Dillo, Harrington, Cregg, Watson, Milne, McLean, Rennie and Henderson

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Very interested to see the starting line up with McLean in the picture. We have been most effective whilst playing 4-3-3 this season. I would start Flem, Steeves, Bolo, Dillo, Harrington, Cregg, Watson, Milne, McLean, Rennie and Henderson

Roughly agree with that. The 3-4-1-2 didn't work at Dumbarton especially first half and could have lost us the game. I'd go with 3-4-3 against Brechin and very much take the game to them. The 3 up front is an absolute must, no ifs and buts.

On 30/01/2019 at 21:03, Aidan said:

Missing this one due to work. 4-3 Montrose, Jimmy Mann and Hamish Brannan to score hat tricks for their respective sides, Martin Rennie penalty to win the game.

Ahh Hamish Brannan , i'd almost forgotten about him . A true legend . Some of his one man sing a longs are worth the trip through and admission money on there own . Heres a guy that genuinely loves his football and singing away on his own .  Montrose should  erect a statue somewhere in the town to honour him as he is a real character. I wish we had someone like him. Would have put a wee smile on peoples faces last season during the dark times. Think i know where i'll be watching the game from now.

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

This derby certainly seems to have the fans excited :lol:

Actually I am on the edge of my seat metaphorically, since I am lying on my bed. From a Montrose perspective, albeit dislocated by thousands of miles, I am in clover. We have made a couple of potentially great signings in the form of Milne and McLean. I am convinced that with Petrie at the helm, the good ship "the Mo" is heading in the right direction and life as a Mo fan has never been better. I don't know how things will go this afternoon but win, lose or draw, we haven't had things this good for a long time*

(* NB I have just shared in a super-charged "g&t" with the missus, following a challenging long interval 10 mile run, in preparation for the local 1/2 marathon on 3rd March. So judgement slightly befuddled.)

Come on ye Mo!

Archived