Airdrieonians v Dumbarton

2 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Draw was probably a fair enough result. Don't really see what the Dumbo fans are raging about with the ref and lino. They got a few calls from them both TBH.

The draw was a fair result. It was basically the sheer incompetence that enraged our fans. The 3 worst for me were - in the first half when he called offside for Airdrie when he was clearly 2 yards (at least) onside. That one was actually in favour of us. The other 2, in the 2nd half, were when Hutton clearly tipped a shot over and we weren't given a corner and then later when Dom Thomas hit the ball off of one of the defenders and again he flagged for a goal kick - despite being 2/3 yards away from it. 

Ref was hopeless. Quite a few stupid fouls given. We received bookings where later a like for like challenge for us resulted in no booking for your guys.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

The draw was a fair result. It was basically the sheer incompetence that enraged our fans. The 3 worst for me were - in the first half when he called offside for Airdrie when he was clearly 2 yards (at least) onside. That one was actually in favour of us. The other 2, in the 2nd half, were when Hutton clearly tipped a shot over and we weren't given a corner and then later when Dom Thomas hit the ball off of one of the defenders and again he flagged for a goal kick - despite being 2/3 yards away from it. 

Ref was hopeless. Quite a few stupid fouls given. We received bookings where later a like for like challenge for us resulted in no booking for your guys.

Whilst I agree the quality of ref at this level is quite poor but I don't think he did anything too controversial, it's not like we got four penalties in the game. Yep, he missed the tip over the bar. He's also gave us an advantage where there was none - resulting in us losing the ball - and failed to book one of your players for molesting young Glass. Of course, you see all the decisions against you but none of the little things that count for you. 

Just seems that the Dumbo fans are a bit raging for no real reason here.

8 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Whilst I agree the quality of ref at this level is quite poor but I don't think he did anything too controversial, it's not like we got four penalties in the game. Yep, he missed the tip over the bar. He's also gave us an advantage where there was none - resulting in us losing the ball - and failed to book one of your players for molesting young Glass. Of course, you see all the decisions against you but none of the little things that count for you. 

Probably a bit beyond the referee's powers to deal with that tbh.

In the end a fair result as Dumbarton finally woke up after Bobby Barr scored. I thought they were dreadful in the first half as many sons fans have posted, for some reason we had our usual second half slumbers and might well have lost . As to the Ref I always say little unless we win and think McKendrick is one of the best at this level. How any one can get in a rage over a possible corner is marvellous. The curious thing is that somehow Montrose have overtaken us yet again as we stay points adrift of fourth place. I was trying to work  out who else has not beaten Dumbarton in the League this season- East Fife?  Neither of our teams look capable of moving up, but Dumbarton's fight back suggests the bottom three/four will also be a really competitive end of season. Declan Glass has certainly skill and drive but he can't forget he has other players to pass to.  Am I correct in saying he is the son of Steven Glass ( Aberdeen/Newcastle) who was a smashing left sided player?

54 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

I've given an example which was against you and for ourselves so I don't think I'm having a biased view on things. The ref and in particular stand side linesman were both very poor. The linesman seemed ridiculously incompetent to be perfectly honest. How anyone could get some of those decisions wrong is just inexplicable.

2 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

I've given an example which was against you and for ourselves so I don't think I'm having a biased view on things. The ref and in particular stand side linesman were both very poor. The linesman seemed ridiculously incompetent to be perfectly honest. How anyone could get some of those decisions wrong is just inexplicable.

Chill, man,

9 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'm about the most laidback and chilled person you could meet to be fair :) that was frustrating and I'm explaining why it was an issue to many of our support.

You've got very upset about somebody not getting booked and a couple of corners not being given, but you keep telling yourself that.......

You've got very upset about somebody not getting booked and a couple of corners not being given, but you keep telling yourself that.......
It has already been explained to you but I will do so again...

It was not individual decisions that were causing the problem. It was the officiating as a whole that was totally incompetent which left the fans frustrated.

Too many ridiculously easy decisions called totally wrong.

Again our fans are moaning about the refereeing. It is becoming a theme, every game there is some sort of blame attached, it's even become a thing to assume the ref is going to have a stinker as soon as he's appointed. The shouts towards the officials from our support at home games borders on embarrassment. Ok some of the refs may not have good games but our players this season have had worse games. Without the refs we have no game to see. I suggest anyone who criticises the refs goes and takes the course run by the SFA, go ref a few youth/amateur games and see how easy it is. Let's worry about our own team rather than the officials.
Sorry for the post but it's becoming tiring hearing our fans constantly berate the officials.

Moaning about refs is part of the game but it often is a side show to what the teams do. Overall I thought the ref was OK. 

I thought we should have won; Adam made a few good saves, whereas I can't remember too many threats in our penalty area. Very frustrating

I agree with the comments on Glass but feel he is getting off lightly with his poor pass selection. Conroy, Gallagher or Miller would get slated for that on here; strange when Gallagher put in a great pass for the second goal and made a couple more in the first half too. I hope the more experienced players help the young lad

5 points dropped in past fortnight is poor. The play-offs are receding 

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Again our fans are moaning about the refereeing. It is becoming a theme, every game there is some sort of blame attached, it's even become a thing to assume the ref is going to have a stinker as soon as he's appointed. The shouts towards the officials from our support at home games borders on embarrassment. Ok some of the refs may not have good games but our players this season have had worse games. Without the refs we have no game to see. I suggest anyone who criticises the refs goes and takes the course run by the SFA, go ref a few youth/amateur games and see how easy it is. Let's worry about our own team rather than the officials.
Sorry for the post but it's becoming tiring hearing our fans constantly berate the officials.

I agree but it is also the crutch for so-called pundits and a few clubs too. At least you haven;t issued a club statement about refereeing which would be embarrassing

2 hours ago, super-son said:

It has already been explained to you but I will do so again...

It was not individual decisions that were causing the problem. It was the officiating as a whole that was totally incompetent which left the fans frustrated.

Too many ridiculously easy decisions called totally wrong.

It has already been explained to you but I will do so again. 

The decisions were wrong in both directions. Only Dumbo fans are utterly raging about a couple off innocuous incidents.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Feel for ya bro. Seem like a beacon of sanity amongst some utter throbbers.

1 hour ago, goodwin said:

I agree with the comments on Glass but feel he is getting off lightly with his poor pass selection. Conroy, Gallagher or Miller would get slated for that on here; strange when Gallagher put in a great pass for the second goal and made a couple more in the first half too. I hope the more experienced players help the young lad

Yes, once or twice he could have passed the ball to players in a better position. Yes, he looks a wee bit greedy.

I'd rather pay to watch Glass than any of the other names you mention there though.

And for once, I agree with you. The Gallagher pass for the second was lovely stuff.

.I think it is frustrating that at corners against Airdrie now seem to set up with everyone back which allows other teams to push every one forward and if the ball breaks out it is straight back since the is no out ball .

Please at least keep one man up which would at least keep two defenders back.

Dumbarton fans is this a tactic Murray does with all teams he manages ?

.I think it is frustrating that at corners against Airdrie now seem to set up with everyone back which allows other teams to push every one forward and if the ball breaks out it is straight back since the is no out ball .
Please at least keep one man up which would at least keep two defenders back.
Dumbarton fans is this a tactic Murray does with all teams he manages ?

Can't really recall, but I did notice that he's reintroduced timewasting on the grand scale, with Hutton continually fannying about and substituted players taking an age to leave the pitch. And the lack of ballboys helps count down the clock.

Curiously, it stopped after our equaliser.

14 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Declan Glass has certainly skill and drive but he can't forget he has other players to pass to.  Am I correct in saying he is the son of Steven Glass ( Aberdeen/Newcastle) who was a smashing left sided player?

No, he’s definitely not. 

Can't really recall, but I did notice that he's reintroduced timewasting on the grand scale, with Hutton continually fannying about and substituted players taking an age to leave the pitch. And the lack of ballboys helps count down the clock.

Curiously, it stopped after our equaliser.
Incredible this argument still gets rolled out after most games, at EVERY level.
I wasn't at the game (for good reason), but your seriously not telling me, that in Dumbarton's precarious position (as is ours relating to the playoff hope) that if at any point, in any games between now in the end of the season, Dumbarton are in a winning position, you'll be de-crying a bit of gamesmanship to run down a few minutes here and there?
B*llocks.

12 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

I didn't actually bring this up. I simply replied to your question of why we, as a group, were annoyed at the officials.

12 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

It's obvious you weren't at the game P. I'm not one in general for berating refs and quite often (mostly at home) we have quite a lot of fans who will shout for decisions (offsides) when it is quite clear it is not offside. It frustrates the life out of me. But on Saturday the red and  even more so the stand side linesman were terrible.

Archived