• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
FifeSons

Airdrieonians v Dumbarton

Been a fairly even game, but unfortunately we've been punished for Adam only palming a shot straight to Darryl Duffy's feet. He's made a couple of decent saves, but his distribution is brutal and you always know he's got a mistake in him.

Forbes and Hutton together still isn't working, and Airdrie are running all over them. Henk and Ferguson are both quite hesitant, and Carsy is talking them through a lot of the game. I can't understand why Duffy wouldn't just switch them into the right positions. That would help a lot.

We're still in it. Thomas and Boris look reasonably sharp, and it is only one goal, but (again) we need to up things majorly in the second half. 

Just now, son hawk said:

How are our back four lined up?

Same as last week I'm afraid.

Dom Thomas :wub:

Decent point considering we fell behind twice. Jim's subs were pretty spot on too, Armour did a great job setting up DT and Forbes (who was miles off it) really came into things when Hutton was hooked as we pushed for a winner.

Looking forward to seeing both goals again. Also looking forward to seeing Adam's save from Glass (I think) at 2-1. I've slated him a lot, but it looked different class. So fair play to him for that.

19 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Dom Thomas :wub:

Decent point considering we fell behind twice. Jim's subs were pretty spot on too, Armour did a great job setting up DT and Forbes (who was miles off it) really came into things when Hutton was hooked as we pushed for a winner.

Looking forward to seeing both goals again. Also looking forward to seeing Adam's save from Glass (I think) at 2-1. I've slated him a lot, but it looked different class. So fair play to him for that.

Yeah a couple of decent goals. I actually thought it might have been Paton or Forbes to come off as both had been worse than Hutton. Didn't have enough urgency for long enough for me.

Couple of good goals is fine but we need to show more for the whole 90 mins. For too long it looked like Airdrie wanted to win more than us.

Also think Perry coming on and playing RB shows we won't be seeing Ferguson at full back any time. Surely if he is a full back it would have made sense to play Perry at CB and move him out to either side.

Edited by squeezeboxson

2 good strikes, a decent second half and a good showing from grant Adam got us a point there.

First half was God awful.

I bloody hate the game / time management teams revert to when ahead.

Airdrie players don't seem to have the drive or capability to win,seems they have settled for another season in this league  even at that they will need a few new faces .

Yet again, we throw away a lead. It’s the Airdrie way! Dumbarton’s 1st was a good strike but it came from an Airdrie throw in the Dumbarton half FFS! The 2nd was another good finish but Thomas shouldn’t have been allowed to get the shot away. We were wasteful in front of goal. Could have had another few chances if Glass wasn’t as greedy. Decent prospect but needs to learn to pass the ball.

Point is decent enough. Was just waiting for the inevitable Airdrie winnner in injury time, so at least we saw it out.

Who was the fella that folk were getting pictures with outside the stadium before the game? Was behind him in the club shop queue but couldn’t really see his face!