Airdrieonians v Dumbarton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a fairly even game, but unfortunately we've been punished for Adam only palming a shot straight to Darryl Duffy's feet. He's made a couple of decent saves, but his distribution is brutal and you always know he's got a mistake in him.

Forbes and Hutton together still isn't working, and Airdrie are running all over them. Henk and Ferguson are both quite hesitant, and Carsy is talking them through a lot of the game. I can't understand why Duffy wouldn't just switch them into the right positions. That would help a lot.

We're still in it. Thomas and Boris look reasonably sharp, and it is only one goal, but (again) we need to up things majorly in the second half. 

Dom Thomas :wub:

Decent point considering we fell behind twice. Jim's subs were pretty spot on too, Armour did a great job setting up DT and Forbes (who was miles off it) really came into things when Hutton was hooked as we pushed for a winner.

Looking forward to seeing both goals again. Also looking forward to seeing Adam's save from Glass (I think) at 2-1. I've slated him a lot, but it looked different class. So fair play to him for that.

19 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Dom Thomas :wub:

Decent point considering we fell behind twice. Jim's subs were pretty spot on too, Armour did a great job setting up DT and Forbes (who was miles off it) really came into things when Hutton was hooked as we pushed for a winner.

Looking forward to seeing both goals again. Also looking forward to seeing Adam's save from Glass (I think) at 2-1. I've slated him a lot, but it looked different class. So fair play to him for that.

Yeah a couple of decent goals. I actually thought it might have been Paton or Forbes to come off as both had been worse than Hutton. Didn't have enough urgency for long enough for me.

Couple of good goals is fine but we need to show more for the whole 90 mins. For too long it looked like Airdrie wanted to win more than us.

Also think Perry coming on and playing RB shows we won't be seeing Ferguson at full back any time. Surely if he is a full back it would have made sense to play Perry at CB and move him out to either side.

Yet again, we throw away a lead. It’s the Airdrie way! Dumbarton’s 1st was a good strike but it came from an Airdrie throw in the Dumbarton half FFS! The 2nd was another good finish but Thomas shouldn’t have been allowed to get the shot away. We were wasteful in front of goal. Could have had another few chances if Glass wasn’t as greedy. Decent prospect but needs to learn to pass the ball.

Archived