Airdrieonians v Dumbarton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Celtic cheque must not have cleared or maybe it has but they won’t release and funds, had really hoped to see a new face to try and sort the issues up front. Not overly impressed with what we’ve done in January. We’ll stay up but can’t see a serious play off push with that squad.

You can still effectively sign players up to the end of February, free agents or loan players.

Safe to say Sons fans are feeling a wee bit better about the squad this morning but I'm under no illusions as to how big our problems are and I don't think Dom Thomas can do it all himself (not every week anyway).  You've just got to hope we've freshened things up enough that results start to change and we're not stuck with the loser mentality that we've been breeding this season. 

Another week gone by that hopefully means Craig Barr is another week fitter, hopefully he's fit to start tomorrow next to big Henk and we can have two actual full backs at full back and two actual central defenders at centre defence. I'm getting a nosebleed just thinking about that.

You can still effectively sign players up to the end of February, free agents or loan players.
Safe to say Sons fans are feeling a wee bit better about the squad this morning but I'm under no illusions as to how big our problems are and I don't think Dom Thomas can do it all himself (not every week anyway).  You've just got to hope we've freshened things up enough that results start to change and we're not stuck with the loser mentality that we've been breeding this season. 
Another week gone by that hopefully means Craig Barr is another week fitter, hopefully he's fit to start tomorrow next to big Henk and we can have two actual full backs at full back and two actual central defenders at centre defence. I'm getting a nosebleed just thinking about that.

It doesn’t carry the same excitement of deadline day though [emoji23]

Hopefully we do something. But maybe we’ll have a barnstorming Saturday tomorrow and this will come back to haunt me......

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Am I right in saying tomorrow could be the first time all season we've been able to fill the bench?

Yup. We had six subs against Kilmarnock, Airdrie (in September) and Arbroath - but in the latter two games Ross Perry and Mango were both named on the bench, despite being nowhere near fit.

Last time we had a full compliment of seven subs was, erm, the playoff final second leg. Hopefully that's not a sign.

I remember hearing quite a few complaints about Airdrie's pitch after the game in September, so I don't think we'll risk Mango this week. Hopefully that allows Jim to see sense and partner Carsy with Henk, put Ballantyne back to right-back and Ferguson over to left-back. Although given his love of a whacky selection we'll probably see Henk in centre-mid, Thomson at centre-back and Ballantyne on the wing - with Paton returning to right-back :lol:

Sons: Adam; Ballantyne, Carswell, Van Schaik, Ferguson; Paton, Hutton, Forbes, Barr; Thomas, Melingui. #sonsvairdrie

Subs: Brennan, Perry, Gallagher, Armour, Thomson, Barr. Hutton captains the side. #sonsvairdrie

Paton in for Thomson means that we'll have a gloriously stodgy midfield. Not that Thomson can complain about being dropped after last week. Just hope that the back four are playing in the correct positions.

Archived