Airdrieonians v Dumbarton

The team with the worst home form in the league (a stat I was surprised to learn) play host to the team with the worst away form in the league. Set up to be a cracker...

When you look at our next three games, this is probably the most winnable, given we always lose at Stranraer and East Fife are flying. Clearly we need Duffy to pull something out of the bag before this, otherwise we can forget any chance of winning.

I'm sure Airdrie will be keen to bounce back from their dismal defeat at Stenhousemuir (thanks for that Diamonds) and will fancy their chances of getting it, given how dire we are.

Personally, I'll be praying all week for the return of Dom Thomas.

Spoiler

The main talking point, however, will be Ian Murray and Bryan Prunty both in the home dugout providing a real conflict of emotions for a now disbanded group of travelling fans.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

Hope we keep the young lad Glass in - but god knows how we sort out the creativity problems up front.

Selling Victoria seems bizarre if that's the case, he was literally the only creative player (for either side) in the previous matches I've seen.

We need players in.  Preferably ones that give as much as Boris Melingui gave us on Saturday.  On that note, if Killie are still humming and hawing over giving us Thomas back this morning then I'd be slapping a contract on Boris' table and moving on.  We've got too many issues to be sat waiting on that news only to find out on Wednesday or Thursday that he isn't coming back.

Hopefully Craig Barr is fit enough to start and we pick the defence through logic and reason rather than pulling names out of a tombola.

Selling Victoria seems bizarre if that's the case, he was literally the only creative player (for either side) in the previous matches I've seen.

We need players in.  Preferably ones that give as much as Boris Melingui gave us on Saturday.  On that note, if Killie are still humming and hawing over giving us Thomas back this morning then I'd be slapping a contract on Boris' table and moving on.  We've got too many issues to be sat waiting on that news only to find out on Wednesday or Thursday that he isn't coming back.

Hopefully Craig Barr is fit enough to start and we pick the defence through logic and reason rather than pulling names out of a tombola.

I wasn’t one of those people who vastly rated Victoria. I wasn’t overwhelming bothered to see him loaned out, I don’t think the answer lies within the current squad or I would have been up in arms.

Murray doesn’t seem to rate him in an event, so for his sake he’s probably better off elsewhere getting a game.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Don't really like to give the most influential poster in P&B history any kudos, but isn't this what is known as "Duffyball"?

1 minute ago, Old Diamond said:

I see the second coming of the big revival that's not really happening thread has disappeared, who's been upset now??

Didn't seem like anything controversial on it when i looked ladt night. Everyone was agreeing how shite we were at the weekend

25 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

This game wasn't very appealing, but after dislocating my knee AGAIN this morning.... What I'd give to be sitting watching that sh*te on Saturday emoji26.pngemoji26.png

Ouch! I can empathise. Get better soon!

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

This thread already confirms how alike the 2 sets of supporters are - realise how shite their team is, extra-sensitive supporters to name just 2 shared things.

Don't forget our mutual staunchness.

Last night's reserve game v East Kilbride off due to weather. With temperatures way below zero for the rest of the week there would have to be doubt about this game going ahead surely.
Was that due to a frozen pitch or conditions outside the stadium? I always thought plastic pitches could cope with below freezing temps.

I dont think its cold enough to affect the game.
I can see us change the shape of the team for this one.
Although our defence is settled, we aren't scoring enough.    Our midfield aren't moving the ball well enough, and we are too predictable at times.
I can see us going 4411, 4231 or 433 whatever way you see it.

I won't make the late fitness test for this one, but IMO I think the 4231 would suit our personnel better.
Big reaction from this lot required, as defeat doesn't exactly rule the playoffs out, but makes it a hell of a difficult to secure a spot in them.

Looked scary on your Twitter pic mate.
Last 10 league games we've lost 1 goal per game average which is a good trend.  But the 1.4 goal per game average isn't so good.
We're improving but still got work to do getting that balance right.
That word is absolutely key.... "Balance".
There's been a lack of it, as you say, the last wee while its been as sound defensively as you're likely to get in this league (who'd have thought that In September). Still trying to find that breakthrough in the final third though, and a day or so to find it.

I think the new manager is doing a great job so far, considering what he has to work with.
Saw on an EF thread that we've tried (unsuccessfully) to get one of their players, so he's clearly still looking to add to the squad
I absolutely agree he's doing a great job, he's been hampered with an overpaid, mostly sub par squad and he's done the initial things well (make them harder to beat) but Im not going to bang on about the attacking problems as they've been done to death the last few days. Its an obvious problem that has to be addressed to make the next step forward in progression.
I've every faith he will address this, possibly not between now and the seasons end, but 100% in the summer.

Archived