Games you've never played

BFTD

Franchises I've never played, despite even owning some (or all) in the series, and wanting to get around to it at some point:

• Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Hitman
  • Just Cause
  • Saints Row
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Thief
  • Deus Ex

Fully expect to drop dead two days before retirement, with all of them installed and waiting for me.

On 1/27/2019 at 23:14, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Medal of Honor

Final Fantasy - JRPGs look like the visual equivalent of nails down the chalkboard to me. I've hardly ever seen any gameplay footage either; it always seems to be cut scenes, which is always a bit worrying.

Halo - didn't have an Xbox when the original came out, and there are always more interesting-looking FPS games around whenever they produce a sequel.
Gears of War - see Halo, pretty much.
God of War - they don't look bad, but I cannot be arsed with games on consoles any more. There's something about playing games on the TV in the living room that still makes a part of my brain think my mum's going to come in any minute and want to watch Last of the Summer Wine  :lol:

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

• Just Cause
  • Saints Row
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Thief
  • Deus Ex

Easier just to quote these two posts, add any of the Metal Gear Solid & Resident Evil series too, there's a reasonable late 90s to early 10s hole in my gaming where I didn't play much else other than sports games and various GTAs

Can only add Zelda (Breath of the Wild) and Pokemon (Go) within the last 18 months due to my gf's son getting me into them. Similarly the PS Now availability has mopped up a couple of things like Uncharted and Bioshock

Franchises I've never played, despite even owning some (or all) in the series, and wanting to get around to it at some point:
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Hitman
  • Just Cause
  • Saints Row
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Thief
  • Deus Ex
Fully expect to drop dead two days before retirement, with all of them installed and waiting for me.
The original Deus Ex? An absolute classic.

The original Deus Ex? An absolute classic.

Yeah; I’ve started it three or four times over the years, but never get past the first fifteen minutes. There’s just something about it that really, really turns me off. I think that still qualifies it for this thread!

I was the same with System Shock 2, but managed to push through, and it’s one of my all-time favourites.

Oh, I’ve never played a Metal Gear Solid game either. That’s a weird series, in that the fans seem to mainly discuss the things they DIDN’T like, so I’ve ended up with a poor view of them purely from people who like them. Very strange.

Deus Ex is brilliant. Great story and a massive world, especially for how old it now is.

OK nowadays the mechanics might not be great and it looks a little... Square? But it's fucking awesome especially in Paris and Hong Kong.

Metal Gear tried new things over the years. Personally I love them, great stories and game play.

33 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh, I’ve never played a Metal Gear Solid game either. That’s a weird series, in that the fans seem to mainly discuss the things they DIDN’T like, so I’ve ended up with a poor view of them purely from people who like them. Very strange.

The first Metal Gear Solid on the original Playstation is probably my favourite game of all time.

• 2 months later...

Never played any of the following series 

• Dark Souls or Bloodborne
  • MineCraft
  • Fortnite, DayZ, PUBG or any battle royale type games
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein
  • Halo
  • Dead Space
  • God of War
  • Hitman
  • ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
  • Psychonauts
  • System Shock
  • Animal Crossing
  • Warcraft - or any other MMO really
  • Shenmue
  • Deus Ex
  • Monkey Island

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Never played any of the following series 

• Dark Souls or Bloodborne
  • MineCraft
  • Fortnite, DayZ, PUBG or any battle royale type games
  • Doom
  • Wolfenstein
  • Halo
  • Dead Space
  • God of War
  • Hitman
  • ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
  • Psychonauts
  • System Shock
  • Animal Crossing
  • Warcraft - or any other MMO really
  • Shenmue
  • Deus Ex
  • Monkey Island

Never played doom, wolfenstein or halo, fucking hell lol

Doom was outstanding back in the day, halo was amazing as well

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Never played doom, wolfenstein or halo, fucking hell lol

Doom was outstanding back in the day, halo was amazing as well

Never owned a PC back in those days. 

Also never owned an original Xbox so by time Halo 3 came to 360 I wasn't that arsed.

The only reason Quake isn't on there as well is because I played Quake 64 at one point when I rented it from Blockbuster. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Never owned a PC back in those days. 

Also never owned an original Xbox so by time Halo 3 came to 360 I wasn't that arsed.

The only reason Quake isn't on there as well is because I played Quake 64 at one point when I rented it from Blockbuster. :lol:

I played doom on the snes, same for wolfenstein lol, the good old days

• 3 weeks later...