Hibs vs Aberdeen

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs look to have seriously regressed, which I suppose isn't surprising considering whatever is going on behind the scenes, but 2-1 really flattered Hibs. I thought we looked good going forward but considering the amount of good attacking build up it was definitely disappointing to only score twice. Thought the Hibs goal was good but the defence gave him way too much space to get the shot off. Ultimately though as soon as we equalised it never really looked like being anything other than an Aberdeen win, got the second goal, saw the game out the way that we always seem to these days so happy with that. Hopefully the injuries aren't too serious.

Hibs were more physical than I expected, Milligan in particular. I missed the game at Pittodrie so this is the first time I've watched Hibs since the league cup game (which I thought we were completely outplayed in) and they look quite a bit worse and we looked a good deal better. Despite that games against Hibs away are always potentially tricky games so coming away with 3 points is good and there were some very good moments of play. Best I've seen Shinnie for a while as well.

2 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Hibs look to have seriously regressed, which I suppose isn't surprising considering whatever is going on behind the scenes, but 2-1 really flattered Hibs. I thought we looked good going forward but considering the amount of good attacking build up it was definitely disappointing to only score twice. Thought the Hibs goal was good but the defence gave him way too much space to get the shot off. Ultimately though as soon as we equalised it never really looked like being anything other than an Aberdeen win, got the second goal, saw the game out the way that we always seem to these days so happy with that. Hopefully the injuries aren't too serious.

Hibs were more physical than I expected, Milligan in particular. I missed the game at Pittodrie so this is the first time I've watched Hibs since the league cup game (which I thought we were completely outplayed in) and they look quite a bit worse and we looked a good deal better. Despite that games against Hibs away are always potentially tricky games so coming away with 3 points is good and there were some very good moments of play. Best I've seen Shinnie for a while as well.

We weren't really that physical m8. Aberdeen players just threw themselves down at every opportunity and non-opportunity and were awarded for it regardless.

We weren't really that physical m8. Aberdeen players just threw themselves down at every opportunity and non-opportunity and were awarded for it regardless.

FFS go to bed mate. It’s getting boring now.

I don’t know if I’m being wooshed or not, my point is very simple.

When Aberdeen attacked us today, they looked several classes above, GMS, Stewart and Wilson were tearing us apart and Aberdeen could’ve had 4 or 5 if they’d been more clinical from these counter attacks.

And the last two words there are what you’re not getting. They were counter attacks because McInnes was happy to soak up our ‘pressure’ (ie we passed the ball around with no real purpose) and then hit us in numbers on the break.

What I am saying is that Aberdeen are comfortably a good enough side to beat Hibs without the snideness. Shinnie doesn’t need to hack players down, you don’t need to go down with injuries for minutes at a time, and if you honestly can’t see the what people mean by the “falling over with their back to the ref” trick then that’s a bit worrying.
Except Aberdeen weren't sitting back and 'soaking up pressure'. We had 69% possession.
Numbers don't lie, Shinnie and Ferguson bossed the midfield and controlled the game.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

I don’t know if I’m being wooshed or not, my point is very simple.

When Aberdeen attacked us today, they looked several classes above, GMS, Stewart and Wilson were tearing us apart and Aberdeen could’ve had 4 or 5 if they’d been more clinical from these counter attacks.

And the last two words there are what you’re not getting. They were counter attacks because McInnes was happy to soak up our ‘pressure’ (ie we passed the ball around with no real purpose) and then hit us in numbers on the break.

What I am saying is that Aberdeen are comfortably a good enough side to beat Hibs without the snideness. Shinnie doesn’t need to hack players down, you don’t need to go down with injuries for minutes at a time, and if you honestly can’t see the what people mean by the “falling over with their back to the ref” trick then that’s a bit worrying.

mmm 

20181106_092847.jpg.c39470b83b35757ea7786743daca4d81.jpg

It's amazing despite being almost exclusively a midtable team for the last thirty years Hibs fans still have the delusion they play good football.

Add to that every team that beats them plays hoofball, cheat and "f**k watching that every week" is on repeat.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Dat snideness tho.

Hibs is a great fun away day, today no exception. Delighted to see so many hibees so generously lose the plot here. Selfless.

Aberdeen deserved the win and rightly so. We never turned up and were awful for the majority of the game. 

19 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

StandFree taking to hating Hibs on the whole because him hating Lennon for the crime of suffering from mental illness was deemed unacceptable. Par for the course for that total scumbag.

Lolling at the fact he spent his Saturday night reading another clubs football forum. Absolute nap it was followed by a quick Pot Noodle and a w**k before his mum called bedtime. 

14 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What injuries did Aberdeen goalie and Cosgrove pick up? 

Cosgrove appeared to tweak a hamstring.

Lewis dived to cover a shot and battered his head off the post. Large cut above the eye.

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Aberdeen deserved the win and rightly so. We never turned up and were awful for the majority of the game. 

Must be a Hearts fan on the wind up...

19 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Cosgrove appeared to tweak a hamstring.

Lewis dived to cover a shot and battered his head off the post. Large cut above the eye.

McInnes said post match Cosgrove had an issue with his back prior to the game which he aggravated during game.

Archived