Rangers vs St Mirren 2nd February

Probably in a minority of one over this one but I was working on Saturday, expected us to get beat, and when I found out the details of the game I was more amused than upset, shit happens and it's more important that we focus on the Motherwell game - if we don't close the gap between us & Accies/Dundee on Wednesday night then things'll look even grimmer.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why go down "anticipating contact". 
Put on a coat to protect you from anticipated rain - reasonable; fall over in case you get tackled in a contact sport - REALLY ?????????
If that's the case he should have been booked for simulation as he went down without contact, presumably with the hope of gaining an advantage. 

Exactly. Stewart went on to say it wasn’t simulation. He then put forward a very strong case for simulation. It was clear as day a dive at the time and with conclusive evidence on the tv it is an obvious dive.
Of all the penalties this should be the one with the least debate and definite repercussions.

57 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Saturday's 'refereeing ' display was down to blatant cheating rather than ineptitude.  His dad Hugh (true blue) was a cheating Mason, and so is Andrew. 

SFA - corrupt to the core.

What about the stick on penalty he didn’t give Rangers?

There was not one really outrageous decision. Obviously there were mistakes but you can see why he gave them 

3 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

There was not one really outrageous decision. Obviously there were mistakes but you can see why he gave them 

His work was done by time Morelos dived. 

If these penalties had gone against your mob, you'd be asking for a full investigation. 

Corrupt to the core.

8 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Can you now see where we were coming from after the Cowden game ? 

The Saints fans accuse Dallas of bias yet you defend him to the hilt.   Basically none of them are cheats , they are just all as incompetent as each other. 

Dallas has been fast tracked because of his father's reputation .  He is so out of his depth it beggars belief.   Of course he is going to cave in to 45000 baying fans. 

31 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Decisions far worse went against Rangers in the Cowdenbeath game and of course I was angry but it was your Buddie Craig Thompson that was the referee then. We expect nothing else from him.

We get nothing from Thompson also. I think the fact that he was a Saints fan goes against us.

Guest Moomintroll
I haven't seen the highlights yet so have no opinion on the validity of these decisions.
However, I am finding it amusing that Bob is still having his post weekend referee tantrum despite getting four penalties on Saturday. [emoji38]
This,@BobWilliamson, stop trying so hard. I cannot believe that some people are still responding to your faux outrage but it makes otherwise decent threads become unreadable.

23 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

At least the Celtic fans have taken it well emoji23.png.

You have to laugh really. We have never been shafted by the ref against them, ever.

Maybe so , but this is new levels of shaft. Isaac Hayes would have been proud. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Can you now see where we were coming from after the Cowden game ? 

The Saints fans accuse Dallas of bias yet you defend him to the hilt.   Basically none of them are cheats , they are just all as incompetent as each other. 

Dallas has been fast tracked because of his father's reputation .  He is so out of his depth it beggars belief.   Of course he is going to cave in to 45000 baying fans. 

Apples and Oranges 

Craig Thompson has been biased his whole career 

Andrew Dallas has been a very poor referee his whole career 

OK I ll be honest for once. The RE Teacher isn’t biased. He’s just an arrogant little shit who , I believe , loves to be the centre of attention 

Jury is out on Kevin Clancy. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after his admission of guessing wrongly

Bobby Madden, John Beaton and McLean are much of a muchness. Nah that’s unfair on Madden and McLean. Beatons performance against Hibs is probably the worst I have ever seen and to show no bias his decision to only book Joey Garner after toeing Dougie Imrie up in the air was staggering.

The standard of refereeing in this country is shambolic. VAR is a must. The officials we have at the moment are not good enough and I can’t see it improving any time soon. If you were a youngster would you want to get into that profession seeing the abuse they get? I certainly wouldn’t. I refereed my sons team when younger and bent over backwards to give the opposition the benefit of any doubt and still took abuse of irate parents who simply couldn’t accept their kids team losing. Bollocks to going through that again 

17 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Only last week a Scottish Referee gave three penalty decisions in one game all against Rangers. Actually four decisions if you want to include the Cowdenbeath player clearly encroaching the penalty area for his goal

FFS we didn’t have to look too far back to disprove that nonsense 

You're trying to hard to be clever. I know that you will argue differently (you would argue black is white if it was in favour of Rangers) but not giving a penalty doesn't equate to giving one.

Archived