Rangers vs St Mirren 2nd February

Just watched the highlights - absolutely shocking display by Dallas - second penalty Defoe tripped over his own feet, third and fourth were both outside the box.

And to compound it all he should have given the possible fifth penalty.

Not the first time he's done this - bloody incompetent and shouldn't be near a top level match for some time to come.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

At least sevco's goal difference got a boost from the pens not that it will matter it the end of the season. 

The Europa places look like they're going to be pretty tight this season Willie, goal difference may well matter.

I reckon you guys have a pretty decent lead now too.

1st - stonewaller

2nd - agree with Michael Stewart. Not a penalty, but not a ban for Defoe. I can understand why it's been awarded at full speed certainly. But yes, a mistake. 

3Rd - thought it looked like there was a second handball within the box. Can understand why there's a controversy because there's definitely a handball outside the box first.

4th is a scandal. Worse than what Jordan Jones received a two match ban. Lets see what happens shall we?...

1st - stonewaller
2nd - agree with Michael Stewart. Not a penalty, but not a ban for Defoe. I can understand why it's been awarded at full speed certainly. But yes, a mistake. 
3Rd - thought it looked like there was a second handball within the box. Can understand why there's a controversy because there's definitely a handball outside the box first.
4th is a scandal. Worse than what Jordan Jones received a two match ban. Lets see what happens shall we?...

Honestly, my take is similar. The 3rd I don’t know the rules, but he definitely handles the ball in the box, as well as outside.

The second is a mistake, and the fourth is a dive, which is really impossible for the referee to spot.

The first is certainly a penalty.

I’m no Andrew Dallas fan, but it was a pretty freakish set of circumstances.

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, my take is similar. The 3rd I don’t know the rules, but he definitely handles the ball in the box, as well as outside.

The second is a mistake, and the fourth is a dive, which is really impossible for the referee to spot.

The first is certainly a penalty.

I’m no Andrew Dallas fan, but it was a pretty freakish set of circumstances.

After watching the highlights on the BBC website, it's not that clearcut as the foul continues into the box when Tansey clearly pulls Candeias down.

After watching the highlights on the BBC website, it's not that clearcut as the foul continues into the box when Tansey clearly pulls Candeias down.

Candeias got the slightest touch about 2 yards out then throws himself in to the box like a rugby player doing the old double movement.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

You don’t actually believe what you are posting. It’s not even pie & bovril levels of trolling, you are just a dick.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Candeias got the slightest touch about 2 yards out then throws himself in to the box like a rugby player doing the old double movement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/47111185

Tansey clearly pulls his shorts in the box, it was a penalty.

Gonna get some slack for this...

1. Stonewall penalty, no question.

2. Defoe makes a meal of it but was definitely tripped. Penalty.

3. Handball but outside the box, can't blame Dallas for this though as the linesman was the one who said it was inside.

4.  Foul but outside the box and should have been a free-kick, only one Dallas can really be blamed for.

6 hours ago, starkssandshoes said:

Just imagine it had been the other way around, Controversy, what controversy? 

See, people keep saying 'imagine it was the other way around' but, while I'm able to imagine Eiza Gonzalez wanting a ride with me, there are limits to my imagination. Rangers having four penalties given against them is well beyond those limits.

Gonna get some slack for this...
2. Defoe makes a meal of it but was definitely tripped. Penalty.

Neither of these things happen. Defoe went down anticipating contact, according to Michael Stewart. No contact was forthcoming so he bounced straight back up. It is a dive he has conned the referee. Whether he gets up straight away or rolls around for 5 minutes is irrelevant. He should be banned.

11 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Neither of these things happen. Defoe went down anticipating contact, according to Michael Stewart. No contact was forthcoming so he bounced straight back up. It is a dive he has conned the referee. Whether he gets up straight away or rolls around for 5 minutes is irrelevant. He should be banned.

Why go down "anticipating contact". 

Put on a coat to protect you from anticipated rain - reasonable; fall over in case you get tackled in a contact sport - REALLY ?????????

If that's the case he should have been booked for simulation as he went down without contact, presumably with the hope of gaining an advantage. 

Archived