Rangers vs St Mirren 2nd February

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_4362.jpg

Looks like any infringement ended before the rangers player fell in the box.

That is an embarrassing dive so that his momentum ensures that he falls in the box. Anyone who tries to justify this as pen is taking the piss. The first one was in the stonewall category, the other 3 were fucking laughable.

Dallas should never be anywhere near a top flight game again.

10 minutes ago, Meiksyboy said:

Ask yourself this had that happened at the other end of the park St.Mirren would not have got a penalty

Penalties never get awarded against Sevco.

Decisions never go against Sevco.

McGregor never had a save to make, think about that..

21 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_4362.jpg

Looks like any infringement ended before the rangers player fell in the box.

There's absolutely no way you can make a call one way or the other based on that blurred photo.

I can’t believe that anyone can be stupid enough to think that a ref awarding 4 penalties, 3 of them incorrectly, is in anyway made ok by the fact it was St Mirren and they probably wouldn’t have won anyway.

Guest Moomintroll
Penalties never get awarded against Sevco.
Decisions never go against Sevco.
McGregor never had a save to make, think about that..

I actually agree with what you are saying there Benny but that "performance" from Dallas yesterday was inexcusable.

Guest Moomintroll
There's absolutely no way you can make a call one way or the other based on that blurred photo.
Unless the Maureen is an incredibly quick reverse worm exponent and Candyass can jump backwards then yes you can as any contact was clearly outside the 18 yard box.

Guest Moomintroll
I don't even think that Dallas was particularly biased yesterday, I just think he's incompetent.
He is with a side helping of his own agenda. If Pierluiga Collina had a son who was as bad at the job as he is, does anyone think he would be anywhere near a Serie A fixture?

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I made the call from watching it in real time, and on several replays via the Tv coverage. It’s a blatant dive from outside the box. That’s also the viewpoint of two ex professional referee’s.

St Mirren fans have every right to be annoyed at 2nd and 4th penalty. They have every right to vent their anger at a pretty dreadful performance from the officials 

How many posters who support other clubs and are on this thread with their mock outrage at the refereeing standards were on the Cowdenbeath v Rangers thread complaining about Craig Thompson’s performance?

The last four Rangers games there have been 10 penalty decisions to be made and the officials have called only one of them correctly. Two more are contentious and the other seven are quite clearly wrong.

Thats not good enough and it has to be addressed. The sooner we have VAR the better. It might not be perfect but it has to be better than no VAR!

11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I made the call from watching it in real time, and on several replays via the Tv coverage. It’s a blatant dive from outside the box. That’s also the viewpoint of two ex professional referee’s.

I agree.  But you can tell none of that from that photo.

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

St Mirren fans have every right to be annoyed at 2nd and 4th penalty. They have every right to vent their anger at a pretty dreadful performance from the officials 

How many posters who support other clubs and are on this thread with their mock outrage at the refereeing standards were on the Cowdenbeath v Rangers thread complaining about Craig Thompson’s performance?

The last four Rangers games there have been 10 penalty decisions to be made and the officials have called only one of them correctly. Two more are contentious and the other seven are quite clearly wrong.

Thats not good enough and it has to be addressed. The sooner we have VAR the better. It might not be perfect but it has to be better than no VAR!

Agree with that, what about the 3rd penalty though?

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

The first one was a stonewall penalty. The other three were laughable. Defoe is on twitter saying that Dallas asked him if he dived for the second :lol:

Scottish football is a joke. 

Just now, Munoz said:

Agree with that, what about the 3rd penalty though?

The hand ball? Even watching replays I think it’s a penalty but then I see a still photo that appears to show it outside the box. Then we have Craig Killie saying if it carry’s on into the box it’s a penalty 

That’s one of the two I’m putting down as contentious 

Archived