Rangers vs St Mirren 2nd February

Staggering that St Mirren can lose 4-0, Dallas can magic up penalties for absolutely nothing, yet it's still bennett who comes across as the most moronic one on show.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If we'd be holding on for a 0-0 at 85mins and Dallas had awarded one of these penalties then I'd understand folk wanting to shout cheat.

As it happens Rangers were miles ahead of us, and despite us moving the ball quite well at times we never threatened. Did we have a shot on target?? 

These decisions didn't affect the outcome.

This does however blow out the water Gerrard's ludicrous assertion that referees have been against them. I've noticed he's doubled down and said they should have actually had 5 penalties. At least he has a sense of humour. Or maybe he'd just been back on the loving cup before his interview.

Don't be silly, that was clearly the SFA cheating celtic again @comradeTommy

9 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If we'd be holding on for a 0-0 at 85mins and Dallas had awarded one of these penalties then I'd understand folk wanting to shout cheat.

As it happens Rangers were miles ahead of us, and despite us moving the ball quite well at times we never threatened. Did we have a shot on target?? 

These decisions didn't affect the outcome.

This does however blow out the water Gerrard's ludicrous assertion that referees have been against them. I've noticed he's doubled down and said they should have actually had 5 penalties. At least he has a sense of humour. Or maybe he'd just been back on the loving cup before his interview.

Nonsense, of course these decisions affect the outcome of a game. 

Two stonewall pens denied during week and two soft pens given yesterday,other two were pens imo.you would think rangers only get favourable decisions on here.rangers would have won the game without the soft pens.Don't think st mirren even had a shot in target.

1 minute ago, davied85 said:

Two stonewall pens denied during week and two soft pens given yesterday,other two were pens imo.you would think rangers only get favourable decisions on here.rangers would have won the game without the soft pens.Don't think st mirren even had a shot in target.

Admits Rangers got penalties for nothing.

Claims Rangers don't get favourable decisions.

*** logic.

26 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Look, it doesn't matter how much The Rangers are favoured by the SFA now. As i'm sure we can all agree that it's not the same club that was favoured by them pre-2012, even if they try so hard to pretend that it is.

Personally, I think every club should start chucking their games against Celtic, to ensure they win the league. That will really trigger the powers that be.

Given their record of the last 3 seasons, I don’t think Celtic need any help.

I can’t believe though that you want your team to lie down to Celtic. Some supporter you are. Moronic.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given their record of the last 3 seasons, I don’t think Celtic need any help.

I can’t believe though that you want your team to lie down to Celtic. Some supporter you are. Moronic.

Quite happy to pay the price to ensure that the premiership isn't restored back to a 2-way by an SFA desperate to see it so. They would love nothing more than to see The Rangers win the league this season. Quite happy for us all to play our part in ensuring that they don't. 4U0m6pP.png

4 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Quite happy to pay the price to ensure that the premiership isn't restored back to a 2-way by an SFA desperate to see it so. They would love nothing more than to see The Rangers win the league this season. Quite happy for us all to play our part in ensuring that they don't. 4U0m6pP.png

Your a Celtic fan then ? Just say that. I don’t give a f**k what one of them win. 

Just checked. Hibs fan !! Aye so you are.

17 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Why not hand the title to Aberdeen or Kilmarnock then?

What happened during the week is irrelevant. Rangers were gifted 3 goals yesterday. These penalty decisions hide the fact that you are an average side.
The first was a penalty the rest were Dallas’ incompetence. He has shown over many games that he is not good enough to referee in professional football. I don’t think he’s biased in favour of one team, he’s an extremely poor referee however.
What should happen now is Dallas & his main stand linesman demoted to junior football & Defoe given a 2 match ban. Neither of these will happen, no doubt.

47 minutes ago, davied85 said:

Did not expect my team to go and win yesterday so losing is not a surprise . 

The bigger picture should be a concern to all clubs. The ref has made huge blunders all season yesterday was the icing on the cake.

People seem to think that losing 3 peanlties that should never been didn't affect St Mirren at all.

Teams heads mostly go down if they have conceded perfectly good goals never mind when the ref is acting like hes lost his head.

People seem to think that losing 3 peanlties that should never been didn't affect St Mirren at all.
Teams heads mostly go down if they have conceded perfectly good goals never mind when the ref is acting like hes lost his head.

Given it was still only 1-0 with 30mins left there was always a chance St Mirren could’ve got something from the game before Dallas ended it.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Nonsense, of course these decisions affect the outcome of a game. 

Those decisions may have affected the outcome of another game.

Not this game.

Rangers were 1-0 up due to a correctly awarded penalty, never really needed to get out of first gear and St Mirren couldn't even muster one attempt on target.

The fans might have started grumbling if it was still 1-0 after an hour or so but I highly, highly doubt St Mirren would have been able to take advantage of it.

edit: Just seen this on Twitter and can only imagine the same applies to the fourth penalty.... "Rule 12 IFAB rules; "If a defender starts holding an attacker outside of the penalty area and it continues inside the area, the referee must award a penalty kick"

Really. Do we know the rules at all. The first infringement is the handball, which occurs outside the box. If he picks the ball up in the centre circle and runs into the box with it, the whistle might go before he reaches the box.
If an infringement starts outside the box and continues into the box then it is a penalty.

The example you gave is completely irrelevant, since it doesn't relate in any way to what actually happened.

Archived