Dunfermline vs Ross County - 2nd February

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best performance we've put in for a long time. Anderson looks quality, he may well keep us up. Defensively shaky still but at least we're making progress going forward.

Looked at the county team sheet pre-match and I was delighted to see that the quality players like gardyne were benched. No surprise they improved after making changes.

Very interested to see the 2 offside decisions. Looked like the linesman made an arse of both them, the game turned on the first decision which happens too often with us, 1 thing goes against us and we turn to shit.
Crawford saying their first goal is onside

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Dunfermline - what a bunch of hatchet men :lol:

County poor first half but 2nd half we probably should have scored more. Graham sitter after the equaliser and according to Open All Mics, Mckay's goal was fine that was chopped offside. Midge great when he came on.

Important win with Utd and Ayr winning.

P.S Great Dunfermline crowd - well done bois x

You know this from listening to off the ball? Nice one. Both teams could have been called hatchet men however County are a bit more discreet, but really welcome to the championship if it was all silky defending and no-one leaving the foot in then it would be dull, also McManus' falling over was pretty frustrating when he was in black and white but its even worse when he's against you, he has the skill to beat a man no need really to collapse all the time, most refs just ignore him now.

12 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

You know this from listening to off the ball? Nice one. Both teams could have been called hatchet men however County are a bit more discreet, but really welcome to the championship if it was all silky defending and no-one leaving the foot in then it would be dull, also McManus' falling over was pretty frustrating when he was in black and white but its even worse when he's against you, he has the skill to beat a man no need really to collapse all the time, most refs just ignore him now.

I was at the game. On our WhatsApp group the boys who couldn't make it said it was onside though according to the radio. We'll hopefully see tomorrow in the highlights.

Just now, staggy4life said:

I was at the game. On our WhatsApp group the boys who couldn't make it said it was onside though according to the radio. We'll hopefully see tomorrow in the highlights.

The goal that was ruled out was on side for sure the goal that stood was offside

Seemed a bit strange the referee constantly talking to County players for multiple fouls rather than booking them, and two of the yellow cards the County players did get in the second half were for really bad tackles. Saying we are hatchet men is up there with the worst of the worst trolling efforts. Sadly the game turned on the first goal but we are so lacking in leadership it's unreal. As soon as we lose a goal, get a bad decision against us, suffer an injury or have some other setback we crumble. The big difference between the teams today though was the squad depth. They brought on Gardyne and we have to rely on Smith. The squad we've been left with by the previous manager (and the new bodies other than Anderson) is so unbalanced and lacking in quality. We are really toiling and I fear we'll be bottom within a month.

One example was when Devine was quite rightly booked for pulling someone back but when Faissal was pulled the county player only got talked to.
Just because the county player made a meal of it?
Graham was fouling the entire match as was McManus and big draper and the other striker were at it also. Pathetic stuff.

Another ugly win. This is the most ugly-winning County side since the Div1 invincible Mcmenamin 1-0 boring-boring County era.

We should have been dead and buried by HT, how many chances did Pars have ffs. Plainly obvious the shape isn't working but again we wait far too long to change it. No width yet Midge, Mullin and Armstrong on the bench, huh?

If Semple is yet another CB injury then witchcraft is involved.

VDW is improving with every game.

Cracking winner by Midge.

Good music in Charlie Ds pre-match and HT bridie. 

A mishmash of thoughts:

County grind out result. Again. The game really changed in the second half: Gardyne was the best player on the park. A frustrating but expected starting line-up, and I don't really subscribe to this "don't change a winning team" ideology - particularly when guys like Mullin and Gardyne are available.  VdW was fine, looks a different player to the one that rocked up at Palmerston. Still not convinced that Spence/Draper work together. I didn't realise Semple was injured, that's a blow and hopefully it's not too serious (Boyle looked fine though, not that he had much to deal with). Keith Watson's relative inability to deal with a ball over his head terrifies me.  I was at the other end of the park and I could tell that Mckay was onside for the disallowed goal, a really poor decision (and one I didn't realise was ruled out until after 30 seconds of celebrating wildly).

Kallum Higginbotham :lol: When things aren't going your way, just try and do an opposition player. It has worked so well for him in the past against County. 

1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:

Another ugly win. This is the most ugly-winning County side since the Div1 invincible Mcmenamin 1-0 boring-boring County era.

I think that County side would take everyone in this league to the cleaners.

Winning ugly is something we haven't done since then (and the Dick Campbell side, Jimmy Calderwood teams) so it's a weird feeling to be playing mostly pish but grinding out results.

The double sub was laughable.

Smithy taking on a financial doped Ro$$ Cointy team last 20 mins. Aye,  well thought out Stevie C.  20 yards between him and the rest of the team. It was painful viewing. Game was going nowhere before that.

Yeah, having watched the highlights, McKay did brilliantly for the equaliser. Anticipated a loose ball and was the only one following the shot in. Defenders were all static.

Which makes the goal disallowed for offside even worse. Our highlights don’t show it very well, but at the time I thought McKay was behind the ball and not even close to being offside. At the time, I thought he gave offside, because he thought he’d made a mistake with the equaliser - even though that’s the totally wrong thing to do!

It’s concerning that our players just seem to collapse, as soon as we concede a goal. We played very well first half, then offered completely nothing, other than shambolic defending, in the second. County weren’t outstanding, but know how to pick up results.

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, having watched the highlights, McKay did brilliantly for the equaliser. Anticipated a loose ball and was the only one following the shot in. Defenders were all static.

Which makes the goal disallowed for offside even worse. Our highlights don’t show it very well, but at the time I thought McKay was behind the ball and not even close to being offside.

It’s concerning that our players just seem to collapse, as soon as we concede a goal. We played very well first half, then offered completely nothing, other than shambolic defending, in the second. County weren’t outstanding, but know how to pick up results.

Going simply by the highlights, in that second half, Dunfermline seemed to be defending on their own six yard box.  

Edited to add: very obvious from a County point of view that the goal came from Dunfermline taking advantage of an injured Semple.  He can barely move beyond a jogging pace to get back, and the guy finishes well.

Change of shape to 442 in the second half, Lindsay on the right.  Another thing he has in common with Jackson Irvine I suppose.  There's always someone out of position these days but it at least offers a mix of Gardyne's quality ballasted by a bit of industry.  Lindsay looked bright there from that position.

Please, no more centre-forwards on the wings.

To be honest I don’t think Semple had his best game but he is a very young lad fitting into a new team, new environment and is certainly going to be an asset to the club.

If as reported he had a knock then two weeks with no game due to being cup tied in both competitions is perfect timing.

Boyle certainly had an easier ride when he came on, partly due to Dunfermaline having a poor second half but again he looks an excellent signing .

A bit of experience never goes a miss.

2 minutes ago, SueSue said:

To be honest I don’t think Semple had his best game but he is a very young lad fitting into a new team, new environment and is certainly going to be an asset to the club.

If as reported he had a knock then two weeks with no game due to being cup tied in both competitions is perfect timing.

Boyle certainly had an easier ride when he came on, partly due to Dunfermaline having a poor second half but again he looks an excellent signing .

A bit of experience never goes a miss.

Look at the goal. He can barely run.  And he was taken off four minutes later.

Both the disallowed goal and the goal by Mckay were onside.

Why do teams try to defend when they've got Danny Devine on the pitch?

Archived