Dunfermline vs Ross County - 2nd February

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any Dunfermline fan left reeling about Callum Morris heading north to Dingwall instead of returning to England as he indicated to the chairman: you might take some solace in Stelios Demetriou heading to Macclesfield, immediately after convincing Ross County to sign his release papers for nothing on the basis that he was to return to Cyprus with his fiancée.

17 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

For any Dunfermline fan left reeling about Callum Morris heading north to Dingwall instead of returning to England as he indicated to the chairman: you might take some solace in Stelios Demetriou heading to Macclesfield, immediately after convincing Ross County to sign his release papers for nothing on the basis that he was to return to Cyprus with his fiancée.

Brian Pillman-esque.

I can see Demetriou's logic: it's entirely plausible this his fiancee has moved back to Cyprus, and it'll be a lot easier for him if he's near a major airport with direct links to Cyprus (i.e., not Inverness). But I can understand Kettlewell's frustration that the player has said they're moving back to Cyprus only to sign for Macclesfield.

From my understanding of gossip and rumours, County tend to be quite accommodating when it comes to off-the-pitch things like this - so taking Demetriou's word for it probably isn't that unusual. IIRC, De Leeuw was released because his wife/fiancee/girlfriend couldn't settle (then he rocked up in Bangkok rather than the Netherlands). And, again IIRC, the Kovacevic situation with his dad (and/or Eastern European gangsters in Inverness...) saw him released from his contract.

A couple of years ago, Farid El Alagui left us for Asia. He ended up in Ayrshire instead, playing for league rivals. Footballers aren’t the most honest of people, it seems.

4 hours ago, yoda said:

I can see Demetriou's logic: it's entirely plausible this his fiancee has moved back to Cyprus, and it'll be a lot easier for him if he's near a major airport with direct links to Cyprus (i.e., not Inverness).

I'd say that sounds very, very implausible tbh but maybe I'm a cynic.

I'd imagine he's getting a lot more money and wanted out of his contract quickly.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

A couple of years ago, Farid El Alagui left us for Asia. He ended up in Ayrshire instead, playing for league rivals. Footballers aren’t the most honest of people, it seems.

With his accent it's entirely possible it was just a simple misunderstanding. Asia and Ayrshire could easily be mixed up.

McCall the snake

Anyway, what are we thinking for tomorrow in terms of line up? Anderson is seemingly a week or two away due to injury but will Blair feature?

With Longridge, Ryan and Durnan and Martin still injured there's little scope for changes. Most likely it will be same starting XI as Morton, although he could change things up front. Smith and El Bak is a very powderpuff pairing, so he might bring in Hippolyte or even the much hated Muirhead. Can't see any changes in midfield unless he fancies giving Connolly a shot out left, but folk may implode with anger if that happens. Who knows, he might chuck Blair in?

McManus, Spence and Armstrong with the goals in another 1-3 result. No idea who'll score for us. Maybe even County will do it for us again.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, what are we thinking for tomorrow in terms of line up? Anderson is seemingly a week or two away due to injury but will Blair feature?

With Longridge, Ryan and Durnan and Martin still injured there's little scope for changes. Most likely it will be same starting XI as Morton, although he could change things up front. Smith and El Bak is a very powderpuff pairing, so he might bring in Hippolyte or even the much hated Muirhead. Can't see any changes in midfield unless he fancies giving Connolly a shot out left, but folk may implode with anger if that happens. Who knows, he might chuck Blair in?

McManus, Spence and Armstrong with the goals in another 1-3 result. No idea who'll score for us. Maybe even County will do it for us again.

4312 I'd imagine, Blair won't start yet but will come in from the bench. 

Personally I'd change both the strikers, Hyppo and Muirhead upfront please. 

22 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Reckon we might actually get a result here. No reasoning other that we can’t keep playing well and not scoring.

Hippo and Muirhead would be more powerful but reckon it will be Fais and Hippo. Smith is a sub at best.

Wait, what?!

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Highly doubt the game will be on. Someone sent me a picture of the pitch, taken from Higginbotham’s Instagram.IMG_5807.jpg

After making every effort to get the pitch playable the game will be called either due to the police saying it's too icy around the ground or because of mist.

38 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Reckon we might actually get a result here. No reasoning other that we can’t keep playing well and not scoring.

Didn't happen.

Reckon the game will be on tbh, USH has been on and unless major change in weather the game won't be in doubt. Hopefully the club do an early check since the Ross Co fans will be leaving early doors.

Didn't happen.
Reckon the game will be on tbh, USH has been on and unless major change in weather the game won't be in doubt. Hopefully the club do an early check since the Ross Co fans will be leaving early doors.
Hopefully all 3 of them are in the same car.

Archived