Falkirk v Queens

Why should the first yellow though require a number of fouls and yet the second only one? Id have rather he had been booked earlier and then given a bit of leeway instead of the way the ref acted. The second yellow is the one that sees u off so id rather refs gave players more leniency with that one.  A decent ref like the ones we used to have wouldve spoken to him and made him very aware he was walking on thin ive.
I think that the referee having already spoken to him, & waved a yellow card in his face, was warning enough that he was on thin ice.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The main thing for me is that the ref treats each team equally.  Quiet word in the ear and lets get on with it. Lets try our utmost to keep it 11 v 11 and save the red cards for leg breakers or serious foul play. Yeah if he does it again after youve told him its his last warning then sure send him off. 
Why should the first yellow though require a number of fouls and yet the second only one? Id have rather he had been booked earlier and then given a bit of leeway instead of the way the ref acted. The second yellow is the one that sees u off so id rather refs gave players more leniency with that one.  A decent ref like the ones we used to have wouldve spoken to him and made him very aware he was walking on thin ive.
The ref was extremely lenient with him given he could have walked in the first half and had no complaints. How are you failing to process the fact the ref let him off with at least two incidents in the first half that fully warranted a yellow?

28 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

What was the starting shape, I'm guessing 442 diamond with DKD playing off Petra and Rudden?

For the first 25/30 mins then DKD played right and Petra left but interchanged between this until the red.

Great  to see Petra scoring, the criticism he's had off our support on here has been ridiculously over the top. 3-0 flattered us, sending off was correct. Compare yesterday with the first game at home to queens and you can see how much our team has improved, hopefully we can keep it going and stay up. 

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The ref was extremely lenient with him given he could have walked in the first half and had no complaints. How are you failing to process the fact the ref let him off with at least two incidents in the first half that fully warranted a yellow?

The ref did what a lot of our refs do, keep the yellow card in their pocket then go on a mad rampage booking everyone for challenges he let go previously.

I'm surprised he didn't have a word with Burgoyne regarding time wasting or at least hold the watch up to indicate time is being added.

I don't think either team can have any main gripes about the refs display yesterday

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Im not argueing with the fact that in the modern day game the ref was unfortunately within his rights to yellow card and then send him off. Im also not simply talking about this one instance in this game. Im just lamenting the fact that its too easy to get yellow cards and therefore too easy to see red these days. Even in the first half the yellow card instances were innocuous at best and perhaps it wouldve been far better in this case if the ref had carded him earlier and then he wouldve realised the ref wasnt going to let anything go and perhaps wouldnt have received a second booking.  I just preferred it in the old days when refs would give u a decent amount of leeway before booking you and then even more leeway before sending you off. Noone really wants to see players sent off for no a lot . Happened for us a few weeks back with harkins although you could argue that he had one awful tackle before he even get booked so at least he did something to merit a yellow. Still was an soft tackle that finally saw him seeing red too. Just my opinion i preferred it when we did everything to keep 11  v 11 and red cards were the ultimate sanction as they are  in the likes of egg chasing.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The main thing for me is that the ref treats each team equally.  Quiet word in the ear and lets get on with it. Lets try our utmost to keep it 11 v 11 and save the red cards for leg breakers or serious foul play. Yeah if he does it again after youve told him its his last warning then sure send him off. 

The ref already had a word in the ear in the first half when he blatantly pulled back Jacobs for what should have been a booking, he can't expect to get away with it twice.

I was in the section next to the Queens fans, and I hope that wee scrote with the drum has a difficult puberty that sees every sheep in Dumfriesshire turn him down, and from our angle the second yellow was a lot more blatant from the "front" angle as opposed to the "rear" angle on the highlights,

As soon as the ref blew everyone around me knew he was going off, it was blatant and he deserved to go.

23 minutes ago, drs said:

I was in the section next to the Queens fans, and I hope that wee scrote with the drum has a difficult puberty that sees every sheep in Dumfriesshire turn him down, and from our angle the second yellow was a lot more blatant from the "front" angle as opposed to the "rear" angle on the highlights,

As soon as the ref blew everyone around me knew he was going off, it was blatant and he deserved to go.

Another thing i cant stand about modern football. Feckin drums. If u want drums feck off to some other sport like ice hockey or basketball. 

You weren't one of the muppets who spent more time getting a hard on that Dobbie hadn't scored than actually supporting your side's rare win were you? [emoji38]

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You weren't one of the muppets who spent more time getting a hard on that Dobbie hadn't scored than actually supporting your side's rare win were you? emoji38.png

I didn't even know Dobbie was playing! ;)

But aye there are some feckin roasters in the main stand, there was a group of about 8 or 9 sat right next to the Queens fans who were slagging off everything Falkirk did, even at 3 nothing. 

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 hours ago, Frankie S said:
Queens continue their Jekyll and Hyde season, either brilliant or rubbish, with not much in between. Thought it couldn’t get much worse than Partick last Saturday. I was wrong. 
Falkirk were much improved from the last game at the Falkirk stadium, and McShane had a good game for them, but the Queens defence was absolutely woeful. Two inexcusable free headers for the first two goals, with the parting of the Red Sea for the third, our central defence looked vulnerable all match. Some of the individual errors were almost comical. Maguire gave the ball away with a careless pass that almost cost us a goal in the first half, just as a similar mistake almost cost us at Thistle. There was a moment when Jordan Marshall managed to dispossess himself while cantering up the left flank in acres of space, and Fordyce had several moments that won’t make his season’s highlights reel. Alan Martin managed to utterly fluff his lines when rushing out for the ball in the second half, the defender (Fordyce?) getting in his way, with no communication between them, but he recovered to make an unlikely save.
We weren’t great in midfield either. Wilson is a big unit, but looked a bit lost for most of the first half, though he did better in the second. Aird’s final ball was invariably poor, hope he was just having an off day. He did have one good interchange with Dobbie, coming into the box from the left flank, but spooned the ball into orbit when well placed to score. Jacobs did ok, but had a few shots in the second half that were nosebleed stuff - either ballooning it way over the bar when well placed or trundling his effort ineffectually past the post. Dykes looked strangely disengaged for much of the game I thought, not really getting up with play when we were attacking or making much of an impression in a deeper role. Dobbie looked in the mood at the start with a snap shot from the edge of the box nearly catching out the Falkirk keeper, and he should have done better with a clear sight of goal in the second, though the keeper made a decent save. Other than that, we rarely looked like scoring.
I think I need to stop going for a while. Was at Partick where we were dreadful, then missed the Dundee replay where we were by all acoounts excellent, and back today for what must be the worst display of the season (or certainly up there with Alloa away and East Fife away, both of which I saw too). No idea what to expect when Queens take to the park. Inspired or atrocious seem to be our default settings.

Didn't think Aird's balls were bad, there was never anyone making an attempt to get on the end of them. It wasn't unique to him. In the second half Marshall did well to get by two players and somehow sneak a cross in before the ball went out. One man in the box for us. At 3-0 Dobbie put a ball in and I counted 6 Falkirk jerseys with no QoS one in sight. There were numerous crosses from us today where there were no QoS players to be seen.

It might be that it takes Aird a bit of time to get up to speed with Queens’ attacking players general reluctance to get into the box.  Dobbie, Dykes etc often seem to prefer to hang back at the edge of the box than charge towards the six yard box, so a cut back would normally be more effective than a whipped cross just in front of the keeper. Nonetheless Aird was often far too close to the keeper with his crosses, too often harmlessly floated up towards him rather than whipped in low, with no attacker in sight.

It was similar against Dundee away when Todd repeatedly broke away down the left flank with (generally) little support in evidence. I’m not sure if Dykes has been instructed to sit deep, but I’m surprised he doesn’t gamble and get into the box more often when we’re on the counter. He’s got the pace and strength to do more damage in the box than he does.

Felt Todd,  as much as Low, was a big miss yesterday.

I didn't even know Dobbie was playing! [emoji6]
But aye there are some feckin roasters in the main stand, there was a group of about 8 or 9 sat right next to the Queens fans who were slagging off everything Falkirk did, even at 3 nothing. 
I wonder if it's the group I'm referring to. Some highlights from them included an older guy going absolutely apeshit with the lino for not giving an offside decision when Dobbie was about half a yard on side. One of them being shouting at the group of lads down the front for singing songs at the stand behind the goal: he was raging they were singing songs to a bunch of schoolkids. The group of boys in our support were quite clearly schoolboys themselves. And two of them giving Dobbie absolute pelters about how he is a shite player. This happens within every support when a good player doesn't perform again them but these two were veins in the neck raging. No hint of sarcasm in what they were saying, they truly believed it [emoji38]
It might be that it takes Aird a bit of time to get up to speed with Queens’ attacking players general reluctance to get into the box.  Dobbie, Dykes etc often seem to prefer to hang back at the edge of the box than charge towards the six yard box, so a cut back would normally be more effective than a whipped cross just in front of the keeper. Nonetheless Aird was often far too close to the keeper with his crosses, too often harmlessly floated up towards him rather than whipped in low, with no attacker in sight.
It was similar against Dundee away when Todd repeatedly broke away down the left flank with (generally) little support in evidence. I’m not sure if Dykes has been instructed to sit deep, but I’m surprised he doesn’t gamble and get into the box more often when we’re on the counter. He’s got the pace and strength to do more damage in the box than he does.
Felt Todd,  as much as Low, was a big miss yesterday.
I reckon Dykes was just having an off day rather than following instructions. After hearing what GN had to say about players not being in positions they normally are. I think if Dykes starts to read Aird's crosses we could see some success. Floating balls are normally shite but if Dykes gets in front of the 'keeper then I'm hopeful it'll pay off for us. I thought Aird's corners were even good but no one ever seemed to 'gamble' at the front post.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder if it's the group I'm referring to. Some highlights from them included an older guy going absolutely apeshit with the lino for not giving an offside decision when Dobbie was about half a yard on side. One of them being shouting at the group of lads down the front for singing songs at the stand behind the goal: he was raging they were singing songs to a bunch of schoolkids. The group of boys in our support were quite clearly schoolboys themselves. And two of them giving Dobbie absolute pelters about how he is a shite player. This happens within every support when a good player doesn't perform again them but these two were veins in the neck raging. No hint of sarcasm in what they were saying, they truly believed it emoji38.png

Better that than you sitting greeting into your XXL QoS top with Dobbie on the back thinking about your three hour trip back to the farm after getting horsed, imo.

Better that than you sitting greeting into your XXL QoS top with Dobbie on the back thinking about your three hour trip back to the farm after getting horsed, imo.
3 hours? Are you still travelling by horse?

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Much as I hate to appear on the same wavelength as YerDa'dwell Dog here, drummers are fucking shite.

I'm a grumpy old bassard and I hate drums,  and rattle wavers.  Sing along as loudly and as much as you like and shout (acceptable)  abuse at the players but feck off with these things.  The drummer at Livingston used to be  particularly irritating.  After yesterday I never want to hear feckin "Amarillo"  for a while either. 

Yesterday's game didn't seem like a typical Falkirk - QoS game without Muirhead there to shout at. I can save it 'til we play Ayr again. 

14 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I remember QOS fans on the last game of a season sitting in the North Stand and singing I had a wheelbarrow the wheels they were round for 90 mins without stopping. Drum accompanied it. I still have nightmares about it!

I can remember that too. The season we won the league, they just didn't shut up for the whole game even when we scored, great support

Archived