Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

And they were all in the second half. There were at least 2 fouls that were the definition of "stopping a promising attack" in the first half, and should have been worthy of cautions.

We watched 2 fouls on the edge from your defence at Corners that were penalties if spotted.

Sometimes you get decisions and sometimes you don't.

Don't be like Morton and be all whiney bitches about football

We watched 2 fouls on the edge from your defence at Corners that were penalties if spotted.
It wasn't DHD who was doing the moaning.

3-0 is well beaten. A sore one,  but these things happen. 

Falkirk appear to be turning things around again, so fair play to them.

Much like every other team in the league it is the lack of consistency that is letting us down at the moment.

That said,  I think we strengthened the squad in the window and while it might not have been the case today, I think we will go on a run of wins soon enough.

After the shocking start of the season and the horrible mess Hartley left us with today was very sweet indeed. To see a team that can play attractive football and score goals is refreshing. Still bottom of the pile but lots of teams are getting drawn into the relegation zone. Should be an interesting few months

29 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm not whining, I said in my original post I quite like it as a tactic, but the referee should have probably produced a card for one of them at least.

Falkirk deserved their win today, we deserved to get beat.

I'll need to watch the highlights to see for sure but it didn't look like DVD 'kicked the ball away' for the 1st booking. Looked as if he kicked it about 5 yards as many players do under those circumstances. Thought the ref wanted to produce a yellow for just about every foul in the 2nd half.

After the shocking start of the season and the horrible mess Hartley left us with today was very sweet indeed. To see a team that can play attractive football and score goals is refreshing. Still bottom of the pile but lots of teams are getting drawn into the relegation zone. Should be an interesting few months

Whilst the result was great I am not sure I would call it attractive. Pretty much still sitting in an hitting on the break, granted we do look better at it now.

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Whilst the result was great I am not sure I would call it attractive. Pretty much still sitting in an hitting on the break, granted we do look better at it now.

Aye, I think you're right, it wasn't very attractive. The point for me though is that it looked like we're not too far away from being exactly that. 

Loads of positives to take I thought.

I must say I was, for the most part impressed with the new look defence. Goalkeeper alone will play a huge part in our survival. Guy looks as good as we've had in the last decade. I watched on Falkirk TV as I'm working away and the referee was correct to send the lad off. In fact, he actually had a good game. Replays showed he got the penalty shout correct and the lad was lucky not to be booked for simulation in the first half so those who say the ref had a bad game are plain wrong. He only had himself to blame for being sent off. 

I must say I was, for the most part impressed with the new look defence. Goalkeeper alone will play a huge part in our survival. Guy looks as good as we've had in the last decade. I watched on Falkirk TV as I'm working away and the referee was correct to send the lad off. In fact, he actually had a good game. Replays showed he got the penalty shout correct and the lad was lucky not to be booked for simulation in the first half so those who say the ref had a bad game are plain wrong. He only had himself to blame for being sent off. 

He was inconsistent as f**k imo.
My criticism is not specifically the sending off, but he was too quick to reach for the yellow in a game that was for the most part, quite passive.
Awful performance.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume you missed the 3 yellow card incidents before his first yellow? The only shocking thing about him being sent off was that it took so long for the ref to do it.

Really? Aird took players on, I can't recall Murray ever doing that. He's a considerable upgrade on him and actually had a decent game. Unfortunately there was never anyone on the end of his decent crosses. A couple of chances had as well. Hopefully he'll start taking them with match sharpness.

Falkirk thoroughly deserved their win even if the scoreline flattered them. Crosses once again our downfall. No idea how the ref perceived the foul on Stirling as a Falkirk free-kick. At 2-0 it was over.

Dykes was poor today and it shows how good he is for us that we were poorer overall going forward because of it. I thought Aird, Stirling and Dobbie all had decent games but just never clicked together with Dykes missing. I noticed he was very deep today even when we were attacking and needed height in the box. Tactical or he was knackered?

Maguire was shaky in the first half but better in the second. There weren't any really shocking performances which makes it all the more frustrating. Falkirk just sat in and it worked for them as we couldn't cut them open.

I thought when Falkirk went down to 10 GN might have gambled and put McGrath on. I found it strange it was Murray who came on.

We really need Low back. We're such a better side with him in there. Not angry tonight, just frustrated. 9 points taken off us from Thistle and Falkirk is hard to take when the top two have struggled to put a glove on us.

Must do better against Aberdeen.

I thought Dykes and Stirling were your two best players easily today.

It was quite refreshing to see other players besides Rudden getting in amongst the goals today. Since he came in we've been hugely reliant on him and if we're going to get out of trouble we need others to keep finding the net, takes a bit of pressure off such a young lad as well 

This league is fucked up. Would never pick any game on a coupon. Form and stats mean f**k all. Anyone can beat anyone. We are just fashionably late to realising this on the park. That, and the fact McKinnon has half a clue about football and managed to empty 15 of the 17 Hartley brought in before February. Crazy. 

48 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

I thought Dykes and Stirling were your two best players easily today.

Dykes did a lot of good work as he regularly does but he was generally way to deep for it to hurt Falkirk. Stirling our MOM for me. I also thought Marshall did well going forward 2nd half.

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Dykes did a lot of good work as he regularly does but he was generally way to deep for it to hurt Falkirk. Stirling our MOM for me. I also thought Marshall did well going forward 2nd half.

So, what's the score  with Dykes then?  Thought he was meant to be your 2nd most potent attacker yet seemed to adopt a very withdrawn left midfield role  for the most part.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So, what's the score  with Dykes then?  Thought he was meant to be your 2nd most potent attacker yet seemed to adopt a very withdrawn left midfield role  for the most part.

He is a very important player for us and is involved in many of our goals. He`s not a goalscorer though. A number of managers this season have described him as being "unplayable".  I thought Falkirk handled him and Dobbie really well today. Dykes ended up playing very deep I would think to get some space given that Falkirk defensively kept their shape really well today.  Falkirk gave a really disciplined performance  and we really missed 2 crucial players (Todd and Low).  Sadly when Falkirk went down to 10 men we lost a really poor goal at a time when a goal for us would inevitably have caused significant angst in the Falkirk players and fans. Well deserved 3 points for Falkirk though. It`s a crazy league and in all honesty we still have an eye on the play offs at both ends of the division.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Qos are a decent team and altho beaten today still decent and one of the better teams in the league as far I am concerned

The reality is the league this season is not down to who you are, more down to what you can do and for a large spell of it we werent part of the do

The scoreline flattered us today but who gives a fuk

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Dykes is a big shitebag, the drop ball on the edge of our box showed how much a shitebag he is

Ps I think he is decent, just needs to man up and show it

Archived