Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take everything I said back about Dixon. Been superb since he signed.
Although its rare, I suppose Dixon makes the case for not judging right off the bat. I didnt expect to be impressed by him either.

Maybe in a promotion push we wouldnt be, but we needed the ship steadied and he seems to be perfect for that.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Better side won. We werent really at the races today. Dobbie worried the keeper from long distance early on but nobody was near enough for the rebound. He should have scored near the end but caught it too well and Burgoyne made a terrific save. In between though, although we had lots of possession we did little with it. Aird should have done better with a couple of 1st half efforts.

Cant believe some Falkirk fans are having a go at the ref for Keillor-Davis' sending off. They should be having a go at their player. Utterly stupid. He should have been booked first half and could have no complaint when he eventually was booked. To then haul Maguire back right in front of the ref 2 mins later when you are already 2-0 up is utter madness.

How did the new signings  play ?.

Very poor result still if I had to choose what game to win today or the Dundee Cup game  then it would be the Cup game 

Can see why Dykes is off to Livi, more of a threat to us then dobbie 
Pleasing to see it count for absolutely f**k all today.

I am obviously overstimulated here, probably out of frustration that I wasnt there, simce I just had to delete a really cringy wee section which shoehorned player names into it... Edge, Dunn etc. Ye ken the sort.

Minter narrowly avoided [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

37 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Good result for AFC Grangemouth.

Terrible result and performance from us.

all about being more potent, Id guess Burgoyne the busier keeper and checking stats below backs that up.

I thought Queens played well, always had a pass on but werent clinical in the final third

28 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Well that was excellent. Queens could have played until Monday and not scored. The doppelgänger pretending to be Dobbie can let the real one return now. Ref was unbelievably bad. The first wasn’t a yellow and the second was harsh. Excellent win though, signings looked good.

kicking the ball away 90% of the time is a yellow

Well that was surprising, the defence looked solid enough with Dixon class at left back, the edge seemed solid enough when the ball was in the air with the only panic when he had time or thought he had time.

The mid worked well, thot Osman had his best game yet, Paton played well too(yes I said that) McShane was a bit quieter than normal tho provided set play and DKD played well bar his stupidity.

The front two worked well, Petra still clueless when he has to think but cant fault his workrate.

I guess I aint the only one coming out the ground thinking 4pts behind the fifers

qos.png

Stupid from Keillor-Dunn but McKinnon has to read that better, was obviously tiring and he should of been hooked immediately after the first booking. He’s going to be a big player in the remaining games.

Tbf he did have Waddington ready to come on him before the second booking. There was like 40 seconds in between them so he really couldn’t do anything about it.

Ref useless as usual, Rudden had to be subbed before the clown sent him off. Couldn’t get the cards out his pocket quick enough. Week after week we get incompetent officials. They want players to respect them, they need to start by doing their job properly.

Best we've played in a year & a half. Good shape, even after going down to 10 men, & should be the foundation of the side for the rest of the season.

It's a system that's worked & should be built upon with the core of that 11 barring injuries/suspension.

Big improvement from Osman in the middle, but the 3, giving us a bit of threat, up front worked well.

Decent performance, 3 points, shut out & a positive outlook going into next weeks El Plastico.

Best performance of the season by a mile.

Didn't think QoTS created much at all and we completely deserved the win.

Agreed about DKD's sending off being daft, those challenges are yellows all day. No complaints at all. It's a shame he'll miss next week as I thought he was our best player.

Thought everyone played well, Osman looked a lot sharper and the 2 forwards worked incredibly hard throughout.

Once the Edge stopped the short passes he strolled through the game and the keeper was excellent throughout.

Great to finally win at home and we're now in a 4 team relegation battle. Next week is huge, another win will take us off the bottom and hopefully we dont look back.

Well, that was shit. 2 goals from crosses and one where we let a boy run and run and run unchallenged.

I've been to 5 of our last 8 games, the difference in our midfield with and without Nicky Low is huge. If he stays fit we'll make the playoffs, if not we might end up in them at the other end.

Only positive I can take is that everyone else around us also lost, top 3 and bottom 2 all won.

Fantastic and deserved win today. For all the possession Queens had they done absolutely nothing with it and we defended brilliantly. Restricted Dobbie to a long range strike in the first half and then his best chance of the game in the second (big handball should about it though) Burgoyne pulled off a great save.

Ray got it absolutely spot on tactic wise today. First half looked like we were playing a narrow 4-4-2 diamond and the second more 4-3-3. Back 4 all played well and like I said there was never a point in the game where you thought we looked like conceding.

First goal came from a great ball into the box from Dixon and was some header from DKD just glancing it into the far corner. Another quality ball into the box from McShane for the second and was the first time in the game that Dykes didn’t win the header and big Willie powered it in. The 3rd came from a great Jordan McGhee run forward and Petra took it really well. Delighted for him to get a goal and hopefully that will help his confidence and get some people of his back.

Felt the red card for DKD was harsh albeit he was stupid. Can’t complain about his first yellow as needless as it was then to make a foul less than a minute later was stupid from him the ref really didn’t need to book him again for it. Also thought he missed a good penalty shout in the second half with Wilson completely hauling the Edge down in the box from a free-kick.

What impressed me about Edge was his movement at corners, actively looking to get on the ball and score. Makes a change from lumping it at a group of players and hoping it bounces off one into the net.

Why will DKD be out next week? It was only two yellows, not a straight red for violent conduct.

Archived