Falkirk v Queens

Right, cosy jumper, jacket and gloves time. Here we go.  Agree that it doesn’t look like an adventurous line up at all. Wonder what the possession and shots  stats will look like today?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Four centre backs, three plodders in midfield and the dumpling Petravicius up front. Defensive shite. We will lose meekly today. 
I fear this to be correct. Paton and Osman in the same team at the expense of Waddington is fucking dross. At home in one of the rapidly disappearing winnable fixtures. Petravicius can work with Rudden but would have preffered Todorov as part of an actual 2.

This will just end up with Rudden isolated and the ball constantly coming back at us.

Home team.... One up top, Osman and Paton starting.

Thank f**k I am at soft play tbh.

Pretty sure it will be 4-1-2-1-2 with Petra and Rudden up top, that's the formation we played in the last 15 mins against ICT last week.

Burgoyne

Mghee McKenna Edge Dixon

Osman

Paton          Mcshane

DKD

Petra    Rudden

22 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

442 then
Burg
McGhee edge McKenna Dixon
Osman Paton McShane DKD
Demi Zak

I'm betting the diamond four with Osman low point(not slagging him) and DKD high point, McShane left and Paton right

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Only 5 subs for queens . Just as well they got a couple of bodies in .

Yeah, even with the new players, we have a realistic squad of 20, including the reserve goalie and a kid who hasn’t played in the first team. Got 4 players out injured atm, 3 of whom would be first choice - Doyle, Low and Todd. So only 16 available today. 

on paper disappointed with this starting 11. seems fairly defensive and negative. would have started Paton and dropped osman. what's the issue with Robson? still playing rudden without new strikers? defensive in open play looked decent last week. edge and McKenna v dobbie hmmmm. Dixon should have been in there.

another thing I hope we've cottoned on to dobbie receiving short throws in from 35 yards out then getting a shot away. happened two or three times last game scored one and nearly another. needs tighter marked this time

fingers crossed.

Good to see Roma have turned up instead of Queens 

Well this has been poor. McKinnon has got this spot on so far. It's reminiscent of how we've been playing: sit in as a unit and hit on the break.

No surprise the goal has come via a cross and Falkirk's only threat has come from crosses as well. We've offered little going forward as we are struggling to break through.

Dykes is showing how big a player he is for us. He's not at the races so far and we don't look up to much going forward. Safe to say the two things are linked. We effectively have two DM in the middle which just isn't working. Wilson looks really off the pace just now and Jacobs is doing all the work in there. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hooked after an hour if it's still not working.

No idea how No. 10 or 23 haven't been booked yet.

I'm hopeful as we haven't played well so far and are still in the game. We really need to up the pace in the 2nd half though. Far too laboured.

Midfield 3 doing their job so far. Osman looks much sharper than previous weeks.

DKD has that creativity we've missed in the team for a long while.

The Edge passing the ball is going to be a terrifying experience.

So far so good but with Dobbie in the opposition we probably will need to score again.

Archived