Falkirk v Queens

I've got the fear, the whole stadium giving Dobbie the standing ovation after ragdolling us (again) was nice but also completely brutal. I thought we gave away a lot of possession and free kicks close to our box last week that would give Dobbie ample opportunity if we repeat it. 
New striker in  and DKD starting would make me feel a lot more comfortable.
If DKD doesnt start this week I am going to be a bit seething. As far as real quality goes hes the standout signing so far. We need to win games so we need to play potential gamewinners. He is the one in our current squad. I dont give a f**k if we have to carry him defensively. Its likely we have to outscore Dobbie to win this, and since he will play right on top of the defence, an Osman or Paton at the expense of DKD will do f**k all to stop him.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re a bit injury prone at the minute, not sure who’ll play CB, I’d go:

Martin

Mercer
Maguire
Doyle/Fordyce (don’t risk them both)
Marshall

Stirling
Jacobs
Wilson
Aird

Dykes
Dobbie

Don’t want to risk Low or both of Doyle and Fordyce, although one of the two will probably have to be. Hopefully Todd is fit for Dons

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I've got the fear, the whole stadium giving Dobbie the standing ovation after ragdolling us (again) was nice but also completely brutal. I thought we gave away a lot of possession and free kicks close to our box last week that would give Dobbie ample opportunity if we repeat it. 

New striker in  and DKD starting would make me feel a lot more comfortable.

Notice we gave a lot of free kicks away around the box last week.

On 30/01/2019 at 13:55, 19QOS19 said:

With our system I expect Falkirk will have the bulk of possession on Saturday. The same scoreline would be wonderful though.

Dobbie 10/1 for a hat-trick. Utterly ridiculous odds. The bookies eventually showing the division respect after they'd have taken a hammering the first season he was back.

17/1 with Betfair. Only taking small stakes though, maximum bet £2.90

3 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

We’re a bit injury prone at the minute, not sure who’ll play CB, I’d go:

Martin

Mercer
Maguire
Doyle/Fordyce (don’t risk them both)
Marshall

Stirling
Jacobs
Wilson
Aird

Dykes
Dobbie

Don’t want to risk Low or both of Doyle and Fordyce, although one of the two will probably have to be. Hopefully Todd is fit for Dons

Heard Todd speak on Radio last night doesn't sound like he will be back for 2/3 weeks. 

Our starting eleven from the previous two meetings this season. Of that lot, tomorrow will probably feature only McGhee, Paton and Rudden in the starting line up. Even then, Paton is by no means a certainty.

Dallison, Muirhead, Bauben, Sammut, Haber, Lewis, Harrison, TOE, Irving, Russell all gone.

1C6A7032-6B24-4917-9F80-8A6E559AA9E8.thumb.jpeg.3deb28f3750309d267ca5fb74f74cd30.jpeg

AFCBDCFE-86DF-4013-9DED-6CC5586AF899.jpeg

Bringing in Todorov and Jarvis to me screams that he wants to move to a pure grafter 4-4-2 shape so I think it will be along the lines of:

Burgoyne

McGhee - McKenna - Edge - Dixon

Petra - Waddington - McShane - Robson

Rudden - Todorov

Subs: Mitchell, Kidd, Brough, Osman, DKD, Lavery, Jarvis

Bringing in Todorov and Jarvis to me screams that he wants to move to a pure grafter 4-4-2 shape so I think it will be along the lines of:

Burgoyne

Rudden - Todorov

Think MacLean will be in there and possibly DKD too. I'm sure Ray mentioned in his interview last week that he wants both to play at the same time

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Burgoyne

Rudden - Todorov

No way MacLean won't be either in the 11 or at least bench unless injured, We won't try to turn Robson into a wide mid either having signed two who can play there. Petra should only be used as a forward where doesn't need to think what he is doing.

I can see us using a 4-4-2 with a narrow diamond or a 3-5-2 if we want to clog the midfield with Burgoyne, McGhee, Dixon, Osman and Rudden for sure starting, DKD in the top of the diamond if a 4-4-2, the rest is down to how many new signings are starting

Looking forward to this tomorrow.  Falkirk have made some decent signings and are clearly improved with McKinnon in charge.  We look to have recruited reasonably too.  Be interesting to see who lines up in central defence for us.  It was clearly a big ask for Fordyce to turn out (and play well) against Dundee when not fully fit. Given his most likely replacement (Doyle) went off   injured then hopefully Fordyce can make this one too.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Looking forward to this tomorrow.  Falkirk have made some decent signings and are clearly improved with McKinnon in charge.  We look to have recruited reasonably too.  Be interesting to see who lines up in central defence for us.  It was clearly a big ask for Fordyce to turn out (and play well) against Dundee when not fully fit. Given his most likely replacement (Doyle) went off   injured then hopefully Fordyce can make this one too.

As you say I'm sure the plan would have been to give Fordyce a rest in this one and play Doyle but that option has gone.  He strolled through Tuesday though so hopefully he will be alright.  Of the two, Low looked to be struggling more against Dundee.  No point in taking any risks with him so perhaps we'll see Wilson in his place.

The rest of the team picks itself and there is no reason we can't carry our good form into this one.  The only nagging feelings are a) this is Queens, b) our recent defeats have come against teams at the bottom of the table and c) this is Queens.

Archived