Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens will help you guys out on Saturday by donating some points to you to keep you up in the Championship. My nightmare scenario is Hamilton getting relegated,  Ross county not getting promoted,  Alloa staying up and Arbroath coming up. The attendances will literally nosedive and make keeping fulltime football at Palmerston a real struggle.

Everything points to a queens win on Saturday so we may have a chance.  They're a funny side though. Best player in the league by a mile but still struggling to get a playoff spot.  Results like last night make you feel they should be doing a whole lot better . We need to win as home draws are no use to us in our current predicament.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Had a look at Transfermrkt it’s showing Dobbie has played 9 games v Falkirk scoring 13 goals and 2 assists.

The most he’s scored against any team.

He's also scored 13 against Clyde.

And 12 against Partick Thistle. (and after last night, 10 against Dundee)

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's also scored 13 against Clyde.

And 12 against Partick Thistle. (and after last night, 10 against Dundee)

I’m guessing Clyde is over his first spell at Queens and cup games but I’m sure all his goals v us have come in his second stint and all in the league.

Everything points to a queens win on Saturday so we may have a chance.  They're a funny side though. Best player in the league by a mile but still struggling to get a playoff spot.  Results like last night make you feel they should be doing a whole lot better . We need to win as home draws are no use to us in our current predicament.
Funny side from the outside, frustrating side from the inside. I think it's fair to say our biggest problem has been drawing games we should maybe have won. We're a difficult side to beat and no side has gave us a hiding this season. Dundee Utd being the closest with a 2-0 win or St Johnstone with 4-2. A two goal gap has been our worst result which is an achievement in itself.

We've lost twice in the last 13 games, playing Dundee twice, Ayr twice, County twice and Inverness twice. Who beat us? Alloa and Partick! Sums up the frustration. And you'll know we aren't bullshitting if we say we're cautious of Saturday's fixture. I expect Falkirk to be better than they were (wouldn't be hard) but Dobbie does live a goal against The Bairns. If we play like yesterday we'll win. Hopefully we have the same squad available.
According to the BBC he's only had two assists in the league which I find really strange given the quality of the guy and the assumption that a lot of the play must be channeled through him. 
Channeled to him tbh. Dykes isn't even on the list of top goalscorers on the BBC site but he has 8 assists in the league. Comfortably better than Dobbie (there's something I thought I'd never say). Dobbie has been leading the line this season whereas it was Dykes last year with Dobbie in behind. It's worked better this season with Dykes's assists being invaluable and Dobbie doing what Dobbie does. Generally Dobbie is in positions to shoot which will reflect in his lack of assists.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Had a look at Transfermrkt it’s showing Dobbie has played 9 games v Falkirk scoring 13 goals and 2 assists.

The most he’s scored against any team.

He could've possibly doubled his stats in the last game, those stat figures are still hard to read and reminds me we went games before even having a shot on target, so progress has been made !!!

qos dobb.png

He could've possibly doubled his stats in the last game, those stat figures are still hard to read and reminds me we went games before even having a shot on target, so progress has been made !!!
5c51a93d98851_qosdobb.png.a5d870d4473d91503081db9ab67ebe7e.png
With our system I expect Falkirk will have the bulk of possession on Saturday. The same scoreline would be wonderful though.

Dobbie 10/1 for a hat-trick. Utterly ridiculous odds. The bookies eventually showing the division respect after they'd have taken a hammering the first season he was back.

Channeled to him tbh. Dykes isn't even on the list of top goalscorers on the BBC site but he has 8 assists in the league. Comfortably better than Dobbie (there's something I thought I'd never say).

Yes well, when you score 60% of your teams goals, it’s not easy to get many assists

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

According to the BBC he's only had two assists in the league which I find really strange given the quality of the guy and the assumption that a lot of the play must be channeled through him. 

He just scores all the goals himself :thumsup2

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

qos dobb.png

Most of our 46% possession came from our keeper taking his time with goal kicks. An absolute reaming.

Archived