Celtic v St Johnstone/ St Johnstone v Celtic

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Romeo said:
12 hours ago, KTID26 said:
Yeah we are in 3rd place, 3points behind your lot. You should change your arrogance for embarrassment that your club has a £50m wage bill and can only get 3 points above a club with a wage bill of under £2m. You and your delusional fans need to realise there a re 4 teams in this race ( actually 3 teams and Sevco ) one will succeed 3 will not, your club could be one of the three. A long shot granted, but strange things happen. Football is cyclical your team will fail eventually and before the much talked about 10 in a row. Arrogance leads to complacency and this trait you guys have in abundance.

Parklife....!!

You've been told before 1 win in 5 attempts. Clearly you cannot debate the points I made and are reduced to what you perceive to be an insult. Grow up sonny.

Interested to see how we set up for this. We seem to play better at Celtic Park against them, and we rarely have two poor performances in a row.

5-0 Celtic.

Brave or stupid but I think I'd go with the following but be asking Watt to come very very deep - almost into the midfield to give us an outball.  The key here is the quick turnover, up into feet and get O'Halloran away. If Mikey isn't fit then Kennedy up top and bring Alston in. 

Clark

Foster Shaughnessey  Kerr Tanser                          

Kennedy  Davidson  Craig  Wotherspoon

Watt     O'Halloran

Would probably result in another 6-0 pumping. 

I'd be fine with the above team but I think O'Halloran looks a bit short of fitness and Wright specifically praised Swanson's contribution on Saturday. I reckon he'll start tonight because he uses the ball well and will hopefully help us get out better than O'Halloran, who's a bit of a headless chicken.

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'd be fine with the above team but I think O'Halloran looks a bit short of fitness and Wright specifically praised Swanson's contribution on Saturday. I reckon he'll start tonight because he uses the ball well and will hopefully help us get out better than O'Halloran, who's a bit of a headless chicken.

A fit Mikey brings the chaos factor which is what you need against Celtic. He has the pace and power to get in behind when they overcommit to the attack. Swanson needs a runner off him which could work with Kennedy but he seems bizarrely off pace the last few games. 

Hoping we don't see Callachan brought in for this game as I have serious question marks over his positional sense and getting caught in front of the ball. 

Clark 

Foster  Kerr  Shaughnessy  Tanser

Craig              Davidson 

MOH              Kennedy       Swanson 

Watt

I know that I am not going to get much agreement with this but I would go 4-1-4- 1 with Craig providing cover in front of the defence(and covering spoony :lol:)With spoony alongside Muzz in the middle to provide some creativity.

Clarke

Foster  Kerr  Shaughnessy  Tanser

Craig

Kennedy Spoony Davidson Swanson 

Watt 

Or Alston on the right and Kennedy left

Ok Crash helmet on fire away 

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Watched the Hearts match on SaintsTV and thought that Swanson finally looked close to the level of performance we've come to expect of him. O'Halloran, on the other hand, doesn't look too sharp yet. 

I've spoken to him and can assure you that he is far from sharp 

Archived