Celtic v St Johnstone/ St Johnstone v Celtic

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Have you’s had a shot yet?

Who cares. League games against Celtic are just a nuisance, only one of the "trilogy" I remotely give a f**k about is the Cup game.

"He's went and palmed it away" [emoji23]

Celtic love an injustice. Now moaning about not getting enough minutes added when they are winning.

Would I be right in saying that Davidson's goal against Livingston was saints last shot on target?

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

"He's went and palmed it away" emoji23.png

Celtic love an injustice. Now moaning about not getting enough minutes added when they are winning.

Would I be right in saying that Davidson's goal against Livingston was saints last shot on target?

Davidson shouldn't have seen out the game, there's a other injustice for you...

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

We’ve only had one shot in the last two games. It would be nice if the players would come back from their winter break now. 

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

You’re probably right. Last shot that actually reached the goal possibly? Think the one v hearts and tonight were blocked by defenders.

Probably our least creative period all season. When we got pumped at Ibrox and the 2-1 defeat at tynecastle in September, we still created quite a few good chances. Even in the 0-6 v Celtic we had a couple of chances earlier on.

Probably won’t be much different on Sunday.

Just a dry spell in terms of creating chances, hopefully we turn it round quickly.

First half was fine, really good shape and only the one clear chance which forced Clark into what looked a very good save.

Knew Rodgers would tweak something at half-time and straight away could see McGregor dropping deeper and Sinclair and Forest tightening up. Game was over after 55 minutes.

Whether we'd have had a bit more fight about us if it had stayed 1-0 for longer we'll never know but Celtic are relentless when the opposition have the ball, they don't give you a second. Still disappointed with what we offered in attack though.

Lights show was decent if the music a bit loud. It's not a nightclub.

It would have been nice to pose more of an attacking threat, but I think the midfield four simply lacked a bit of quality in that regard. With Craig and Davidson in the centre, we were really needing our wingers to push on and support the front two in providing some sort of threat on the counter. Wotherspoon and Alston just aren't capable of producing that type of incisiveness against teams of Celtic's quality. We're in a situation where we can't afford to play the exact same XI on three occasions against Celtic in the space of ten days. It just isn't feasible, so I understand Tommy's changes. It also means that we can hopefully spring a few surprises on Sunday and maybe catch Celtic off-guard. I do feel that the cup match is the most important one, but it would be  pleasing to see us show a bit more ambition in the upcoming home game as well.

When do we get to do a pitch invasion??

You must 1st experience cognitive dissonance, once your beliefs are proven to be wrong, with evidence that contradicts those beliefs, you will find a way to resolve the contradiction and reduce your discomfort, in the **** case through pitch invasions. It’s all very very complicated and confusing.

Archived