Leafa

Sandysafc

2 hours ago, Sa2109 said:

We shat the bed ffs you guys wouldn’t even let us have a park get on with it

What difference does playing on little kerse make to playing on any other decent astro, not that far away? If you're that good a team as you claim to be, surely you can play on any them and would fight to try and win the league? Got to agree with others, seem have taken the easy way out here and disappeared cause things aren't going the way you wanted them to and hoped they would. Not as good a standard team as you believe. All well and good winning one offs in the cup, but yous couldn't do it week in/week out against a good standard. 

7 minutes ago, scorer said:

so i can follow this correctly....

CP UTD have folded, 

management and coaches to take over at a junior club( can i ask which one)

CP Utd players going to Sygenta Ams back in the S&D league......

have i got this all correct so far?????

It’s been an interesting read today! From what I can gather, Sygenta have a junior team and they’ve moved there. 

so i can follow this correctly....

CP UTD have folded, 

management and coaches to take over at a junior club( can i ask which one)

CP Utd players going to Sygenta Ams back in the S&D league......

have i got this all correct so far?????

No CP Utd folded their management team taking over syngetna juniors.

3 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

It’s been an interesting read today! From what I can gather, Sygenta have a junior team and they’ve moved there. 

cheers,  dinsey.

was getting to the stage where i couldn't understand what was going on in this ha ha ha 

keen follower of leafa posts ,as regards cp united /pennies /syngenta,knowing a few guys from both sides it seems cp united werent getting players willing too travel all over lothians,hence makeshift teams most weeks , whether the style of management will do at syngenta is another matter as i hear there coaches wont be staying on {or will be pushed sideways },,cant see games getting played at best facility in central scotland {little kerse} as syngenta moving there dressing rooms portacabins this week sometime after the fallout with mr barr .

To be fair pennies did have one of the best facilities in Scotland at little kerse so not being aloud to play there Ofcourse made a huge factor just like if sandies didn’t get there home pitch at all anymore it would hinder there advantage aswell. Pennies maybe should of started at the bottom and people would of been a bit more lenient with little kerse. In my opinion without pennies being involved, we shouldn’t have to go away to Dunbar, Pencaitland, Falkirk, Harthill in the first place but unfortunately people let these teams in before so therefore pennies should of been aloud to.

they where never going to win much in Edinburgh anyway I don’t think even tho the league is going to be far less competitive than people thought with CP folding and it looks like atleast 2 more clubs could be following shortly 

28 minutes ago, Cocoleafa said:

To be fair pennies did have one of the best facilities in Scotland at little kerse so not being aloud to play there Ofcourse made a huge factor just like if sandies didn’t get there home pitch at all anymore it would hinder there advantage aswell. Pennies maybe should of started at the bottom and people would of been a bit more lenient with little kerse. In my opinion without pennies being involved, we shouldn’t have to go away to Dunbar, Pencaitland, Falkirk, Harthill in the first place but unfortunately people let these teams in before so therefore pennies should of been aloud to.

they where never going to win much in Edinburgh anyway I don’t think even tho the league is going to be far less competitive than people thought with CP folding and it looks like atleast 2 more clubs could be following shortly 

Good to see someone with a bit sense posting. 100% makes a difference not playing there as we have trained and played there for over 3 years now. We were never going to have home advantage. It technically was going to be a full season of playing away from home. How were we supposed to get a park come the midweek games as the two parks we have been using on a sat Bathgate/lithgae are always fully booked through the week and no chance of getting them. We would be either conceding the ties or having to go to whoever we were playing. We had a perfectly fine park there aswell. The league said we were a new team when it came to this “new rule”  (which only really applies to us) of having to have a park with an EH postcode so why were we not put to the bottom league by the committee?? The rule is “new teams” must start at the bottom? After all We were a new team according to them. There was a leafa game played in Cumbernauld a couple of weeks ago ffs! At the end of the day they have got what they so clearly wanted so we move on and try and make a poor situation better for everyone involved at the club

May i ask why going to dunbar or pencaitland is an issue? You played there so it was good enough then or am i missing your point?

11 minutes ago, The retro star said:

Wow some reading on here lol

Narrowed it down

Cp “sneak” into leafa -league not happy

League take away cp home park -cp not happy

Cp walk away from leafa

Leafa , pissed off ? Happy ?

Ps some bitterness between Fallin and cp lol

Syngenta jnrs(cp) v Fallin friendly pay per view surely lol

We never “sneaked” in. We were approached by craigshill to merge with them Lol hardly sneaking in. Better off talking facts if your going to get involved tbh 

No bitterness from our side against fallin. They just hate us for obvious reasons 

We never “sneaked” in. We were approached by craigshill to merge with them Lol hardly sneaking in. Better off talking facts if your going to get involved tbh 

No bitterness from our side against fallin. They just hate us for obvious reasons 

I put the “ in as that’s the opinions of most on here going by the thread maybe not mines, so that would be fact that it’s most ppls opinions lol

Am i right in saying that the last three winners of the East have folded???

I dont agree with the Fallin comments. I understand there is a dislike between the two clubs but the are still going and in the best amateur league in Scotland. Week in week out the are competing and beating some of the big boys in that Premier. They have soccer schools on the go and def going strong. I have no issues with either Fallin or Pennies (CP) but honestly feel Fallin will be spoken about for the East. People may not like that but it could be a reality.

As far as CP folding. When they were Pennies they stayed in the S&D to long. By the time they won the top league all the best teams had moved on. Thats not taking anything away from their achievements before someone says it. They had a very good squad but had the league won before a ball was kicked due to the lack of serious competition.

It will be a good watch to see how this one pans out!!

4 minutes ago, Gaf said:

Am i right in saying that the last three winners of the East have folded???

I dont agree with the Fallin comments. I understand there is a dislike between the two clubs but the are still going and in the best amateur league in Scotland. Week in week out the are competing and beating some of the big boys in that Premier. They have soccer schools on the go and def going strong. I have no issues with either Fallin or Pennies (CP) but honestly feel Fallin will be spoken about for the East. People may not like that but it could be a reality.

As far as CP folding. When they were Pennies they stayed in the S&D to long. By the time they won the top league all the best teams had moved on. Thats not taking anything away from their achievements before someone says it. They had a very good squad but had the league won before a ball was kicked due to the lack of serious competition.

It will be a good watch to see how this one pans out!!

Last 4 now! Craigshill, Salvie, us and Pennies.