Leafa

Sandysafc

I think the better teams involved through all leagues in the association will only make the amatuer game stronger, which, imo is dying! Personally I'd relish the opportunity to take on the East winners at their own patch. I dont see any clubs reasoning in rejecting that idea.

All the best to all clubs starting next week. Always looked forward to this stage of the season.

Sandy's will be fine.

Hendersondelivers needs his head looked at.

I think the better teams involved through all leagues in the association will only make the amatuer game stronger, which, imo is dying! Personally I'd relish the opportunity to take on the East winners at their own patch. I dont see any clubs reasoning in rejecting that idea.
All the best to all clubs starting next week. Always looked forward to this stage of the season.
Sandy's will be fine.

Disagree amateur game is dying. Hundreds of amateur teams suggest otherwise. I know we are going through a period where teams are folding more than usual but to say its dying is over the top imho

32 minutes ago, Thekeeper said:

any results from weekend games worth speaking about or any more good singings.tollcross good win against sandys will be the team to beat this year in the prem where will cp play now after the vote 

A lot of people say tollcross will be the team to beat every year. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the Logan the only decent competition they have won the last 3 years? A lot of people go on about Sandy's and their frailties but if anyone has a point to prove over a season it is most definitely Tollcross

55 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Disagree amateur game is dying. Hundreds of amateur teams suggest otherwise. I know we are going through a period where teams are folding more than usual but to say its dying is over the top imho

The reason I believe it is dying is that I see more and more guys who maybe cant commit to the higher levels not bother their arse with the amatuer game. Would rather sit and smoke green with their mates and play fifa. When I played anyone who couldn't commit to east of Scotland or junior as it was dropped into the amatuer with a point to prove. I dont see that anymore

17 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

Sandy's will be fine.

16 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

A lot of people say tollcross will be the team to beat every year. Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the Logan the only decent competition they have won the last 3 years? A lot of people go on about Sandy's and their frailties but if anyone has a point to prove over a season it is most definitely Tollcross

did uz no go aboot all the teams making sure people voted to stop pennys playing at there home patch?what did sandies vote for at the meetin?

uz both need to prove a point uz can only win league and they can only win logan. both havenae won an east like me so until then both are just awright in leafa.

22 hours ago, Telling the truth said:

You don't half speak some nonsense on here at times. You are quite bitter about Tollcross. Any team they are meant to play will beat them according to you. Tollcross won the other night by taking their chances and Sandy's gave a good account of themselves in what was a good game for the neutral. I'm sure both teams will be near the top end of the table come the end of the season amongst another 4 or 5 good teams in the premier.

they are over ratted

19 minutes ago, HendersonDelivers said:

they are over ratted

Assuming you mean overrated? TBF they have won a few trophies over the past couple of seasons so have done ok. This season will be tough for any team to win trophies as there are a number of top teams in premier and then you have the other teams such as Lauriston and Lothian Vale all aiming to win some silverware. 

37 minutes ago, HendersonDelivers said:

did uz no go aboot all the teams making sure people voted to stop pennys playing at there home patch?what did sandies vote for at the meetin?

uz both need to prove a point uz can only win league and they can only win logan. both havenae won an east like me so until then both are just awright in leafa.

Your needing to go back to school fella!! so it’s a conspiracy yous all went together to try and stop us that’s laughable!! Maybe sandys aren’t scared of a bit competition that’s how there not worried about us or fascinated like yourself your not the only one with an east winners medal  where’s your club now ?? 

23 minutes ago, Fraz_1311 said:

Pennies are no longer Stu 

What does the CP part stand for in CP United? Craigshill Pennies I'd assume?  

Think the fact that there has been a name change, players and Committee from Pennies joining with Craigshill and then wanting to use Pennies facilities (including the old Pennies changing rooms at LK) makes it look as if Pennies had been flaunting the rules to get what they wanted (by taking over a team from top division in LEAFA that were about to fold) when other associations didn't appear to want to take them. If the name of Craigshill had been kept with the same facilities then no one would have probably paid much attention.

However, I am not sure what the reason was for association making a change to the rule. Assume it was brought up at meeting. 

I can see how you'd be upset though with venue thing so late in the day but that is how the association works I'm afraid. 

What will CP United do now with regards to home venue? 

5 hours ago, HendersonDelivers said:

I dont know what Sandy's did as I'm no longer involved

what does everybody think the scores  will be in prem.sandys 3 1 tranent danderhall 2 2 meadowbank esv 3 0 clerri pentcaitland 1 5 cp muirieston 2 0 mussellburgh.lothian leagues pick of games edinburgh star 3 0 blackridge ed utd vale 2 1 mill pathhead 1 2 lauriston fernieside 0 6 avu.edinburgh league ormiston 0 5 lothian vale 

Best of luck to each and every team in the association for the season ahead. I hope you all have a good healthy season and have fun guys that’s what it’s all about, the banter and fun.

We are working hard trying to rectify this mess with a park. We notified the committee 6 weeks ago and no one told us until after the vote that we can’t play L K so time will tell how it ends up. I personally find it flattering that teams don’t want to play is on a 4g Park like any other closer than a lot of other parks but hey that’s football. We will be bent but not broken

Good luck lads [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]