Leafa

Sandysafc

Pennies , was a football team , successful in a poor league , on bigger stage , successful in one cup ! A club has long term history , connections to local community ,and a future within that community pennies is none of above! Zegenta , have all that history ! It will be interesting to see how both teams interact, the young guys zegenta have promised the world to , with the pennies amatuer players who where never good enough to play above amatuer level ! 

Not in that league they are all away to it’s absolute dog shit. Be lucky if any of the teams in it would win the ammie league.

Yes..A league that pennies tried and failed to get into..Into that that league via 1st div..Not in back door..And let's face it wasn't only league tried n failed..You hold on to your memories m8 cause fallin will be about long after pennies cp  syngenta have  stopped being pimped out.

Edited by Funmac

I feel a bit sorry for Pennies to be honest. I think a lot of clubs are envy of them wether that be due to their success or any other reason I don’t know but as I’ve said before I see a similarity between them and Sandys as a lot of clubs envy Sandys too. The difference is Sandys have had troubled times but always respond stronger and stronger and that is a quality that should never be taken for granted. It’s sad to see pennies leave the league as they would have made the league stronger but obviously it proved very difficult to continue under the circumstances. All the best to the ammie guys that go juniors 👍🏻

Oh and by the way just to let the other sides in the league know in case they don’t already know this. Sandys don’t give 5 point leads away easily. History shows that

Edited by Sandysafc

Just seen AVU from our league have folded. Won their league last season and folded already after a season. Danderhall also on the brink if they haven’t already, it’s getting harder and harder to keep a team going. 

For me it’s all down to a different generation. I’m only 35 but when I played, everything was about football, my whole week revolved around playing. 

Work patterns are a big part but for me too many young guys would prefer to go on the piss with their mates all weekend and football just now is not as appealing to them as it was years ago. I really fear for the amateur game in Edinburgh over the next few years. 

3 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Just seen AVU from our league have folded. Won their league last season and folded already after a season. Danderhall also on the brink if they haven’t already, it’s getting harder and harder to keep a team going. 

For me it’s all down to a different generation. I’m only 35 but when I played, everything was about football, my whole week revolved around playing. 

Work patterns are a big part but for me too many young guys would prefer to go on the piss with their mates all weekend and football just now is not as appealing to them as it was years ago. I really fear for the amateur game in Edinburgh over the next few years. 

I have to agree. When I played I used to go home after a game on a Saturday wishing for Monday or Wednesday so I could train/play again. Nowadays I get the impression that guys can’t be bothered. Even during a game I have seen guys have rotten body language like they don’t want to be there. It’s getting more and more difficult to run an amateur team so fair play to all the guys still doing it 👍🏻

Today's players are nothing like it was when I started playing ams and I'm only 36 😂

One player had the cheek to moan because I absolutely battered them at training after they got hammered the game before 

My whole week was geared towards being either the hardest working player at training or being that good the gaffer couldn't leave me out. Now it's a case of "if I'm dropped f**k it I'll no be back" 

29 minutes ago, 3yardsout said:

Unfortunately the way the league treats some teams there left with no option but to fold. Could have been a good league this year in leafa but what I’m seeing and hearing it could quickly become a farce 

Bye Bye 👋 👋

3 hours ago, Funmac said:

League treated some teams with contempt they deserved...so bye bye right nuff..

Just so you know but I’m sure you will already know as you are fascinated with us. We won 5-2 yesterday. Atleast your team won’t have to take another pumping off us for the 6th time 😂😂

11 minutes ago, Funmac said:

That auld chestnut..oh and a know..also know mcbookie suspended betting on yous winning..very poor league..as you egomaniacs have pumped ye4selfs to win league..anything else want know ya helmet

Is that right? Money down the swanny if u ask me.