Leafa

Sandysafc

LEAFA have recommended that leagues are finished on average points per game with the possibility of finishing 4 cups  that are in the latter stages if  the season can get started at a time that allows them to be completed. 

Teams have until 8th May to submit a counter proposal in writing which has been submitted by a second team. If one is received then it will go to a vote between that and the executive committee’s proposal. 

There will be a counter proposal to null and void so it’s going to go to clubs for a vote. 

13 hours ago, Dinsey said:

LEAFA have recommended that leagues are finished on average points per game with the possibility of finishing 4 cups  that are in the latter stages if  the season can get started at a time that allows them to be completed. 

Teams have until 8th May to submit a counter proposal in writing which has been submitted by a second team. If one is received then it will go to a vote between that and the executive committee’s proposal. 

There will be a counter proposal to null and void so it’s going to go to clubs for a vote. 

Whole thing is a mess now tbh. U have some league now made there decision and voided/finished the season and other leagues proposing other ways of concluding this season. 

Imo the SAFA should have guided all amateur leagues so that a collective decision was made then when it does re start everyone is doing the same thing.

Grassroots football will probably be 1 of the last things to get started back so I cant see anything else other than disruption to next season aswell especially now that it looks like social distancing is going to be around for the rest of this year atleast. 

U may well find that finishing the 2019/20 season over 2 seasons may have been a better route to go down then hopefully 2021/22 season everything is back to some kind of normal. 

I feel people have rushed into decisions without any official facts thinking by july/august this will all be away and football will carry on as normal, cant see that being the case im afraid.

On 01/05/2020 at 13:36, the tin man said:

Are Edinburgh south vics and Edinburgh south connected wasnt sure had heard they were joining up to become the eos side

They merged at start of season 19/20 and are part of Edinburgh South but retained the Vic's.

LEAFA clubs vote 63-27 in favour of ending the season based on average points. 

There was never going to be one way to keep all clubs happy and this now gives them a basis to form divisions next season. 

Well done to all league winners. 

45 minutes ago, The retro star said:

What was your vote mate ? Average or nil and void

Our committee voted for average points. I’d have said the same had it been my personal choice. 

We win our league. It’s not the way anybody wants to win it but I think we would have gone on to win it comfortably. 

It might just be me, or it could have been a joke, but I thought the Sandy tweet about winning the league lacked class. You win, enjoy it, celebrate it, but the tweet was poor imho

This is what was put up;
To the teams who tried and failed heres another wee pic (of the league shield) for use.

Better luck next year (to the ones still running)

4 in a row [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471][emoji471] https://t.co/apJhJKJ3q3

Theres other tweets about "no one likes us" is that a thing about Sandys? Going by their twitter posts kind of understand why few would like them

11 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

This is what was put up;
To the teams who tried and failed heres another wee pic (of the league shield) for use.

Better luck next year (to the ones still running)

4 in a row emoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji471.png https://t.co/apJhJKJ3q3

Theres other tweets about "no one likes us" is that a thing about Sandys? Going by their twitter posts kind of understand why few would like them

🏆🏆🏆🏆🤣🤣