Leafa

Sandysafc

• 1 month later...

I think the announcement of no football til very least June 10th will probably kill any chance of being able to finish the league seasons in LEAFA. 

Ive seen the average points per game idea and even though my team would win the league through that, others are too close in my opinion to be decided by that method. Like all of football, finding a resolution that suits everyone will be impossible. 

I think the announcement of no football til very least June 10th will probably kill any chance of being able to finish the league seasons in LEAFA. 

Ive seen the average points per game idea and even though my team would win the league through that, others are too close in my opinion to be decided by that method. Like all of football, finding a resolution that suits everyone will be impossible. 

I coach under 15s and they’ve scrapped it because of the variation of league games played. What they done in the indoor bowling for leagues was all remaining games were out down as a draw but again only suited teams at the top.

Now the teams who are all relegated will the remain in the same league if the season is scrapped?

4 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

I coach under 15s and they’ve scrapped it because of the variation of league games played. What they done in the indoor bowling for leagues was all remaining games were out down as a draw but again only suited teams at the top.

Now the teams who are all relegated will the remain in the same league if the season is scrapped?

I think if it were to be scrapped then there would need to be a bit common sense on restructuring next season. Lothian Vale a good example, they need to be moved up but where do you stop as you’d have teams sitting lower and less obvious promotion candidates in leagues that would have hoped to work their way up by end of the season. 

From our point of view we’ve only played 8 games and would be declared champions on a PPG basis. I am fully confident we would have gone on and won it but it wouldn’t feel like we done it if we got it after 8 games. 

It’s not a task I envy and I can understand why it’s taking so long due to all the uncertainty of the situation and then the issues to resolve. 

Edited by Dinsey

I think if it were to be scrapped then there would need to be a bit common sense on restructuring next season. Lothian Vale a good example, they need to be moved up but where do you stop as you’d have teams sitting lower and less obvious promotion candidates in leagues that would have hoped to work their way up by end of the season. 

From our point of view we’ve only played 8 games and would be declared champions on a PPG basis. I am fully confident we would have gone on and won it but it wouldn’t feel like we done it if we got it after 8 games. 

It’s not a task I envy and I can understand why it’s taking so long due to all the uncertainty of the situation and then the issues to resolve. 

100% agree with you. Yourself and Lothian were odds on to be promoted so a restructured league would be the best bet and without Claiming leagues etc just shuffle it about.

Everyone knows who belongs where and hopefully the league take that into consideration as players may not hang around good teams in a lower league.

18 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

How many of the players you taking from them? 

Hopefully the original group you completely got rid of bar 2/3 when you went there little over a year ago will come back and save their local club.

Good luck at Craigy though. Just hope you don’t use this as a short term fix for them and do the same thing there as done to Lauri if a better offer comes up in a year and then my ex club are once again in the shit. Now it’s confirmed your taking over, who are the committee members? Very strange they only named you as manager along with coaching staff but didn’t reference who they new chairman / club leader was.

Yes they did. 

• 2 weeks later...