Leafa

Sandysafc

19 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

I see Disney is continuing as Leafa select manager for the forth coming fixtures. I expect a team made up from tollcross , sandys, laurieston, cp united, esv and Meadowbank. I do not see any other player from any other side inLeafa being good enough to break into the select. Hard job picking the boys good enough to challenge. Failed to live up to the hype last season as a select side so hopefully go a bit better this season

What hype? 

Iv said it a few times on here, every single person will have their opinions on who should be selected, what Iv found is that a lot of the time you cannot get the team you want for various reasons. Picking 16 from hundreds of players, you’re never going to please everyone. 

We will once again stick with the guys that impress in the trial and games and show us they are committed to it and won’t let us down.

Looking forward to getting going again and hope we do better too. 

Edited by Dinsey

11 hours ago, Dinsey said:

What hype? 

Iv said it a few times on here, every single person will have their opinions on who should be selected, what Iv found is that a lot of the time you cannot get the team you want for various reasons. Picking 16 from hundreds of players, you’re never going to please everyone. 

We will once again stick with the guys that impress in the trial and games and show us they are committed to it and won’t let us down.

when is it and who is piked?

11 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

I see Disney is continuing as Leafa select manager for the forth coming fixtures. I expect a team made up from tollcross , sandys, laurieston, cp united, esv and Meadowbank. I do not see any other player from any other side inLeafa being good enough to break into the select. Hard job picking the boys good enough to challenge. Failed to live up to the hype last season as a select side so hopefully go a bit better this season

who wood u pick?

10 hours ago, MUAFC said:

Ryan do the right thing and resign mate you can’t fulfil your job responsibilities while managing Lauriston Thistle full time?

Not sure where to start with this one. Firstly, what’s the right thing? You’ll be hard pushed to find someone that takes it as seriously and puts the graft into it that Michael Smith and myself do. Secondly,  it’s a voluntary position so there’s nothing to resign from. I’ve already said I’d be happy to stand aside if someone felt they can put more time into watching games every Saturday and the committee thought they were a better option. I was asked by the committee to stay on and I agreed because I enjoyed it and it was good working with different players. 

As it stands, Iv asked for player recommendations as always, I will try and see these players myself or have someone I trust watch them and feed back to me, we also have the trial games and friendlies to get a good look at players. You will probably be aware that I have a decent grasp on players within LEAFA aswell from previous years so some I don’t even need to see which allows more time to look at new suggestions. 

I’ve said before I will never please everyone, no select manager ever will. 

Edited by Dinsey

12 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

This post reeks of sour grapes ffs just let the select manager get on with the job in hand. 👍

7 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

Scott Coleman Edinburgh Star.

Kenny Fisher Gorgie Hearts

Theres 2 boys outwith top Saturday Leafa league who could possibly make it into the 16.

Scott was involved last year, know him well and I won’t be selecting anyone from that other team. 😂

19 hours ago, Dinsey said:

What hype? 

I just think the select team came up short when a lot of people expected them to do better. That’s what I meant by hype. It’s not an easy job, I don’t think it’s a job you can do fully whilst running another team either, but obviously you are willing to do it which is fair play to you!

25 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

I just think the select team came up short when a lot of people expected them to do better. That’s what I meant by hype. It’s not an easy job, I don’t think it’s a job you can do fully whilst running another team either, but obviously you are willing to do it which is fair play to you!

I expected us to be better as well but wouldn’t have said there was a hype about the team or anything like that. I’d probably say that most people would have expected the SAFL, Ayrshire and Central leagues to be better than us and it’s my job to put together the best group I can to beat these teams. 

I disagree mate, I thought about it for a while and I think it’s very doable because we have plenty time to work with until the competition starts. I wouldn’t have done it again if i didn’t think I could do it justice. If it’s not working then I’d be the first to admit it. 

Seeing success he's had with teams he's managed id say he's the right person. He obviously has a style of play in mind and has to pick players he sees who will fit into that system. Will he see things in players others don't... yes. Will we see things in players that he doesnt... yes!!!!

Said it before he's a young progressive coach / manager who wants to do well and should be supported by teams within his region not questioned by those who look to have an agenda.

Personally i hope he does well and i don't know the guy, im just not a bitter person who wants to see others to fail.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:25, Dinsey said:

Not sure where to start with this one. Firstly, what’s the right thing? You’ll be hard pushed to find someone that takes it as seriously and puts the graft into it that Michael Smith and myself do. Secondly,  it’s a voluntary position so there’s nothing to resign from. I’ve already said I’d be happy to stand aside if someone felt they can put more time into watching games every Saturday and the committee thought they were a better option. I was asked by the committee to stay on and I agreed because I enjoyed it and it was good working with different players. 

As it stands, Iv asked for player recommendations as always, I will try and see these players myself or have someone I trust watch them and feed back to me, we also have the trial games and friendlies to get a good look at players. You will probably be aware that I have a decent grasp on players within LEAFA aswell from previous years so some I don’t even need to see which allows more time to look at new suggestions. 

I’ve said before I will never please everyone, no select manager ever will. 

who are players u dinny need to see that will be their?

20 minutes ago, naebor said:

As long as Disney doesn’t have any personal agendas against players he competes against with Lauriston. As long as that doesn’t affect his picks I reckon he’ll have a very good squad.

It’s in my best interests to have the best players possible for the way we want to play and do things, regardless who they play for. 

I’m sure I’d  have had my fair share of cross words with a lot of the boys that were involved last year when we were on opposing teams!!

To be fair mate if i never seen eye to eye with a player and we never got on i wouldn't pick him regardless of ability. You have to have a working relationship, have mutal respect otherwise it'll never work.

As long as Disney doesn’t have any personal agendas against players he competes against with Lauriston. As long as that doesn’t affect his picks I reckon he’ll have a very good squad.