Leafa

Sandysafc

1 minute ago, Leafaboy said:

I agree if they came up against either of them even CP Meadowbank ESV ect there all streets ahead of the teams both lauri and lothian are playing but i reckon lauri and lothian would give them all closer games than people think i certainly wouldnt take either of them lightly dinse st bernards team were in the prem he knows the standard of the league as does phildo when he was with sandys sure they both know how difficult it would be but if either of them played a prem team the pressure is on the prem team and im sure lauri/lothian would love being the underdogs

They're not good enough to challenge them yet mate. It's taken years for Sandy's and tollcross to get where they are. It's a very difficult thing to do

11 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

They're not good enough to challenge them yet mate. It's taken years for Sandy's and tollcross to get where they are. It's a very difficult thing to do

Agree completely if they were in the prem it would be a different story but cup games anything can happen so lets hope 1 of them draw a prem team and see how they fair dont think they would fear it tho 

13 hours ago, Leafaboy said:

I agree if they came up against either of them even CP Meadowbank ESV ect there all streets ahead of the teams both lauri and lothian are playing but i reckon lauri and lothian would give them all closer games than people think i certainly wouldnt take either of them lightly dinse st bernards team were in the prem he knows the standard of the league as does phildo when he was with sandys sure they both know how difficult it would be but if either of them played a prem team the pressure is on the prem team and im sure lauri/lothian would love being the underdogs

The only way we will ever know is if either the teams mentioned draw teams from the premier in cups. Personally I would relish the challenge. We played ESV and Meadowbank recently and neither beat us, never mind proved streets ahead. 

I get the argument about playing against better teams weekly but let’s not forget the calibre of player in both Lothian Vale and Lauristons squad, I’d imagine a lot of both squads would play for any of the top premier sides. 

14 hours ago, Leafaboy said:

Anything can happen in a game mate been plenty cup shocks in games before personally i think the league is between sandys tollcross and CP but i do think meadowbank ESV can take points of them and maybe challenge themselves who knows its a very good league this season looking forward to seeing many games but if i had to pick a team to win the league i would go for either sandys as they have been there so many times and just know how to win leagues CP will be the main challengers i like Tollcross but for some reason they just cant seem to get passed the line and win the league 

they don't win things because they are guff.vicks will beet them by a few the mora

1 hour ago, Dinsey said:

The only way we will ever know is if either the teams mentioned draw teams from the premier in cups. Personally I would relish the challenge. We played ESV and Meadowbank recently and neither beat us, never mind proved streets ahead. 

I get the argument about playing against better teams weekly but let’s not forget the calibre of player in both Lothian Vale and Lauristons squad, I’d imagine a lot of both squads would play for any of the top premier sides. 

who from ur side would start 4 sandies

2 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Ive never been one for taking pre season games seriously as many teams miss players due to holidays/injuries ect not taking anytbing anyway from teams but im sure you would agree if you played ESV/Meadowbank again in a cup game the game would be alot different! As i said dinse i think lauri would give any of the teams a game in the prem and if lauri beat a prem team it wouldnt surprise me atall same with lothian i love the so called underdogs piping the so called bigger teams! All the best for the season abead mate and will defo be along to games 

A think the facts are, you can’t go on Pre season that’s a giving lol

on paper every premier team is better than any team mentioned below as they are in a higher league.

also for arguement sake, if they did play a premier team and won what does that mean? Anything can happen on a one of game, it’s all about consistency and playing top teams week in week out which o think both are capable off but right now two games in you can’t compare anyone in premier to teams below as they gulf in class is scary

Oh well it looks like 20 away games for us this year. I suppose it will be all the sweeter if we win anything knowing that teams are scared to play us on our own park. I think there is 9/10 teams play out with post code but we are different ha ha

Absolute shambles but we will carry on.

7 minutes ago, Sa2109 said:

Oh well it looks like 20 away games for us this year. I suppose it will be all the sweeter if we win anything knowing that teams are scared to play us on our own park. I think there is 9/10 teams play out with post code but we are different ha ha

Where you having to play? 

On 20/08/2019 at 22:07, Sa2109 said:

Every team should be aloud to have a home pitch if yous were asking to move your home pitch miles then fair point but ive been at your park last year and also at craigswood (shithole) a do believe the league have moved the goal posts in denying yous the right to play at your park looking forward  to our battles again this year hope yous get your park issues sorted lads  

55 minutes ago, Sa2109 said:

teams scared to play uz! nah they just dinny want to go tae pennys

8 hours ago, HendersonDelivers said:

teams scared to play uz! nah they just dinny want to go tae pennys

Get your facts right first before you post ya clown PENNIES are no more bawsoot is 100% correct for a change lol many teams in leafa play out with the eh postcode this has been a personal attack but as sa2019 says we will jump the hurdle and get on with it 

21 minutes ago, Fraz_1311 said:

Get your facts right first before you post ya clown PENNIES are no more bawsoot is 100% correct for a change lol many teams in leafa play out with the eh postcode this has been a personal attack but as sa2019 says we will jump the hurdle and get on with it 

ffs hurry up and jump then 😀 😀

2 hours ago, Fraz_1311 said:

ur wee boyfriend says sweeter if we win anything knowing that teams are scared to play us on our own park.why dont uz name those teams

I think there is a lot of bitterness or jealousy for a better word on here  phildo and dinsy should be congratulated for keeping the amateur game going who cares if it’s an existing or new team both are putting a lot of time and effort into keeping the game going and trying to make the leafa association stronger 
well done guys 
Stop it mate...... speaking sense doesn't often go down well on here!!!!!!