Leafa

Sandysafc

7 minutes ago, Phildo said:

I would take some of them but none are available so no point going on about it 

Do your team need any of them though mate, seen yous against dalkeith and Lothian Thistle in pre season and yous competed with them, albeit Thistle dominated last 20 minutes with there subs. 

1 hour ago, NickyRFC said:

Why does Lothian Vale and Lauriston always get mentioned together? Tell me there biggest rivals this season? Two different teams. One already had there own pavilion, own set up, successfull season getting promoted and now have a new manager same with CP United 

lothian vale on the other hand had to start for scratch which is ALOT harder than Lauriston have had it. Both very good teams but Lothian vale have the harder route

Harder route to what?  The only time I see both teams mentioned is when people say there are good teams in leagues below the premier and not comparing the teams. 

I also don’t get what you mean by having it ALOT harder than Lauriston. Having what a lot harder? We both have home parks, we both have to work equally as hard to get players in and signing for us, getting sponsors etc which I know Phildo puts a lot into . Iv brung in almost an entirely new team this summer. I’d also argue that by maintaining our own facilities, we have to work harder than clubs that don’t? More hours needed during the week to keep things running so I think that one is flawed. 

Edited by Dinsey

2 hours ago, CFCboy92 said:

Do your team need any of them though mate, seen yous against dalkeith and Lothian Thistle in pre season and yous competed with them, albeit Thistle dominated last 20 minutes with there subs. 

Maybe 1/2 would do a job for us mate 

On 19/08/2019 at 11:20, Dinsey said:

Harder route to what?  The only time I see both teams mentioned is when people say there are good teams in leagues below the premier and not comparing the teams. 

I also don’t get what you mean by having it ALOT harder than Lauriston. Having what a lot harder? We both have home parks, we both have to work equally as hard to get players in and signing for us, getting sponsors etc which I know Phildo puts a lot into . Iv brung in almost an entirely new team this summer. I’d also argue that by maintaining our own facilities, we have to work harder than clubs that don’t? More hours needed during the week to keep things running so I think that one is flawed. 

It's not really an entirely new team though is it it's all the St Bernards team you had before !!

32 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

It's not really an entirely new team though is it it's all the St Bernards team you had before !!

It is for Lauriston, and the ones that did play together at St Bernard’s have been at other teams for over a year. 

No need to bite, I’m just stating facts that you took over a successful team on the back off promotion, with own pitch/pavilion and people running the twitter and chairman etc and are already in the championship and Phildo started completely from scratch but yes both the best teams outwith the Premier 

12 minutes ago, NickyRFC said:

No need to bite, I’m just stating facts that you took over a successful team on the back off promotion, with own pitch/pavilion and people running the twitter and chairman etc and are already in the championship and Phildo started completely from scratch but yes both the best teams outwith the Premier 

What’s there to bite to? I was replying to your post and disagreeing a bit on what you said. 

11 minutes ago, NickyRFC said:

Might of had a pitch ect but everyone knows pilton park was dive im sure most players hated playing on that park but since dinse took over that pitch looks cracking in the pics on twitter also the ex st bernards players could have easily said no about signing so its not as easy as “i will just get all my st bernards team back” pretty sure dinse asked a few and said no as there at other teams ect Lauriston were a decent team before the take over but they are alot better now same with phildos team everyone of his players could of said no to signing getting players in for an amatuer team would be a headache constant messaging constant phoning ect i have seen lauri already this season watched them against BOS but havent seen Lothian yet so cant comment but im sure both teams will prospore this season and i guarantee you both of them would run alot of the pream teams close all the best to them im going to try and get along to lothian game and see what there all about

On 19/08/2019 at 14:51, Dinsey said:

It is for Lauriston, and the ones that did play together at St Bernard’s have been at other teams for over a year. 

Over a year st Bernards only folded last season ?? And did you not get some of them back at end of last season when you went to help them out 

13 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Over a year st Bernards only folded last season ?? And did you not get some of them back at end of last season when you went to help them out 

St Bernard’s folded last preseason,  i think end of July/ Start of August 2018 so yes, over a year. 

I did indeed get some of them back. 

10 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Will phildos team be going  long enough to reach the premier or will the excitement of starting a team fall away when guys get fed up and move on !!

I think with less leagues now, it’s only really 2 seasons and you’re In the prem. 

There is already talk of only having 3 divisions in LEAFA next year due to lack of teams. 

I think there is a lot of bitterness or jealousy for a better word on here  phildo and dinsy should be congratulated for keeping the amateur game going who cares if it’s an existing or new team both are putting a lot of time and effort into keeping the game going and trying to make the leafa association stronger 

well done guys 

2 hours ago, Fraz_1311 said:

I think there is a lot of bitterness or jealousy for a better word on here  phildo and dinsy should be congratulated for keeping the amateur game going who cares if it’s an existing or new team both are putting a lot of time and effort into keeping the game going and trying to make the leafa association stronger 

well done guys 

Couldnt agree more im glad pennies teamed up with craigshill aswell if that didnt happen craigshill would have folded and would have been another loss to the leagues. 

I think a lot of people are reading too much into Laurieston and Lothian Vales start. One thing is sure, They are nowhere near Sandy's or Tollcross. I haven't seen CP United but I've seen everyone else and if they think they will get any joy from Sandy's or tollcross in cup competitions I thing they are mistaken

1 minute ago, Sandysafc said:

I think a lot of people are reading too much into Laurieston and Lothian Vales start. One thing is sure, They are nowhere near Sandy's or Tollcross. I haven't seen CP United but I've seen everyone else and if they think they will get any joy from Sandy's or tollcross in cup competitions I thing they are mistaken

Anything can happen in a game mate been plenty cup shocks in games before personally i think the league is between sandys tollcross and CP but i do think meadowbank ESV can take points of them and maybe challenge themselves who knows its a very good league this season looking forward to seeing many games but if i had to pick a team to win the league i would go for either sandys as they have been there so many times and just know how to win leagues CP will be the main challengers i like Tollcross but for some reason they just cant seem to get passed the line and win the league 

2 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

I agree with you about the league. I just think laurieston and Lothian are facing a completely different animal if they get Sandy's or tollcross from what they have been used to

I agree if they came up against either of them even CP Meadowbank ESV ect there all streets ahead of the teams both lauri and lothian are playing but i reckon lauri and lothian would give them all closer games than people think i certainly wouldnt take either of them lightly dinse st bernards team were in the prem he knows the standard of the league as does phildo when he was with sandys sure they both know how difficult it would be but if either of them played a prem team the pressure is on the prem team and im sure lauri/lothian would love being the underdogs