Leafa

Sandysafc

How on earth can you fix a scratch card??? I'll come out of retirement for an all inclusive 2 week royal Caribbean cruise [emoji39] paying players at this level does happen ( shock ).... however nobody will admit it ( shock ). A player coming down from senior football is only coming for one reason and its not to play with his pals, he's no a 12 year old, folk just need to accept it and move on because its never going to change no matter how wrong it is.

7 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

How on earth can you fix a scratch card??? I'll come out of retirement for an all inclusive 2 week royal Caribbean cruise emoji39.png paying players at this level does happen ( shock ).... however nobody will admit it ( shock ). A player coming down from senior football is only coming for one reason and its not to play with his pals, he's no a 12 year old, folk just need to accept it and move on because its never going to change no matter how wrong it is.

I would disagree with that part, I know a lot of players at amateur teams that have done that. We’ve got two or three this season who have and believe me they don’t get a bean for their troubles! The commitment of training twice a week and more travelling involved doesn’t always suit players. 

I would disagree with that part, I know a lot of players at amateur teams that have done that. We’ve got two or three this season who have and believe me they don’t get a bean for their troubles! The commitment of training twice a week and more travelling involved doesn’t always suit players. 
So do i mate but i also know some that get paid and thats the excuse used. It'll never stop, you'll never be able to trust a player motivated by money because as soon as they get something more appealing they are off. May buy short term success but not loyalty

Doubt they are paying players in the bottom tier of amateur football [emoji23] certainly wouldn’t need to

I would’ve thought so but when a player that has always been paid playing juniors etc says he’s getting paid for amateurs he probably is. However maybe it’s just travelling expenses and good tracksuits. Either way whether u agree with it or not. The standard the next year will most likely improve which is the harsh truth. Disney said Laurie don’t pay but looks like they have a cracking team, maybe all these other good teams are the same, personally don’t know how someone would want to spend money at this level either. It’s all just hearsay really.

Wouldny be happy if i was having to pay a tenner a week, with other guys on my team paying hee haw and also being paid to play. Surely cant build a successful team like that? Different at higher level where its fair game but no amateurs.

Unless everyone in the team plays for free which i dont think happens at many amateur teams.

On 17/07/2019 at 23:45, TootToot said:

Wouldny be happy if i was having to pay a tenner a week, with other guys on my team paying hee haw and also being paid to play. Surely cant build a successful team like that? Different at higher level where its fair game but no amateurs.

Unless everyone in the team plays for free which i dont think happens at many amateur teams.

For what I know through experience I am happy to share it. I know for definite that newcraighall were paying players last year and are paying players this year. I know through speaking to players that dinseys st Bernard's team didnt get paid any money. I know through being directly involved with Sandy's that there has never been a penny paid to any player and I also know a lot of boys who have signed with phildos team and there hasnt been any money passed there either. I do not want phildos team to do well but I think credit where its due he has assembled a decent squad, as did Disney with st Bernard's. The only animals continuing to do this are newcraighall and its bought them no success whatsoever. Hope that continues for as long as they pay players.

Champions cup starts today with AVU and Sandys getting a bye into the semis only 2 games go ahead Tranent vs Tollcross and Meadowbank vs Muiriston.

predictions ??

i think Tollcross will win and Meadowbank will win comfortably 

11 minutes ago, naebor said:

Tollcross strolled today I seen, 8-0 vs a Tranent team that have been bigged up to challenge for things this year.

Can’t tell if tollcross were good or Tranent were awful? 

Could be a long season for tranent 

Can’t tell if tollcross were good or Tranent were awful? 

Could be a long season for tranent 

Tollcross I seen a year ago and were alright but they seem to be a different animal now, especially after their last few results. Won’t be long before senior clubs are sniffing around some players.

Great win for tollcross on Saturday they seem to have hit the ground running looks like they could be the team to beat this season a know pre season counts for nothing but they have had some good results against decent sides sandys havnt really got started and seen CP got beat off a poor craigneuk team on Saturday so they mite not be the force everyone thinks they might be