Leafa

Sandysafc

Don’t see Tranent or ESV going close with ESV temperament and Tranent don’t have a fight which I think is needed to win the premier league both very good teams though and not saying they won’t come close but it takes something different to withstand the pressure and keep the consistency that’s why I think teams like Sandys pennies and Tollcross will be to much for teams as they are experience playing top level 

25 minutes ago, NickyRFC said:

Don’t see Tranent or ESV going close with ESV temperament and Tranent don’t have a fight which I think is needed to win the premier league both very good teams though and not saying they won’t come close but it takes something different to withstand the pressure and keep the consistency that’s why I think teams like Sandys pennies and Tollcross will be to much for teams as they are experience playing top level 

Looks like ESV have added a couple to quality players so far. On their day they’ll give anyone a game but they need to find the consistency that the top teams have to challenge over the course of the season 

Some really decent sides in the lower divisions as well, will fancy there chances playing prem division teams in one off cup games. Especially if having a good run in league and confidence high etc.

Lothian vale obviously favourites for their league but still a few decent sides in it and also the 2nd division looks really competitive this year - 3 or 4 teams could win it.

Just hope all the teams are having good pre seasons and enough players are comitting as its crap when loads of teams start folding like the last few years. Been a few rumours fernieside and barca milton etc struggling already for players. When is the deadline for the leagues being set? Could teams still change leagues should any of these teams pull out before the season starts?

11 minutes ago, TootToot said:

Some really decent sides in the lower divisions as well, will fancy there chances playing prem division teams in one off cup games. Especially if having a good run in league and confidence high etc.

Lothian vale obviously favourites for their league but still a few decent sides in it and also the 2nd division looks really competitive this year - 3 or 4 teams could win it.

Just hope all the teams are having good pre seasons and enough players are comitting as its crap when loads of teams start folding like the last few years. Been a few rumours fernieside and barca milton etc struggling already for players. When is the deadline for the leagues being set? Could teams still change leagues should any of these teams pull out before the season starts?

Teams can’t change leagues now mate. At the AGM the formation of divisions was set so no going back now. 

Lothian Vale will do the business in the lower league along with Lauriston.too very good teams. Phil who did you get fae danderhal? Sand getting a couple from danderhal think it is liam mckena and elf. they need a goaly.i saw who tranent have signed and they might be up with the favorits now. tolcross are getting luke from merky who played in leafa select team for disney

10 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

How many of the old St Bernards team have you got at Laureston Thistle ?

15 that we had at St Bernard’s at one point trained with us up til now. 

Im working off a list of 27 at the moment to build our squad from. Most we’ve had training any night is 22 due to the usual holidays, work etc so it’s been manageable so far for training.  

That's a big squad to choose from as you said last week you won't be able to keep 22 never mind 27 happy!!  So basically uve got your full St Bernards team back are they signed with yous as a herd a couple were going to.train at sandys ??

24 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

That's a big squad to choose from as you said last week you won't be able to keep 22 never mind 27 happy!!  So basically uve got your full St Bernards team back are they signed with yous as a herd a couple were going to.train at sandys ??

Aye I’m not planning on signing them all haha. Still not signed anyone, keen to not sign anyone on reputation so they’re going to have to earn their place. We’ve said this from the start it’s the way we are doing it so everybody knows. 

There are a few missing from the last St Bernard’s squad we had with a couple we had in previous squads joining back up. Both Rees Smith (Lothian Thistle HV) and Ean Gilhooley (Sandys) have signed on for another season where they played last year with those clubs, and there are a few we decided to move in a different direction from. Iv only kept on 5 of the original players from lauriston aswell who have been doing preseason with us. 

I definitely have some hard decisions to make coming up. 

Edited by Dinsey

Anyone able to tell me of any friendlies that LEAFA teams have up against any EOS/LL teams.

Seen Tranent beat Arni at the weekend 3-0 and have a couple other friendlies lined up against EOS opposition, just would like to maybe take in a few of these games and see how LEAFA teams compete against EOS/LL teams, cheers in advance 😁