Leafa

Sandysafc

A told people no to under estimate tranent nxt season, players were lined up before the new management came in and players they will bring in
Think have improved on what they already had Chris and toye will strengthen them at the back. Honey is a cracking player, played with him with at haddington and tranent along with Jerry but they wont be playing. I hope they do well as a local laddie and to dismiss them was sheer ignorance

I think there’s a difference between totally dismissing teams and being asked who you think will challenge. 

Tranent had a brilliant first seasoning the prem, I’m not sure how they faired against the “bigger” more establishes premier teams on head to heads but they fell short in the end and need to step up a level to challenge which I think is what people are saying. 

Sandys and Tollcross will again go off as everyone’s favourites and you can see why, they do it consistently every year and that’s where the bar is set for everyone else. 

For what it’s worth, I seen them a few times last season and they have some very good players so it will be interesting to see how they fare next season if they strengthen. I’m sure they’ll want to prove some people wrong if they feel they’re being written off, wether they can or not remains to be seen. 

Just now, Dinsey said:

I think there’s a difference between totally dismissing teams and being asked who you think will challenge. 

Tranent had a brilliant first season the prem, I’m not sure how they faired against the “bigger” more establishes premier teams on head to heads but they fell short in the end and need to step up a level to challenge which I think is what people are saying. 

Sandys and Tollcross will again go off as everyone’s favourites and you can see why, they do it consistently every year and that’s where the bar is set for everyone else. 

For what it’s worth, I seen them a few times last season and they have some very good players so it will be interesting to see how they fare next season if they strengthen. I’m sure they’ll want to prove some people wrong if they feel they’re being written off, wether they can or not remains to be seen. 

7 minutes ago, getriteinabootit7 said:

As a say these players were lined up and a few others plus others the new management bring in but as usual on here tranent get totally dismissed

I'm sure others will strengthen mate. Who's your tip for next year?  Obviously time will tell and that

9 minutes ago, jambo said:

They your tips then mate?

Not tips, but if they’re not up there going for the league at the business end of the season I’d be surprised mate. Both will be guaranteed to have the squad to do so.

That’s not to say other teams won’t either, until you see what sort of squad the other teams put together, it’s all a guessing game at the moment. The more strong teams the better though so I really hope these teams can compete over a season. 

Edited by Dinsey

With salvy folding and the rumours that sandys are losing players its got to be tollcross year finally if the rumours are true haha? Hopefully be a very tight league though, few good sides in the premier 

12 minutes ago, jambo said:

With salvy folding and the rumours that sandys are losing players its got to be tollcross year finally if the rumours are true haha? Hopefully be a very tight league though, few good sides in the premier 

I think the rumours about Sandys will prove to be unfounded and they’ll go in stronger than this season. 

Tranent had a brilliant first seasoning the prem, I’m not sure how they faired against the “bigger” more establishes premier teams on head to heads but they fell short in the end and need to step up a level to challenge which I think is what people are saying. 
You can't deny a few posters on here are totally dismissive and arrogant to anyone who isn't a sandys player or a salvy player...... even tho tranent finished above them? I stated that imo kiddo wasn't a great CB in a back 3 and Jules would play in that sandys team and some boy started a thread about it..... utter desperation!!! There is some bang average players in all top leafa sides, with better players in lower leagues but don't get recognised because they play in a lower league.

Guest brycey
3 hours ago, Phildo said:

Westside have a massive chance of getting the Larry Walls award a domestic treble and semis of the Scottish cup but if Sandys win on Friday it will be a very close vote. 

aye the westside lads hae tae b up there - brilliant treble fae them n the semi o the scottish tae - one of thee best sunday sides that can compete wae the big boys in amateur fitba - one o these times thae lads r gonna go awe the way in the scottish 

7 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
8 hours ago, Dinsey said:

You can't deny a few posters on here are totally dismissive and arrogant to anyone who isn't a sandys player or a salvy player...... even tho tranent finished above them? I stated that imo kiddo wasn't a great CB in a back 3 and Jules would play in that sandys team and some boy started a thread about it..... utter desperation!!! There is some bang average players in all top leafa sides, with better players in lower leagues but don't get recognised because they play in a lower league.

I think you also need to take into account how many people are at the wind up on here aswell posting for a reaction. It’s been directed at me a few times aswell, you soon learn who is giving an opinion and who is at it!

Guest brycey
1 hour ago, Dinsey said:

I think you also need to take into account how many people are at the wind up on here aswell posting for a reaction. It’s been directed at me a few times aswell, you soon learn who is giving an opinion and who is at it!

it widnae b a forum wae oot windups n flak - best thing av seen oan here is westside no a sandys team - ffs a near chocked oan ma bacon sarnie lol 

Guest brycey

the leafa badly needs yin o the big 2 tae go awe the way in the scottish - n thats sandys n westside as it stands the noo