Leafa

Sandysafc

10 minutes ago, getriteinabootit7 said:

They played meadowbank and beat them, I think they'll strengthen well nxt season and will be up for it

Phildo isn’t trying to belittle anyone he is just stating that Tranent are not better than Sandys or Tollcross.. do you honestly think there one of the best teams in leafa 

12 minutes ago, getriteinabootit7 said:

They played meadowbank and beat them, I think they'll strengthen well nxt season and will be up for it

Hope so mate will be good for the premier league to be good again instead of this season it was a shambles with teams folding and getting chucked out etc and the same teams staying up when they should of been relegated years ago . 

Teams folding every season saving there bacon. 

Tranent will strengthen again they always do i know a lot of the players and i rate a couple very highly. Meadowbank are fairly decent but inless they've strengthened team cant see them challenging, they've got some good players but some total arseholes, imo on a similar level to pencaitland. Which i fnacied to come up.

1 minute ago, quickoverayard said:

Tranent will strengthen again they always do i know a lot of the players and i rate a couple very highly. Meadowbank are fairly decent but inless they've strengthened team cant see them challenging, they've got some good players but some total arseholes, imo on a similar level to pencaitland. Which i fnacied to come up.

Medowbank are a better side than pentcaitlind I think. They've proved that this year. I've watched both them a good few times this season and I don't think they're on a level with each other. Haven't seen tranent but I think they had a good year this year, it will be good to see the premier next year and I hope that its a competitive year

Medowbank are a better side than pentcaitlind I think. They've proved that this year. I've watched both them a good few times this season and I don't think they're on a level with each other. Haven't seen tranent but I think they had a good year this year, it will be good to see the premier next year and I hope that its a competitive year
Think they record between the 2 is quite close to be honest. They problem i see with meadowbank is when they are being outplayed they start trying to bully people. Some very good players tho. I heard many things, AVU, Newcraighall, salvy etc all being good sides but ive yet to see anything which would suggest so. Hopefully someone can give tollcross and sandys a proper go.

The times I've seen them that hasn't been the case I didn't think. Just a group of guys wanting to win, nothing wrong with that tbh? Newcraighall aren't anywhere near what they used to be mate, pish and another season were they've been poor suggests they are done. AVU must have a decent side and I've heard a few good things about them as well. Salvey good side but really don't know what happened to them towards the end of the season. Next year it will be interesting what the set up with leagues are aswell

2 minutes ago, jambo said:

The times I've seen them that hasn't been the case I didn't think. Just a group of guys wanting to win, nothing wrong with that tbh? Newcraighall aren't anywhere near what they used to be mate, pish and another season were they've been poor suggests they are done. AVU must have a decent side and I've heard a few good things about them as well. Salvey good side but really don't know what happened to them towards the end of the season. Next year it will be interesting what the set up with leagues are aswell

I watched Meadowbank a couple times for the select last season and I think they’ll do well next year. Very tight knit group that have been together for a while now and I don’t think they will lose many players due to that. 

Agree they can sometimes get involved in silly stuff but they’ll cope just fine. If they can get a couple solid additions in, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see them competing at the top end of the table. 

Youd expect Tollcross to come again, Alan is very good at recruiting players and putting a good squad together. Sandys have won the league again, despite what’s been written about games abandoned etc, they still went and won at Tranent, Danderhall, Salvie, Tollcross etc when they had to. 

Phildo isn’t trying to belittle anyone he is just stating that Tranent are not better than Sandys or Tollcross.. do you honestly think there one of the best teams in leafa 
Never said there 1 of the best teams, but a bit respect to what they've done the last 4 years and to compete in the league wldny go amiss to them,

Ive played against them mate and theres a few daftys in the team but not all of them, goalkeeper is the worst by a country mile, i like a battle but an honest one. Ive seen AVU play west barns and i wasn't blown away.

Imho tollcross play the best football but a tad soft, if danderhall can be more consistent then they could do well, centre half is a player.

Who did you play for mate? I've heard loads of bad stuff about the keeper but when i seen them I didn't see that, maybe just a quiet day for them haha! I still fancy esv to be the dark horses though lol

Who did you play for mate? I've heard loads of bad stuff about the keeper but when i seen them I didn't see that, maybe just a quiet day for them haha! I still fancy esv to be the dark horses though lol
Junior or amateur? Hes a total dick of a laddie.... on the park anyway!!! I think ESV are a good team. Ryan is a terrific player

If Sandy's and tollcross strengthen for next season it will be the same again. Teams will push but don't have the quality in depth . 1 or 2 players missing and they struggle to compete . And I genuinely think meadowbank will be the main challenge to they 2 . Tranent have done superb finishing 3rd it's a great achievement , I watched them play Sandy's a couple weeks back and I think they will need to improve a good bit to challenge again as the buzz of the first season up is now gone . 

12 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
34 minutes ago, jambo said:

Junior or amateur? Hes a total dick of a laddie.... on the park anyway!!! I think ESV are a good team. Ryan is a terrific player

Amateur mate? Great player seen him play in the select games and was different class!

3 minutes ago, Safc2017 said:

If Sandy's and tollcross strengthen for next season it will be the same again. Teams will push but don't have the quality in depth . 1 or 2 players missing and they struggle to compete . And I genuinely think meadowbank will be the main challenge to they 2 . Tranent have done superb finishing 3rd it's a great achievement , I watched them play Sandy's a couple weeks back and I think they will need to improve a good bit to challenge again as the buzz of the first season up is now gone . 

Hope that there's a good few teams pushing will make a better league of that's the case

Amateur mate? Great player seen him play in the select games and was different class!
East Linton years ago, pencaitland years ago lol im well past my sell by date. Junior was haddington, tranent and mussy. He's the standout in that team imo. Played against him a few times and was best player on the park

Guess that's why you aren't that keen on that medowbank then lol? Top player like, they've got a good few in that team and I'm thinking if they get 1 or 2 in then they will challenge for the league. Just didn't think they were that consistent this year but my tip for next year for sure

Guess that's why you aren't that keen on that medowbank then lol? Top player like, they've got a good few in that team and I'm thinking if they get 1 or 2 in then they will challenge for the league. Just didn't think they were that consistent this year but my tip for next year for sure
Lol no mate i have no bias at all, i played for them long before meadowbank were a team. I've played the occasional game against them helping teams out and the behaviour i seen wasnt great. Agreed mate, big striker is good also. Wears number 5?