Leafa

Sandysafc

1 minute ago, CFCboy92 said:

Was it abandoned towards the end of the game? What happens in regards to the result is it replayed with minutes left remaining on the clock when abandoned or replay the full 90minutes again? 

Not sure what minute abandoned but I’d be amazed if the game wasn’t rescheduled to be played again from the start. 

5 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Great logic eh stopped for trouble so a replay will solve that problem!!!! Was it just handbags or more?

It seemed to stem from a craigshill player being kicked in the face at a bouncing ball (accidental) and one of the young lads at the craigshill side took exception to it. 

Words were exchanged across the pitch, some guys from the sandys sidelines then ran behind the goals to meet the other guy(s) Bit of pushing and shoving, swearing etc,  players involved too.

Game over

Yeah I’d say so from where I was standing. I guess only the lad from Sandys will know  for sure if he meant it but I don’t think so
Bit of an over reaction from the sidelines then! Hope the lads ok who was kicked in the head. Played sandys many times and yes physical games but never any badness.

There wasnt a lot of badness during the game. Couple of small things but I didnt see the kick in the head so I can't comment whether or not it was accidental but knowing the player in question I don't think it would be. Then it escalated and before I knew it the match was abandoned. Played against craigshill numerous times and not had that but we will take a 90min replayed game for sure

7 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

There wasnt a lot of badness during the game. Couple of small things but I didnt see the kick in the head so I can't comment whether or not it was accidental but knowing the player in question I don't think it would be. Then it escalated and before I knew it the match was abandoned. Played against craigshill numerous times and not had that but we will take a 90min replayed game for sure

Sure you would coz you were getting horsed by all accounts:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Sandysafc said:

Baws burst now and you know it is :whistle

People are always going to talk about a team like Sandy's coz they are at the top of the pile ( not the league)   and have been for a few years now . Add to that a bit of self arrogance and belief that they are the best team in leafa then everyone wants to jump on any bit of negativity or slip up that they make . It's part and parcel with every association and it gives boys something to do . If for instance meadowbank come up and dominate for the next few years then a thread like this will be all about them and how they are a " gang " but deep down all they boys give is 100% for each other and don't back down from anyone . 

100% many teams get called a gang cause they have a big sideline or are passionate and confident in there own abilities it’s amateur football. Your no going to get perfect tackles or performances so if others things work like home advantage why not use it, Along with a bit banter and taking the piss out of each other , some teams obviously don’t appreciate it but it’s part and parcel with football

Nothing better than a bit needle in games. Its part of football, some teams are too easily turned over because they've no bite. Dare i say thats why sandys are also so successful because the can play football and battle.

Some of the fans are just wee neds but like i said i have no problem with them as a team. If the boy did kick him on purpose that is shocking and has no place in football.