Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

We were the first British club to play in a European competition m8. Easily makes us bigger than any club you’ve mentioned there.

To end this, if we want Clarke, we’ll take him. 

That was of course by default.

The REAL Scottish champions declined to participate in the inaugral tournament ;)

I was trying to photograph some dippers in Figgate Park on 2 January, and I dropped a glove through fiddling with my camera on a very cold day*.

The man walking his wee dug behind me shouted out something like, "Ma dug will think that's food tae eat!", with a big grin. After he'd passed, I realized it was a grizzled, bearded Yogi Hughes.

Why would he be walking his dog in Figgate Park in January if he wasn't casing Easter Road for the gig? Bet the farm on it, you'll thank me later.

* Not a single euphemism in there, although I appreciate it sounds like a string of them.

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

We were the first British club to play in a European competition m8. Easily makes us bigger than any club you’ve mentioned there.

To end this, if we want Clarke, we’ll take him. 

Go back to sleep you clown !

We are in talks with Killie for Clarke.

Just in, the full transcript of the “Clarke Talks”..........

“Hiya Stevie, hiya pal, it’s ‘Tache Petrie here......ah hud tae make the call cos’ Leeann’s busy makin’ oot sumbdy’s P45.......so, eh, d’ye fancy a wee crack at the Easter Road gig.........???
Stevie.......hullo ??..........Stevie, ye thair..??...........hullo. ?......”

If you need any more reasons why Hibs should be doing every thing in their power to lure Clarke away from Kilmarnock, then look no further than Dom's post from February. Sums it up to a tee. Stan Clarke's Green and White Army.

On 2/20/2018 at 18:56, Dominique Malonga said:

There’s absolutely no doubt about it.....this WILL be a very tough game. Say what you want about Kilmarnock( they whore themselves out to Rangers & Celtic, pointless club, no fans etc etc) but they are in the form of their LIVES right now.

I actually checked the match match report for their last home game and they had an attendance of 3768. At first I thought it was a misprint but in actuality it wasn’t! That means that their stadium was nearly a quarter full! It really is fairytale stuff , their whole town has came out to support them.

That’s one of the reasons that we may lose this match, although the biggest one is the man in the dugout for killie - Stan Clarke.

What a coup he’s been for Kilmarnock. The turnaround in fortunes since he’s taken over for whoever was the manager before has to be seen to be believed. I actually think Killie may, just may, finish 6th in the table this year. If I said to you last year that Kilmarnock FC would be sitting sixth in the table and were pulling in 3.5k crowds you’d say “aye nae bother Dom what’s the food like in Carstairs?”. If anyone says that “ a manger doesn’t make much difference” then you show them Kilmarnock FC and Stanley Clarke, and you may not get a medal for finishing 6th in the table but if I had my way those 11 players that clinched such glory would get the biggest dam medals in the whole building.

5 hours ago, KTID26 said:

The pressure at Hibs is different, trying to get the team into the top half of the league must be hard. Regarding Steve Clarke and doing the business at a big club I would suggest West Brom and even Reading are bigger clubs than Hibs. You should also remember he was assistant manager at Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle United and Aston Villa all bigger clubs than Hibs.

To end this , he won't be the manager of ANY OTHER  Scottish club.

When Hibs come calling, its very hard to say no. And from what I'm hearing today we have indeed come calling. Will let you know updates as I get them.

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

When Hibs come calling, its very hard to say no. And from what I'm hearing today we have indeed come calling. Will let you know updates as I get them.

He won't be the manager of ANY OTHER  Scottish club. You won't need to bother with updates it will not happen. You clearly are  a desperate case, take a deep breath and relax.

Archived