Elgin City v Edinburgh City

Elgin away is always a difficult game but their form recently hasn’t been great. Edinburgh however (apart from QP) haven’t got the greatest form either since the start of the year.

Personally I’d settle for a narrow win and not a repeat of last week’s performance.

Not the result I was expecting when City were 2 uo after half an hour. Or the result I was expecting when the other City made it  3-2 with 2 minutes left. But a third of a loaf, etc.

Will double-check the records when I get home - but I think the record for Edinburgh City Scottish League goals in a season is 22, by Willie Bauld in 47/48, and Blair Henderson has now equalled that before the end of January.

Much improved from Elgin. The two new boys: Roberts and Hester made a big difference, the team seemed to play with a lot more confidence. Disappointing to only get a point after being two up, but we could easily have come away with nothing. I thought Edinburgh were quite lucky today - two scrambled goals. Chris Mcleish coming on and immediately dancing past three players was a pleasant surprise!
Plenty to be optimistic about I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Much improved from Elgin. The two new boys: Roberts and Hester made a big difference, the team seemed to play with a lot more confidence. Disappointing to only get a point after being two up, but we could easily have come away with nothing. I thought Edinburgh were quite lucky today - two scrambled goals. Chris Mcleish coming on and immediately dancing past three players was a pleasant surprise!
Plenty to be optimistic about I'd say.

Good.

I seen Hester got a couple of goals today. How did he fair the rest of the game?

I thought he had a good game. Plenty pace and took his goals well. Came off 10 minutes into the second half. A great addition to the team. They looked so much more positive with his pace and movement.

Hester took his goals well but looked short of match fitness not surprisingly. Should be a good asset. Excellent open game today with a draw right in my opinion. Shane Sutherland was awful and looks as if he is just going through the motions. Darryl McHardy was my man of the match but a lot of effort from the team. Sadly the common failure of sitting back when leading almost proved fatal and we only started attacking again when we went behind.  Clyde are in with a chance of winning this league but I was impressed with Edinburgh who played good football allied to a great workrate. QP next week should be interesting after their win today

Happy at 2-0, disappointed at 2-2, gutted at 2-3, delighted at 3-3 - roller coaster ride for Elgin fans today but it was an enjoyable game (once we got a draw). Thought Elgin were excellent 1st half but pretty poor for most of the second. Thought McHardy was MOTM again, he's having a pretty good season. Shane Sutherland was not at his best and had a few too many misplaced passes but to say he was awful is ridiculous - he is the pivot for nearly all our forward play and does it by holding off 2/3 players until others get forward. If he's not tearing up the pitch like a young Zidane he's pish!?

Edinburgh were decent but I was actually more impressed with them in the game they lost earlier in the season.  They play some good football and maybe the heavy winter pitches are hindering them a little.

2 points lost or 1 gained ?, great first half by elgin, thought soapy was our best player by a mile in the first half , great ball through for hesters second goal, second half we did sit back but the weather was horrendous and edinburgh were forcing the game, very strong all over the park but credit to elgin for not giving in, congrats to Soapy for breaking Twiggys record with 306 scottish league appearances

Another good performance from City, definitely a roller coaster of a day. Thought Darryl was MotM, and the whole team played well although Shane was poor compared to what he can do.  Hester and Roberts fitted in nicely. Hopefully we've turned a corner.

Archived