Would you like to see your club join the Pyramid?

amigan

Pyramid Yes or No  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
1 hour ago, wishyman said:
Is that the same Shippy who played Colville in a prelim Scottish cup tie a couple of seasons back?

The very same

And they're Seniors?

In answer to the OP,  Glenrothes as it stands.
It was around this time last year that clubs started having meetings about moving to EoS.  Dalkeith declared in January, I think we declared around this time, along with maybe Edinburgh Utd.  It was over the following 3 weeks in the run-up to the 31st March deadline where things really began to happen.

Thank you

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

In answer to the OP,  Glenrothes as it stands.

It was around this time last year that clubs started having meetings about moving to EoS.  Dalkeith declared in January, I think we declared around this time, along with maybe Edinburgh Utd.  It was over the following 3 weeks in the run-up to the 31st March deadline where things really began to happen.

As Burnieman says, at this moment in time only Glenrothes have applied to move from the East Juniors to the EoSFL.

Broadening the question a little though, what I think might be instructive is looking at the final league placings in the East Region last year in the context of the relative strengths of the 24 clubs that left at the end of the season against those that remained (I’ve not included the North Division as none of those clubs left to go to the EoSFL). Every Super League Club south of the HL/LL dividing line, other than Kennoway Star Hearts, made the move and five of the sides finishing in the top half of the Premier League also jumped to the EoSFL. All of East Lothian’s clubs that were members of the ERSJFA in season 2017-18 are now in the EoSFL.

As has been stated in numerous threads, this decimated the region with a vast number of clubs moving into Senior football and the Pyramid for the beginning of this season. As one of the top eleven remaining teams, Bathgate Thistle turned down the opportunity to be part of the new Super League for season 2018-19, preferring regional football below. Pumpherston turned down promotion to this new Super League to remain in the regionalised league below, thus opening up a spot for Whitburn in this new Super League despite the fact that they had finished in one of the relegation positions in the 2017-18 Premier League. Both Bathgate and Pumpherston, presumably, made their decisions to avoid repeated journeys into Tayside.

It makes eminent sense for the remaining West Lothian and Fife teams to get out of the Tayside dominated East Region and join old acquaintances in the EoSFL, renewing only recently lost rivalries and re-joining many of the more powerful teams in the east of the country. Glenrothes have seen the wisdom of this but the question is – will the rest, or are they even paying attention?

2017-18 East Region League Tables.jpg

1 hour ago, Sidney Lumet said:

As Burnieman says, at this moment in time only Glenrothes have applied to move from the East Juniors to the EoSFL.

Broadening the question a little though, what I think might be instructive is looking at the final league placings in the East Region last year in the context of the relative strengths of the 24 clubs that left at the end of the season against those that remained (I’ve not included the North Division as none of those clubs left to go to the EoSFL). Every Super League Club south of the HL/LL dividing line, other than Kennoway Star Hearts, made the move and five of the sides finishing in the top half of the Premier League also jumped to the EoSFL. All of East Lothian’s clubs that were members of the ERSJFA in season 2017-18 are now in the EoSFL.

As has been stated in numerous threads, this decimated the region with a vast number of clubs moving into Senior football and the Pyramid for the beginning of this season. As one of the top eleven remaining teams, Bathgate Thistle turned down the opportunity to be part of the new Super League for season 2018-19, preferring regional football below. Pumpherston turned down promotion to this new Super League to remain in the regionalised league below, thus opening up a spot for Whitburn in this new Super League despite the fact that they had finished in one of the relegation positions in the 2017-18 Premier League. Both Bathgate and Pumpherston, presumably, made their decisions to avoid repeated journeys into Tayside.

It makes eminent sense for the remaining West Lothian and Fife teams to get out of the Tayside dominated East Region and join old acquaintances in the EoSFL, renewing only recently lost rivalries and re-joining many of the more powerful teams in the east of the country. Glenrothes have seen the wisdom of this but the question is – will the rest, or are they even paying attention?

2017-18 East Region League Tables.jpg

Ersjfa keep making defensive moves to retain members. We had fauldhouse looking at eosfl earlier in the season but as soon as ersjfa changed potentially to a more regional set up. They only have 16 teams in Fife and Lothians plus potentially a boness and a linlithgow amateur team

They fear going to coldstream or Tweedmouth which isn't any further than going to Tayside 

There’s always a lot of chat about Fauldhouse due to JC being active on here, but Bathgate Thistle are the ones that I’d be surprised if they see their long term future as Juniors.  They have a fantastic set-up at Creamery Park, floodlights, plenty of new cover, modern-ish changing rooms, a great playing surface, and they have the link to the wider community club. They seem to be in a great position to go down the licence route and build the club back up to where they once were.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There’s always a lot of chat about Fauldhouse due to JC being active on here, but Bathgate Thistle are the ones that I’d be surprised if they see their long term future as Juniors.  They have a fantastic set-up at Creamery Park, floodlights, plenty of new cover, modern-ish changing rooms, a great playing surface, and they have the link to the wider community club. They seem to be in a great position to go down the licence route and build the club back up to where they once were.

Fauldhouse too have an excellent set-up, minus the lights. Good cover, decent changing and catering facilities, excellent hospitality facilities and some hard work carried out in recent times means an improving playing surface too. Get the necessary documented policies and procedures in place (none of which, it’s important to note, are required for entry to the EoSFL) and they’d be well placed in every regard for licensing purposes other than floodlights. Hopefully that would then be something they could work towards – for example, membership of a Senior league (EoSFL) means there is access to larger ground improvement grants from the Scottish Football Partnership than if they were to remain in Junior football…..and the EoSFL themselves provide modest grant aid for ground improvements too.

I genuinely think that for Fauldhouse, and for Bathgate, a move to the East of Scotland Football League is absolutely the right thing to do in every regard. Should they do so, others from West Lothian would surely follow?

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

The problem with a lot of teams in people are too obsessed by the gRade. Bathgate committee don't seem to want it to grow. We had to get new committee in to make the step our previous committees wouldn't have taken. Unfortunately our committee had to do it the hard way and it's looking like a lot of teaMs are the same

Ultimately it will be down to each individual club to decide, but what they need to do is look further than next season, they need to decide where they want the club to be in 5 or 10 years time and beyond.

What they shouldn't be doing is placing the survival of the "grade" as a higher priority than the well being of the club itself.

Some clubs will, many wont.

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Ultimately it will be down to each individual club to decide, but what they need to do is look further than next season, they need to decide where they want the club to be in 5 or 10 years time and beyond.

What they shouldn't be doing is placing the survival of the "grade" as a higher priority than the well being of the club itself.

Its another point because it looks like ersjfa is going to be season to season in what its going to look like. Dispite all the bullshit from the Junior side saying teams are coming back. Noone is coming back. Everyone that has went so far and I have to include Glenrothes here is looking to the future because their is a future. ERSJFA is going to be season to season. 

Their was said to be an amateur team becoming bo'ness and a linlithgow team yet I have yet to see anything about a Linlinlithgow team anywhere. I;m not sure whether its a confusion as its a Linlithgow team that is becoming Bo'ness United so Fife and lothians association is at 16 plus potentially boness. Its not great.

4 hours ago, Sidney Lumet said:

I've said exactly this a couple of times on these threads - it'll take just one or two West Lothian Clubs and one or two Fife clubs to clearly see that their future is best served in the Seniors to set the others thinking .

I understand that Pumpherston have what you might call a watching brief as to what they might do dependent on ERSJFA restructuring for next season. Whatever that restructuring is, there doesn't seem to be enough teams left to make it attractive so they could and should be a club that grasps the opportunity to forge their own future and make decision based on what is best for them. Hopefully they see that future being best served as part of a blossoming EoSFL.

You may be correct and maybe not

7 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I've said exactly this a couple of times on these threads - it'll take just one or two West Lothian Clubs and one or two Fife clubs to clearly see that their future is best served in the Seniors to set the others thinking .

I understand that Pumpherston have what you might call a watching brief as to what they might do dependent on ERSJFA restructuring for next season. Whatever that restructuring is, there doesn't seem to be enough teams left to make it attractive so they could and should be a club that grasps the opportunity to forge their own future and make decision based on what is best for them. Hopefully they see that future being best served as part of a blossoming EoSFL.

They are facing the effect that ERSJFA don't vote for reconstruction in the summer and the status quo prevails and then they are left

Archived