Would you like to see your club join the Pyramid?

amigan

Pyramid Yes or No  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Every junior team is already in a pyramid, and knows about promotion/relegation. The simple question (for those in the west anyway) is do you want to align your rules with the senior leagues, and have a chance of promotion if you win the West Premiership.

I don't have a junior team, but I would like all the Fife junior and senior teams to come together as one big happy family.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a related question (aimed at those who said yes). If push came to shove (if for example the PWG negotiations failed) and access to the pyramid would mean joining a new league i.e. a new 'senior' West of Scotland League (or joining the EOS in the case of east based clubs)  would you still want your club to do it? Personally I'd want my club to do so.

As a related question (aimed at those who said yes). If push came to shove (if for example the PWG negotiations failed) and access to the pyramid would mean joining a new league i.e. a new 'senior' West of Scotland League (or joining the EOS in the case of east based clubs)  would you still want your club to do it? Personally I'd want my club to do so.

Yes but the question for me is, are there people willing to run it? East Region have offered to help set it up but not run it (unless that’s changed recently) so it would require people willing to give up their time. That for me is a big question that needs answered.

Other than reinstatement and discipline what other rule changes are there for junior clubs. I can’t think of many off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

I think the whole thing is a wee bit over thought  -in simple terms for me is that if our Club are good enough to be promoted then we play in whatever league that takes us too we turn up and give it a go.

Not fussed what the grade is called!!

Probably one of the most sensible posts I've seen on P&B!

16 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Yes but the question for me is, are there people willing to run it? East Region have offered to help set it up but not run it (unless that’s changed recently) so it would require people willing to give up their time. That for me is a big question that needs answered.

Other than reinstatement and discipline what other rule changes are there for junior clubs. I can’t think of many off the top of my head.

Presumably Clydebank would be in this west senior league, so their West Region president could do a similar job for the new league. Same with any other clubs who have WR officials.

The LL/EOS fixtures man might be able to help, especially if it's only a single division so not as much work. I assume clubs in a west senior league would join the South Challenge Cup, so they'd need to work around those dates anyway.

21 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

So everyone who doesn't agree with you is brainless. The pyramiders should adopt that as a campaign slogan as going by the number of likes your post got it appeals to the intellectual masses.

If you dont move what are you going to be left with?  A weakend team, as all the best players have gone with the better league in the pyramid,  playing in what will essentially be an Ams league with zero chance of progression - you'd have to be brainless to want that rather than for your club to reach its maximum potential. 

Sorry, who's being brainless now. Not wanting the juniors to join the pyramid, and refusing to go with the majority are two different things.

Ive said all along I dont think the SJFA should be moving en masse, its clearly something that people feel strongly about and for whatever reason it’s entirely up to each individual club. If say 40 clubs around Scotland want to stay junior then no one should give them any hassle for that.

Ive said all along I dont think the SJFA should be moving en masse, its clearly something that people feel strongly about and for whatever reason it’s entirely up to each individual club. If say 40 clubs around Scotland want to stay junior then no one should give them any hassle for that.
I agree and fundamentally don't feel too strongly one way or another. However when someone (the OP) asks a yes or no question and others call everyone who doesn't agree with them BRAINLESS then it's difficult not to respond.

I'm in agreement with this. Plus with how the PWG seems to be going it seems it'll be a case of clubs leaving the sjfa if they want into the pyramid.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think given the choice and a couple bigger hitters deciding not to move etc that a lot of those would change their mind.

I dunno - look at last year in the East...Linlithgow and Bo'ness, two of the traditional big hitters were two  of the last to make up their minds. It's understandable that some of the bigger names will be the ones most satisfied with the status quo - they're winning something most years and perhaps don't see any need for change. Like last year, it may be when the bigger clubs eventually realise they're going to be left with hardly anyone to play that they take the plunge...don't forget it was little Dalkeith Thistle that started it all off out East...

In a case where there will be no orderly transition, another driver in many cases will be clubs waiting for their traditional rivals to blink first...for example if Pollok go, I'm sure Arthurlie will be away too before long and vice versa. Same deal with Kilwinning and Medda...if either of those two go, chances are the other one would follow along with the likes of Largs and Troon more than likely.

I really hope it doesn't have to happen that way though.

I'm a reluctant yes.

The Scottish Junior cup is by far & away the most prestigious non-league trophy and would be a huge loss.

I'm coming round to yes on the pragmatic grounds of what I think is likely to happen in the west.

If several of the larger, better supported sides opt to go, and that's what I'm anticipating, could we afford to be left behind 

Archived