Hearts v St Johnstone, 26/01/19

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Imagine acting the c**t like this before the game and then seeing your team turn in the most pathetic performance I've seen at Tynecastle all season.  I think you had one shot all game from 35 yards which went into the stand. :lol:

7 games against St Johnstone for Craig the Clown, 5 wins and 2 draws.

Tbf that's not how we usually play, one of the worst performances I've seen from us this season.

At least we've got a nice and easy double header against Celtic coming up to bounce back :unsure:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf that's not how we usually play, one of the worst performances I've seen from us this season.

At least we've got a nice and easy double header against Celtic coming up to bounce back :unsure:

Callachan and Craig must be like Xavi and Iniesta every time I don't watch them.

I thought it was a terrific pass for the second goal. So often that would be played behind or too wide at that stage but the weight and direction made it harder to miss.

I don't mind us going to a back three from time to time but you need a more attacking option as one of your midfield options. I don't think Callaghan or Davidson are anywhere good enough on the ball to be that option.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Callachan and Craig must be like Xavi and Iniesta every time I don't watch them.

They've been fine, for us, tbh. Callachan was a monster against Dundee.

They won't control games like Djoum but aren't usually as passive as they were today. Callachan looks lost in the role he played today, exactly as he looked when he played the same role on Wednesday. I think we tried to go toe to toe with Hearts in the middle but your players all better on the ball under pressure and quicker at getting around the park. Weaknesses were the flanks and it took us too long to exploit that.

Wrong set up. Should have changed it earlier. We need to get our good footballing players playing more of the time. In that scenario today we should have gone out with the intent of winning it and if we were being pressured too much change it up and go more defensive. Starting the other way round means we’re inevitably under pressure from the word go and we just couldn’t get the ball down and moving at all.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They've been fine, for us, tbh. Callachan was a monster against Dundee.

They won't control games like Djoum but aren't usually as passive as they were today. Callachan looks lost in the role he played today, exactly as he looked when he played the same role on Wednesday. I think we tried to go toe to toe with Hearts in the middle but your players all better on the ball under pressure and quicker at getting around the park. Weaknesses were the flanks and it took us too long to exploit that.

A relief to know our current midfielders are better than Ross Callachan.

Very solid performance from us without being spectacular. As much as I'm a Levein critic, he got it right today; we were comfortable at the back and created chances going forward (although I'd like to have seen more). 

Naismith once again showed how much we miss him when he's out.  11 wins in 14 games when he's played and 1 win in 9 when he hasn't says it all.

Looking forward to Haring and Uche returning in the next few weeks to get the title challenge fully back on track.

We definitely didn’t see St Johnstone at their best today, but it’s still a really good result for us. I’m so happy for Godinho an Morrison to get their first goals for the club, Morrison’s has definitely been coming and Godinho’s was unexpected but happy for them none of the less. 

7 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Naismith once again showed how much we miss him when he's out.  11 wins in 14 games when he's played and 1 win in 9 when he hasn't says it all.

Not surprised by that. Thought he looked done when I saw him last season but he's been very good both games at Tynecastle this one.

I thought Hearts played really well, was impressed by them.  We didn't get to grip with their system at all and a day where the only positive for Saints was that it was only two goals.

Well done to Hearts and no need to worry for Saints, only Celtic Park next up...

Talking about diddy mentality, 87 minutes in, at home and only 1-0 up, and Hearts get a corner.
One player in the box and play it short :lol:

This is confusing

If anything Hearts were being overly professional in running the clock down. That kind of criticism I would understand

Are you suggesting St Johnstone aren’t the kind of opposition we should be respecting and taking seriously?

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

3-5-2 with Mulraney at wing back and no proper striker playing.  f**k me.

Shows what I know.  

Very, very comfortable for us.  Thought we played well enough first half without being great, much better second and managed the game well.  Disappointed in St Johnstone, can't mind a meaningful chance from them.

Watching Foster shouting at the ball attendant in the dying minute of the game like a wanna be hard man made me laugh and even more so as he couldn’t get off the pitch quick enough at the final whistle. Oh and what’s happened to st Johnstone they used to be our bogey team .

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is confusing

If anything Hearts were being overly professional in running the clock down. That kind of criticism I would understand

Are you suggesting St Johnstone aren’t the kind of opposition we should be respecting and taking seriously?

I was bitterly seething by that point, the.

31 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is confusing

I wouldn’t mind us holding the ball at the corner flag - if we could actually do it ! Need big Uche back for that nonsense. He could shield it in the corner from about the 60th minute until full time.

What a shocker that result in midweek was. QLFMjQU.png

Would have been five wins on the bounce with an even more interesting looking table ahead of the Killie game next Friday, but no. bQshDtu.png

Just have to hope that Naismith, Haring and Uche can carry us on a cup run and see what happens.

Archived