St Mirren vs Hibernian

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these Dundee/St Mirren/Hamilton fans might want to reconsider cheering for us to bash their relegation-dodger rivals. We've been on a steady downward trajectory from 2nd to 8th since September - and that's all *before* we lost two - maybe three - of our best players, and the manager, and chucked the last 3 days of the transfer window in the bin, with at least 3 major gaps in the squad left to fill.

Every indication is that we're going to be the guys you want smashed to help keep you out of relegation, is all I'm saying

17 hours ago, Gbud84 said:

The chance to go 10th should be a massive incentive for the players tomorrow. Pretty sure it was the same scenario before we played Hamilton at home though and we all know how that ended up.

I'd like to see Ferdinand back in tomorrow beside Popescu and also McAllister and Dryer start on either wing. It could be the first time this season we've played with genuine wingers rather than full backs and forwards  filling in there or a past it Ryan Flynn or worse of all , a not very good Ryan Edwards.

Absolutely no point though if we're just lumping balls up the park to Jackson. 

I always find it strange that Baird is invariably the centre half who folk want dropped for players we've not seen much of. Baird has his limitations but he's been our most consistent centre half this season (not a particularly high bar admittedly). 

I agree about McAllister, I hope he starts. There's possibly an argument that he'd have more impact off the bench but the boy is a class act and has more guile than anyone else in the squad.

I was dreading this game after Wednesday night, maybe blind optimism but I think that we've got a chance of taking 3 points.

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I always find it strange that Baird is invariably the centre half who folk want dropped for players we've not seen much of. Baird has his limitations but he's been our most consistent centre half this season (not a particularly high bar admittedly). 

I agree about McAllister, I hope he starts. There's possibly an argument that he'd have more impact off the bench but the boy is a class act and has more guile than anyone else in the squad.

I was dreading this game after Wednesday night, maybe blind optimism but I think that we've got a chance of taking 3 points.

Yeah I get what your saying,  it's a toss up between the 2 tbh  but I don't think we've been making any signings this window with the expectation that any of them will be sitting on the bench right enough. 

Would you keep stick with Baird and Popescu today?

3 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Yeah I get what your saying,  it's a toss up between the 2 tbh  but I don't think we've been making any signings this window with the expectation that any of them will be sitting on the bench right enough. 

Would you keep stick with Baird and Popescu today?

Fair point. I imagine he's been signed to play.

I'm not really sure to be honest, I like Ferdinand as I think he reads the game well and is a calming influence, and Baird is a better player with Ferdinand playing. I can't see us playing a three at the back either now that we have 2 out and out wingers in the squad. 

I'd probably lump for Ferdinand and Baird, I'm basing that on the fact that I've seen much more of both so know what we'd be getting. 

I'm looking forward to seeing us play with a bit of width in the team. Having guys willing to take people on for a change and not just looking to get rid of the ball first chance we get should make a difference . Hopefully we get a decent target man to play up top in the next week to feed off Dryer and McA 

13 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing us play with a bit of width in the team. Having guys willing to take people on for a change and not just looking to get rid of the ball first chance we get should make a difference . Hopefully we get a decent target man to play up top in the next week to feed off Dryer and McA 

Yeah, I've bemoaned our lack of pace all season. We must have been the slowest team in the league, last year we had Morgan and Reilly who were both quite explosive, this season we've been pedestrian at best.

Hopefully Dreyer can make a real difference in that area.

Archived