Queen's Park Vs Berwick Rangers

We're obviously not a "very good" team. The league table doesn't lie. On our day, we can turn in excellent performances and give anyone in the league a game. I suspect we'll be excellent again and I also suspect we'll be shite again. Galt is class and Gow is looking like a player who has played at a level in the past couple of games. Hopefully that can help on this consistency front. 

However, if you can't get carried away when you score seven (going on double figures) then I'd suggest that football might not be the sport for you. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope our defence gets a bit closer to the opposition when we play Sevco on Wednesday. Marking was shocking. It was just like watching a game between two teams at least a few leagues apart.

Disappointing lack of hat-tricks in that game. A Roberts header would have been, obviously, perfect.

Given he lost four teeth the last time he went for a header, we'll forgive him for not completing his hat trick that way.

You won't see too many players at this level who can biff the ball like that with both feet.

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Berwick are one of the best teams we’ve played. They just look poor due to our Barcamadrid City moves.

The beauty of 2nd division football is it’s never easy to predict results and no matter who your team is, winning like you did on Saturday doesn’t happen every week. I’m Old enough to remember a 6-0 howking we gave you  at Shielfield and the infamous 4-1 at Hampden with a Darren Smith wonder goal when we were written off by everyone,  what goes around comes around . With a bit of luck and a little  help From Rovers the banter will keep flowing between  us.  Now feck  off and rustle them sweetie wrappers 

06F87F58-7C43-45F6-8880-EF19C9FE8996.gif

2 hours ago, dougster said:

The beauty of 2nd division football is it’s never easy to predict results and no matter who your team is, winning like you did on Saturday doesn’t happen every week. I’m Old enough to remember a 6-0 howking we gave you  at Shielfield and the infamous 4-1 at Hampden with a Darren Smith wonder goal when we were written off by everyone,  what goes around comes around . With a bit of luck and a little  help From Rovers the banter will keep flowing between  us.  Now feck  off and rustle them sweetie wrappers 

Aye, that was a good goal, especially as our guys were actualy trying to tackle. 

Enjoying a wee butterscotch at the moment, Keillor's of course, and I've a daud of Puff Candy in the bread bin for later;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2019 at 15:13, dougster said:

I’m Old enough to remember a 6-0 howking we gave you  at Shielfield and the infamous 4-1 at Hampden with a Darren Smith wonder goal when we were written off by everyone,  

I remember both games well

We went into the Hampden game 14 games unbeaten from the start of the season, miles clear at the top

Still, it all ended well for us that season I seem to recall  :guinness

Archived