Queen's Park Vs Berwick Rangers

16 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Cheers DP.  Not a single bit of that surprises me, (except that Willis, one of our most experienced players, sails under the radar.) 

Some players are not good enough, some have the backbone of a jellyfish, some are both. There is no sign at all that this squad can compete with Annan next week. 

Willis worked hard until the second goal went in then did his Houdini disappearing act. He was taken off at HT when the keeper was sent off. I like Willis but he is the founding member of the jellyfish backbone club. 

He did have a go at Wilson for his part in conceding the penalty. 

I am terrified for next week and beyond. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Fairly comprehensive and accurate summary of the game DP, but curiously you completely omit any mention of arguably the biggest incident of the day - your being reduced to 10 men by an off-field incident. Yes you were three-nil down at half time, but it had taken a penalty, followed by a 25 worldie, followed by a 35 yard "galaxy" to get us there. Don't you think your pitiful second half performance was largely influenced by not only being a man down but by the completely unnecessary altercation that led to that outcome?

Of course but I don’t know the facts or what exactly happened that made the ref show him the red, so didn’t comment. 

At 3-0 it could be seen as the easy way out. 

If im being honest id given up by that stage. Not sure it made a massive difference. 

7 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Not sure it made a massive difference. 

Sorry DP but can't agree with you on that one. Yes your guys were poor in the first half, particularly at not pressing high up the field and giving us all the time in the world to play out from the back, but I think anyone who's played for any team even at the lowest Sunday league level would concede that there's nothing worse than having one of your own players sent off for an off the field incident whatever its nature, especially as you are heading for the dressing rooms at half time. You are angry with the way you've all played in the first half and are ready to channel that frustration into a more positive second have display, when you suddenly find out that you've just lost your goalkeeper. Surely you would agree that that has to make a bad situation worse, and makes the manager's job of lifting morale nigh impossible?

The thing was that you could see the potential was there. He was the loudest complainer when the penalty was awarded, and then began moaning away at Mortimer when he was fouled at the edge of the area, and continued chirping away at the ref long after that incident. I don't know whether that was out of character for him or not, but he let you guys down today and I'm just surprised that none of you have been having a go at him on here.

17 minutes ago, The Spider said:

I'm just surprised that none of you have been having a go at him on here.

Given the lack of context on what happened inside the tunnel, I'd rather hold off judgment until we know more. Still, it's difficult to think of a good reason to get sent off at half-time.

29 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Sorry DP but can't agree with you on that one. Yes your guys were poor in the first half, particularly at not pressing high up the field and giving us all the time in the world to play out from the back, but I think anyone who's played for any team even at the lowest Sunday league level would concede that there's nothing worse than having one of your own players sent off for an off the field incident whatever its nature, especially as you are heading for the dressing rooms at half time. You are angry with the way you've all played in the first half and are ready to channel that frustration into a more positive second have display, when you suddenly find out that you've just lost your goalkeeper. Surely you would agree that that has to make a bad situation worse, and makes the manager's job of lifting morale nigh impossible?

The thing was that you could see the potential was there. He was the loudest complainer when the penalty was awarded, and then began moaning away at Mortimer when he was fouled at the edge of the area, and continued chirping away at the ref long after that incident. I don't know whether that was out of character for him or not, but he let you guys down today and I'm just surprised that none of you have been having a go at him on here.

You make some very fair points.  If it was for a head butt, that would be deemed as violent conduct and a three match ban. 

Given Mcilduff only got a yellow for giving the ref a volley, I presume the red was for something far more serious. 

Will let Berwick fans pick apart their performance. That's not something we can control. From start to finish we were absolutely magnificent. The passing, the movement, some of the absolutely obscene strikes. Struggling to remember a more enjoyable 90 minutes. We looked like we were going to score every time we attacked. 

Kurtis Roberts' goals were off the scale. The technique for the first one, in particular, was top class. You could pick out any player on the park for praise. Galt, Gow, Roberts and McLean were particularly good. It's shame they're all going miss the rest of the season after being jailed for what they did to the Berwick defence. Looking forward to seeing the Galt goal set up by Gow. I'm nearly certain Gow was carrying a glass of red and smoking a cigar as he walked through the defence, although it's possible that I could be mistaken. 

An absolutely glorious afternoon. Would highly recommend on TripAdvisor. 

****WARNING - If you’re easily offended stop reading *****

Started with a 4-2-3-1 formation although Hume ghosted between a defensive midfielder and central defender. A lovely through ball by Brown released Barr and he failed to get either a cross or shot away. Then Mcilduff crossed for Healy but he headed straight at the keeper. After a bright opening 5 mins the remaining 85 were painful.
Mcilduff produced a superb diving block to keep the scores level. It wasn’t long before the first goal appeared. Wilson caught sleeping,  Gow around his blind side, clatter, penalty. Stone wall, no arguments.
Hume failed to close his man and QP score a worldly to make it two. The reaction from our players at this point was fuckin embarrassing. Brown losing the ball and jogging back, basically not giving a f**k. Knox playing like a 9yo kid. Hume just disgracing himself. Wilson getting turned inside out and Barr never involved.
We then swapped to 5 at the back and were even worse in the centre of the park.
Further goals followed before we got a late consolation. 
Every single QP cross into our box resulted in a free header, one hitting the post and others scrambled clear. 
There was no organisation whatsoever at the back or anywhere else on the pitch. Hume and Wilson are not good enough, pure and fuckin simple. Releasing Todd without a better replacement coming in wasn’t the best move. He’s in at Cowdenbeath with both Stenhousemuir and Forfar sniffing about yet deemed not good enough for a side 9th in div two. Mcilduff was the only player to earn a mark higher than 3, maybe Orru who did well second half playing on the left of midfield deserves credit. 
Phillips had a poor season prior to his departure but actually had his best game against Clyde playing as a holding midfielder. We are now weaker in that area with Dec injured. 
We have too many EOS standard players and look a poor EOS team right now. Forget Penicuik, Bonnyrigg and Nitten, we need established league players in before the window closes or its goodnight. Our new signing Adamson appeared on 63 mins and failed to touch the ball !!!
Today was actually much worse than the 9-2 defeat at Peterhead. It hurt badly sitting watching that absolute pish but I’ll still be there next week cheering us on.  
Congratulations to QP. Galt, Gow and Hawke tore our incompetant defence to shreds, while the search party is still looking for our midfield.  

Think you'll find that Harvey takes Hume everywhere he goes, oh and he's Harvey's brother in law ????

Considering the End was nigh just 2 weeks ago the last 2 games have been astonishing. A huge thanks to the players, coaches and everyone even remotely attached to what happened yesterday. And with a healthy squad and selection options improving things can only get better. Very tough month coming up but confidence is sky high. Simply superb day.

With so much unwanted hot air, floating is unsurprising. Overpriced at tuppence.
Obviously its "unwanted" on your part but not "unjustified".
I questioned the signings on the Berwick thread and think I even used the term " EOS Dugmeat" which I was rightly "dug" up about the phrase i used (possibly by Dutch??) and subsequently half apologised for, since i hadn't seen the lads play.
But any team who signs 3 and 4 players from the one EOS team pre season is asking for trouble IMO.
I'm well aware there's a few guys scattered around at that level who could make the step up, but 1/4 of f*cking Musselburgh Athletic.
Anyway, enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Absolutely brilliant. From zeros to heroes in the space of a couple of weeks. That's the most goals I've ever seen Queen's Park score in  more than half a century of following the club. Delighted not only with the goals but also in the manner we passed the ball around and through the Berwick defence. No shelling of long, "hopeful" balls up the park. David Galt is back and all is right with the world once more. Alan Gow's standing ovation, Kurtis Roberts' two thunderbolts, and just the whole team - superb. A great afternoon.

13 hours ago, The Spider said:

Allison was given two yellow cards after an altercation with a QP player, both as bad as each other.

The board have backed the manager with funds but it’s proving a very hard window to get players with transfer fees also wanted.  One of the Jan targets picked up the MOTM trophy yesterday for a League One side. 

As I’ve said before, I support the board, I definitely support the manager and despite a rant after yesterday, support the players,  let’s stay together and hopefully get over the line.

Yesterday’s out the way, a chance for everyone to correct a few wrongs over the next few weeks. 

Its clear people have an agenda against the manager and I don’t like or agree with that. 

Lets get a bus full for Albion away and support the boys. 

What a turnaround from about a month ago when we looked totally lost.  Roberts took a real gamble last week when he had run out of options at the back and it's paid off in spades.  James Grant probably needed a rest after a superb start to the season, but I'm particularly pleased for his replacement, Billy Mortimer, who knocks his pan in but doesn't often get anywhere despite his efforts.  And the Berwick right back will be waking up in sweats after being absolutely crucified by Scott McLean.

We were superb right throughout the team and so far ahead of Berwick in every department.  Three of the first four goals are reasonable shouts for goal of the season; two outrageous strikes by Kurtis and a great team effort resulting in Galt scoring.  What a joy to have the guy back; his close control is sublime.

Ten points behind fourth place, so a lot to make up if we are to challenge for the last play off place.  That said, if I can see this sort of stuff every week, I'm almost not bothered!  This is what you pay your cash for.

I might stay sober pre-match next week to make sure I soak up all the silky soccer.

What a turnaround from about a month ago when we looked totally lost.  Roberts took a real gamble last week when he had run out of options at the back and it's paid off in spades.  James Grant probably needed a rest after a superb start to the season, but I'm particularly pleased for his replacement, Billy Mortimer, who knocks his pan in but doesn't often get anywhere despite his efforts.  And the Berwick right back will be waking up in sweats after being absolutely crucified by Scott McLean.
We were superb right throughout the team and so far ahead of Berwick in every department.  Three of the first four goals are reasonable shouts for goal of the season; two outrageous strikes by Kurtis and a great team effort resulting in Galt scoring.  What a joy to have the guy back; his close control is sublime.
Ten points behind fourth place, so a lot to make up if we are to challenge for the last play off place.  That said, if I can see this sort of stuff every week, I'm almost not bothered!  This is what you pay your cash for.
I might stay sober pre-match next week to make sure I soak up all the silky soccer.

Great post right up to the last para. Then it got ridiculous[emoji23]

2 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Allison was given two yellow cards after an altercation with a QP player, both as bad as each other.

The board have backed the manager with funds but it’s proving a very hard window to get players with transfer fees also wanted.  One of the Jan targets picked up the MOTM trophy yesterday for a League One side. 

As I’ve said before, I support the board, I definitely support the manager and despite a rant after yesterday, support the players,  let’s stay together and hopefully get over the line.

Yesterday’s out the way, a chance for everyone to correct a few wrongs over the next few weeks. 

Its clear people have an agenda against the manager and I don’t like or agree with that. 

It’s proving hard to attract players?? The manger has brought in 7 players? Nothing to do with the fact, excluding Barr, none of them are good enough. Surely if you bring players in it’s to improve and bolster the squad. Allison, Hume, Forbes, Knox, and the lad from raith all quite simply not good enough! Simple as that. That isn’t down to boards, financial anything other than the manager. Are they an improvement on what we already have/had, we didn’t have a right back so ok maybe Forbes is an improvement but the rest are not! 

2 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

It’s all just lame excuses now. Surely even you as a huge Jonny admirer Craig would admit that if we suffer another defeat next week it’s time to part ways and bring in somebody to steady the ship and ensure teams don’t walk over us week in week out. 

Archived