Queen's Park Vs Berwick Rangers

9 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

It’s all just lame excuses now. Surely even you as a huge Jonny admirer Craig would admit that if we suffer another defeat next week it’s time to part ways and bring in somebody to steady the ship and ensure teams don’t walk over us week in week out. 

I don’t see replacing another manager as the best solution so I don’t agree.

Allison blotted his copybook yesterday at HT but he’s been good. Forbes has done well. Knox is a quality player I’ve seen a fair bit of and delighted when he joined. He is suffering in a team lacking in confidence but get him on the ball and firing and he’ll make things happen. Barr has been great. Seen 10 mins of Valentine so impossible to judge and Adamson came on in an impossible situation yesterday. I’ll be honest, I think Hume is short of the standard required.

We matched the wanted transfer fee for a div 1 player last week but he chose to stay at a higher level and got MOTM yesterday. Johnny like Robbie and previous managers knows the type required but can’t get them through the door. Attracting players is a massive problem for the club not the manager. Players are a different breed to what they used to be at this level. 

There are players that would undoubtably strengthen our team right now that are on the radar but aren’t available until the summer. Yesterday’s result will also make it harder to get deals done. 

Johnny is honest and open, not hiding anything and working his bollocks off to improve the situation. It would be easy to curl up and concede but he’s right back at it this morning trying to get players in. Come and meet him, have a chat. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

I don’t see replacing another manager as the best solution so I don’t agree.

Allison blotted his copybook yesterday at HT but he’s been good. Forbes has done well. Knox is a quality player I’ve seen a fair bit of and delighted when he joined. He is suffering in a team lacking in confidence but get him on the ball and firing and he’ll make things happen. Barr has been great. Seen 10 mins of Valentine so impossible to judge and Adamson came on in an impossible situation yesterday. I’ll be honest, I think Hume is short of the standard required.

We matched the wanted transfer fee for a div 1 player last week but he chose to stay at a higher level and got MOTM yesterday. Johnny like Robbie and previous managers knows the type required but can’t get them through the door. Attracting players is a massive problem for the club not the manager. Players are a different breed to what they used to be at this level. 

There are players that would undoubtably strengthen our team right now that are on the radar but aren’t available until the summer. Yesterday’s result will also make it harder to get deals done. 

Johnny is honest and open, not hiding anything and working his bollocks off to improve the situation. It would be easy to curl up and concede but he’s right back at it this morning trying to get players in. Come and meet him, have a chat. 

We matched a transfer fee, is that something to be applauded. Of course Munro was going to choose stenhousemuir over Berwick, even if both teams were in league 2. It’s just all excuses now, last few weeks it’s been because the teams we’ve been up against have bigger budgets. Now after a 7-1 defeat it’s because we can’t attract players. Nothing to do with the fact the managers very first thing to do as manager was to recruit 4 players from a bang avaerage Penicuik side. Except Barr none of them where either required or are good enough! there is 11 players make up a team, SIX of them playing yesterday where players Jonny has brought in. 

I understand you obviously have an influence on the board and where very vocal in Johnnys appointment but everyone makes mistakes. If next week is a complete whitewash again I think it’s time to hold your hands up. 

4 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

We matched a transfer fee, is that something to be applauded. Of course Munro was going to choose stenhousemuir over Berwick, even if both teams were in league 2. It’s just all excuses now, last few weeks it’s been because the teams we’ve been up against have bigger budgets. Now after a 7-1 defeat it’s because we can’t attract players. Nothing to do with the fact the managers very first thing to do as manager was to recruit 4 players from a bang avaerage Penicuik side. Except Barr none of them where either required or are good enough! there is 11 players make up a team, SIX of them playing yesterday where players Jonny has brought in. 

I understand you obviously have an influence on the board and where very vocal in Johnnys appointment but everyone makes mistakes. If next week is a complete whitewash again I think it’s time to hold your hands up. 

Influence on the board , no.

vocal in appointment, thought he was best man for job as suggested on here before you joined. It’s a forum for fans. 

Youre here to cause trouble and not even a Berwick fan, away and crawl back under your stone. 

11 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Influence on the board , no.

vocal in appointment, thought he was best man for job as suggested on here before you joined. It’s a forum for fans. 

Youre here to cause trouble and not even a Berwick fan, away and crawl back under your stone. 

I’ve probably attended a lot more Berwick games this season than yourself sir, with exception of Peterhead and Elgin I’ve made every away game and about 85% home games. 

I just belive this manager is far out his depth and worried about the existence of this club if we do go down which is a great possibility. 

I’ve probably attended a lot more Berwick games this season than yourself sir, with exception of Peterhead and Elgin I’ve made every away game and about 85% home games. 
I just belive this manager is far out his depth and worried about the existence of this club if we do go down which is a great possibility. 
I agree with DP, sack the manager is reactionary nonsense. Equally his assessment of the players is balanced and sensible; unlike your 'Knox isn't good enough'. He's only been here 5 minutes; very unfair and lacking foundation. No doubt your virtuous Cowden chums agree with you.

Whether the manager is out of his depth will become clear, and you may end up being spot on.

Who would you bring in that would stabilise, galvanize and improve? I'd really hope you're not suggesting removal without a plan, that wouldn't be terribly logical. Mmm; that said, I see a trend.

The same bang average Penicuik side that beat you 4-1 a few weeks after you appointed Johnny? [emoji6]

1 hour ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

The same bang average Penicuik side that beat you 4-1 a few weeks after you appointed Johnny? emoji6.png

Probably explains a lot considering we beat you earlier in the season under horne with a side made up of mostly youth players and trialists and the Penicuik team had 4 players in it who now represent us on a Saturday! 

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

I agree with DP, sack the manager is reactionary nonsense. Equally his assessment of the players is balanced and sensible; unlike your 'Knox isn't good enough'. He's only been here 5 minutes; very unfair and lacking foundation. No doubt your virtuous Cowden chums agree with you.

Whether the manager is out of his depth will become clear, and you may end up being spot on.

Who would you bring in that would stabilise, galvanize and improve? I'd really hope you're not suggesting removal without a plan, that wouldn't be terribly logical. Mmm; that said, I see a trend.

I think my biggest argument regarding sacking the manager is that we have quite clearly became worse under his guidance and that it is very realistic we could end up in the play offs. So personally I don’t think it’s drastic I think it’s in the best interests of our club, who will be no longer in 5 years time if we are relegated.

I think my biggest argument regarding sacking the manager is that we have quite clearly became worse under his guidance and that it is very realistic we could end up in the play offs. So personally I don’t think it’s drastic I think it’s in the best interests of our club, who will be no longer in 5 years time if we are relegated.
I know you want the manager gone, I also know you want our club to progress as much, if not more, than I do. Let's move off this thread. It's boring the pants off the majority of QP fans, or giving oxygen to the obnoxious minority.

Maybe you're right. Maybe you're a "really good team". Maybe really good teams always sit 3rd from bottom.
"You're only as good as your last result." etc etc. It was feckin brilliant to watch, 3rd bottom or not. Watch the goals on the highlights.

"You're only as good as your last result." etc etc. It was feckin brilliant to watch, 3rd bottom or not. Watch the goals on the highlights.
I've seen them. A couple were superb. Think I prefer the first screamer to the second (although the second is an absolute thunderb*****d, we seem to be hilariously absent of any kind of central midfield). Pretty much all the others are consequences of tinpot defending of the highest order. Every corner and cross may as well have been a penalty kick such is the freedom we allow. It's a good result for you, no doubt, but to declare yourself a really good team while sitting below shite like Cowden and having only slapped a side as bad as us is near delusional.

34 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:
39 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I've seen them. A couple were superb. Think I prefer the first screamer to the second (although the second is an absolute thunderb*****d, we seem to be hilariously absent of any kind of central midfield). Pretty much all the others are consequences of tinpot defending of the highest order. Every corner and cross may as well have been a penalty kick such is the freedom we allow. It's a good result for you, no doubt, but to declare yourself a really good team while sitting below shite like Cowden and having only slapped a side as bad as us is near delusional.

Would it not be best for us to sit back let them have their day we got fucking gubbed your slagging of other teams like cowden. Seriously wonder 

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Maybe you're right. Maybe you're a "really good team". Maybe really good teams always sit 3rd from bottom.

You may not be that far wrong mate, but if it were me I'd be taking every opportunity to praise any team that puts seven past you. Convincing your good friends from Cowdenbeath that we are actually only marginally less pish than you ain't doing yourselves any favours. Just saying.

Archived