Queen's Park Vs Berwick Rangers

58 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Apparently the Berwick keeper tried to head butt Jordan Hart in the tunnel at half time.

Where did you hear that JT - presumably from one of the players afterwards? If that's the case I'd love to know what Jordan's line was that sent him OTT. To be fair the guy had clearly lost it towards the end of the first half and was screaming abuse at the stand-side linesman at one point, so it would only have needed a single spark to light the blue touch paper.

As for the game itself,  when Kurtis Roberts scored his first I thought, "there's goal of the season right there" but it only took another 10 minutes to prove me wrong. Take a bow young man!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

FTFY

Don't alter my words to the opposite of what I said.  They don't deserve this, they're a good bunch.  Cowden fans didn't deserve the nightmare they went through either,  despite you being one of them.

****WARNING - If you’re easily offended stop reading *****

Started with a 4-2-3-1 formation although Hume ghosted between a defensive midfielder and central defender. A lovely through ball by Brown released Barr and he failed to get either a cross or shot away. Then Mcilduff crossed for Healy but he headed straight at the keeper. After a bright opening 5 mins the remaining 85 were painful.

Mcilduff produced a superb diving block to keep the scores level. It wasn’t long before the first goal appeared. Wilson caught sleeping,  Gow around his blind side, clatter, penalty. Stone wall, no arguments.

Hume failed to close his man and QP score a worldly to make it two. The reaction from our players at this point was fuckin embarrassing. Brown losing the ball and jogging back, basically not giving a f**k. Knox playing like a 9yo kid. Hume just disgracing himself. Wilson getting turned inside out and Barr never involved.

We then swapped to 5 at the back and were even worse in the centre of the park.

Further goals followed before we got a late consolation. 

Every single QP cross into our box resulted in a free header, one hitting the post and others scrambled clear. 

There was no organisation whatsoever at the back or anywhere else on the pitch. Hume and Wilson are not good enough, pure and fuckin simple. Releasing Todd without a better replacement coming in wasn’t the best move. He’s in at Cowdenbeath with both Stenhousemuir and Forfar sniffing about yet deemed not good enough for a side 9th in div two. Mcilduff was the only player to earn a mark higher than 3, maybe Orru who did well second half playing on the left of midfield deserves credit. 

Phillips had a poor season prior to his departure but actually had his best game against Clyde playing as a holding midfielder. We are now weaker in that area with Dec injured. 

We have too many EOS standard players and look a poor EOS team right now. Forget Penicuik, Bonnyrigg and Nitten, we need established league players in before the window closes or its goodnight. Our new signing Adamson appeared on 63 mins and failed to touch the ball !!!

Today was actually much worse than the 9-2 defeat at Peterhead. It hurt badly sitting watching that absolute pish but I’ll still be there next week cheering us on.  

Congratulations to QP. Galt, Gow and Hawke tore our incompetant defence to shreds, while the search party is still looking for our midfield.  

26 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Where did you hear that JT - presumably from one of the players afterwards? If that's the case I'd love to know what Jordan's line was that sent him OTT. To be fair the guy had clearly lost it towards the end of the first half and was screaming abuse at the stand-side linesman at one point, so it would only have needed a single spark to light the blue touch paper.

As for the game itself,  when Kurtis Roberts scored his first I thought, "there's goal of the season right there" but it only took another 10 minutes to prove me wrong. Take a bow young man!

Tried to headbutt and square upto Billy at half time, continued argument after the so called penalty incident

Galt, Gow and McLean absolutely outstanding. Gow now starting to look absolute class on the ball and there seems to be a significant improvement in his fitness. Could be a big player for the rest of the season. 

Special mention to Kurtis Roberts, those goals were tremendous and don't think we'll score a better couple of goals all season. Hope it's not the last of them

This is what happens when a Cowden fan humps his sister without a condom.
How did you know my secret?*

I dont really wish it on the actual fans, just the absolute roasters who wish the same in return to Cowden or other fans. But even then only in an internet forum banter way, just like I assume or hope they do too.

*It wasnt actually *my* sister I humped without a condom, it was your's. Wore a condom with mine.

6 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

How did you know my secret?*

I dont really wish it on the actual fans, just the absolute roasters who wish the same in return to Cowden or other fans. But even then only in an internet forum banter way, just like I assume or hope they do too.

*It wasnt actually *my* sister I humped without a condom, it was your's. Wore a condom with mine.

I didn't mean you, I meant your dad.

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

****WARNING - If you’re easily offended stop reading *****

Started with a 4-2-3-1 formation although Hume ghosted between a defensive midfielder and central defender. A lovely through ball by Brown released Barr and he failed to get either a cross or shot away. Then Mcilduff crossed for Healy but he headed straight at the keeper. After a bright opening 5 mins the remaining 85 were painful.

Mcilduff produced a superb diving block to keep the scores level. It wasn’t long before the first goal appeared. Wilson caught sleeping,  Gow around his blind side, clatter, penalty. Stone wall, no arguments.

Hume failed to close his man and QP score a worldly to make it two. The reaction from our players at this point was fuckin embarrassing. Brown losing the ball and jogging back, basically not giving a f**k. Knox playing like a 9yo kid. Hume just disgracing himself. Wilson getting turned inside out and Barr never involved.

We then swapped to 5 at the back and were even worse in the centre of the park.

Further goals followed before we got a late consolation. 

Every single QP cross into our box resulted in a free header, one hitting the post and others scrambled clear. 

There was no organisation whatsoever at the back or anywhere else on the pitch. Hume and Wilson are not good enough, pure and fuckin simple. Releasing Todd without a better replacement coming in wasn’t the best move. He’s in at Cowdenbeath with both Stenhousemuir and Forfar sniffing about yet deemed not good enough for a side 9th in div two. Mcilduff was the only player to earn a mark higher than 3, maybe Orru who did well second half playing on the left of midfield deserves credit. 

Phillips had a poor season prior to his departure but actually had his best game against Clyde playing as a holding midfielder. We are now weaker in that area with Dec injured. 

We have too many EOS standard players and look a poor EOS team right now. Forget Penicuik, Bonnyrigg and Nitten, we need established league players in before the window closes or its goodnight. Our new signing Adamson appeared on 63 mins and failed to touch the ball !!!

Today was actually much worse than the 9-2 defeat at Peterhead. It hurt badly sitting watching that absolute pish but I’ll still be there next week cheering us on.  

Congratulations to QP. Galt, Gow and Hawke tore our incompetant defence to shreds, while the search party is still looking for our midfield.  

Cheers DP.  Not a single bit of that surprises me, (except that Willis, one of our most experienced players, sails under the radar.) 

Some players are not good enough, some have the backbone of a jellyfish, some are both. There is no sign at all that this squad can compete with Annan next week. 

1 hour ago, Disc Potato said:

Started with a 4-2-3-1 formation etc. etc.

Fairly comprehensive and accurate summary of the game DP, but curiously you completely omit any mention of arguably the biggest incident of the day - your being reduced to 10 men by an off-field incident. Yes you were three-nil down at half time, but it had taken a penalty, followed by a 25 worldie, followed by a 35 yard "galaxy" to get us there. Don't you think your pitiful second half performance was largely influenced by not only being a man down but by the completely unnecessary altercation that led to that outcome?

Archived