Celtic Vs Hamilton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per usual, we set up fairly well at Celtic without creating much. That said, we should have two chances on Sportscene which must be our most there in a while.

The midfield pressed pretty well and made life difficult for Celtic (Imrie is past it though) and there weren't too many defensive calamities.

Fulton had three complete stinkers though, two of which resulted in goals. You won't take anything from Celtic if you have a shit 'keeper.

The problem with Andreu and Boyd up top was that they're both naturally deeper players, so just kept on running into Brown.

At least we managed to get 5 (FIVE) tweets out about a player who played 15 minutes.

29 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Reasonable first half, pretty dire in the second half.  Three points is three points all the same.  Have to feel for the Hamilton goalkeeper, made some big saves before things went tits up.

I thought second half was fairly good, thought Forrest and Burke added something although Forrest getting in Burke’s road when the Accies keeper tried to gift us another goal was criminal.

Actually felt a wee bit bad for the keeper, he pulled off some great saves but chucked two in.

For me the goalkeeper was not the only Hamilton player keeping the score down thought Gordon and McMann  played well for Hamilton.
Celtic had an absolute barrel load of chances in the game even when Burke and Forrest came on Celtic went up a gear and got the goals.
Celtic need to be more clinical in front of goal.

I thought we had much more space and chances when Burke came on. His off the ball runs across the defence opened space up for everyone as we struggled to get through the Accies defence before then. Watching him play for Scotland  I thought he was your typical modern footballer full of pace and power but little footballing brain, can tell in the few games I have seen him with Celtic he’s tuned in though. 

Guest Moomintroll
I thought we had much more space and chances when Burke came on. His off the ball runs across the defence opened space up for everyone as we struggled to get through the Accies defence before then. Watching him play for Scotland  I thought he was your typical modern footballer full of pace and power but little footballing brain, can tell in the few games I have seen him with Celtic he’s tuned in though. 
More short termism from Uncle Peter to protect his pension fund, however, the loan signings of Burke and Weah have ensured there will be no credible title challenge from us hopefuls. Hopefully our Grampian brethren can assist us to insert a glorious chapter in the banter years saga.

More short termism from Uncle Peter to protect his pension fund, however, the loan signings of Burke and Weah have ensured there will be no credible title challenge from us hopefuls. Hopefully our Grampian brethren can assist us to insert a glorious chapter in the banter years saga.

Good luck with that.

Archived