Sign in to follow this  
Robin.Hood

Dundee v Motherwell

There's robbery and then there's that. Shite stupid tackle but Deacon had gone to sleep yet again or it would never have come to that. Also set up twice at the other end and hopeless. If I supported Motherwell I'd be pishing myself laughing.

There's robbery and then there's that. Shite stupid tackle but Deacon had gone to sleep yet again or it would never have come to that. Also set up twice at the other end and hopeless. If I supported Motherwell I'd be pishing myself laughing.
Deacon is a liability - couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards and has the heart of sparrow when it comes to chasing players down.

Have we won enough games in a row to start referring to ourselves as a juggernaut yet?
Robbernaut.

Incredibly frustrating and the story of so many games recently. 

A real lesson in taking your chances. 

Second best throughout but all that matters is we won so I'll take that any day of the week. That's the difference between finishing in the relegation places and being safe and hopefully that is us safe from the drop this year thanks to that now massive cushion over the bottom sides. Well taken penalty from Turnbull as well, I was convinced Main would take it when it was awarded and you wouldn't have backed him to score.

I have no idea how we didn’t get anything from that. Motherwell were never even close to being in the game. Deacon and Innis deserve a slapping in the changing room for the goal.

Lost a bit up front when nelson went off, he looks great but should have done better with his chance in the first half. The “foul” he got against him early on was a disgraceful decision.

Midfield isn’t good enough. Both McGowan and Woods are no where near what’s required in there.

Losing Curran early on was a blow for me. Deacon should be about 10th choice now.

Dales is fantastic and Dieng never had a single thing to do the whole game apart from pick the ball out the net at the penalty.

I have no idea how we didn’t get anything from that. Motherwell were never even close to being in the game. Deacon and Innis deserve a slapping in the changing room for the goal.  

Lost a bit up front when nelson went off, he looks great but should have done better with his chance in the first half. The “foul” he got against him early on was a disgraceful decision.

Midfield isn’t good enough. Both McGowan and Woods are no where near what’s required in there.

Losing Curran early on was a blow for me. Deacon should be about 10th choice now.

Dales is fantastic and Dieng never had a single thing to do the whole game apart from pick the ball out the net at the penalty.

I'd be tempted to pair up Nelson with Miller. 

If Jesse Curran isn't fit then put Kerr in his place with Horsfield at RB.

Hopefully we sign a creative midfielder before the transfer deadline.

Absolutely right about Dales - I don't understand why we don't let him take the set pieces - his delivery is better than Deacon/Woods.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd be tempted to pair up Nelson with Miller. 

If jesse Curran isn't fit then put Kerr in his place with Horsfield at RB.

Hopefullye sign a creative midfielder before the transfer deadline. 

Absolutely right about Dales - I don't understand why we don't let him take the set pieces - his delivery is better than Deacon/Woods.

Yes to all. Nelson and miller would be an interesting prospect. Nelson doesn't seem afraid to go first time and Kenny is up there with the best if the poachers.

Would dare say would be our best striker pairing.

Will take that, a draw would have been fairer, Dundee had chances but only one on target that I can remember, you should pick up a few points in the following weeks.

57 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Just climb yourselves back up on the mantlepiece, Dees.

Thank you.

Am I right in saying that we've had one loss in eight against Dundee(the 2-3 in April '17) since Robinson took over? It's good to be someone else's bogey side for a change.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

Am I right in saying that we've had one loss in eight against Dundee(the 2-3 in April '17) since Robinson took over? It's good to be someone else's bogey side for a change.

Was just looking at that after reading the bold @thisGRAEME's tweet. Today was 8 undefeated in all competitions. 7 wins, 1 draw. 5 clean sheets. An aggregate of 12 - 3.

The last Dundee win was the 3-2 at Fir Park which coincidentally was Samson's last game for us.

Spoiler

26/01/19 Dundee FC - Motherwell FT 0 : 1 
03/11/18 Motherwell - Dundee FC FT 1 : 0 
01/09/18 Dundee FC - Motherwell FT 1 : 3 
28/04/18 Motherwell - Dundee FC FT 2 : 1 
24/02/18 Dundee FC - Motherwell FT 0 : 1
10/02/18 Dundee FC - Motherwell FT 0 : 2
23/12/17 Motherwell - Dundee FC FT 1 : 1
25/10/17 Dundee FC - Motherwell FT 0 : 1

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Easy answer, you can’t hit a barn door.

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I have no idea how we didn’t get anything from that. Motherwell were never even close to being in the game. 

Exactly because it was Motherwell at Dens Park. We just win these days. 

Much like our record v St Johnstone. So many games they have won against us when nothing in the game. Just happens. 

Dundee will be safe. No doubts about that.  Which is good as they are a real club. No plastic pitches sh1te. 

Lets make it 4 in a row v Livi. If we do that we could be level on points with the media darlings this time next week :-)

Edited by welldaft