Aberdeen v Killie 26/1/19

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Mouth said:

Nup not discounting them. Like I said 11 in total and a goals a goal for sure but the point I’m making is imo hes overrated by some.

I don't know anyone that overrates Cosgrove.

He is a very raw player and far from the finished article.

What he is doing however, which can only be good for us, is growing in confidence

This was ably demonstrated by his second goal on Wednesday evening.

Think it is fair to say that none of our support probably rated him at all until recently.

Lets all hope he can continue in the rich vein of goalscoring he has demonstrated during December & January

4 hours ago, Fide said:

You've obviously never met Daniel Bachmann.

Bachmann you say ?

Imagine you had a player called Turner, as Clarke has certainly got you in "Overdrive"

Then you could truely say

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" ;)

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

What he is doing however, which can only be good for us, is growing in confidence

Think it is fair to say that none of our support probably rated him at all until recently.

Lets all hope he can continue in the rich vein of goalscoring he has demonstrated during December & January

We’ll see today I suppose. The stats are against him scoring anymore than 1 though :) 

Just now, Sheep62 said:

Depends what you mean by 'rated'.

It was clear from his first game that he was very raw as you say. To me, it was also clear that his hold-up game was better than anyone we've had in donkeys. He's now added goals to his game, and a surprising turn of pace for a big lad. I think he still has plenty of room to improve also, and I would contest he has the potential to end up at a very good standard.

Just now, Illgresi said:

Depends what you mean by 'rated'.

It was clear from his first game that he was very raw as you say. To me, it was also clear that his hold-up game was better than anyone we've had in donkeys. He's now added goals to his game, and a surprising turn of pace for a big lad. I think he still has plenty of room to improve also, and I would contest he has the potential to end up at a very good standard.

Agree with your post mate.

"Rated" probably wasn't the right turn of phrase because you're right his hold up play has always been good.

I guess I meant none of us thought he had goals in him

5 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Agree with your post mate.

"Rated" probably wasn't the right turn of phrase because you're right his hold up play has always been good.

I guess I meant none of us thought he had goals in him

I did rate him for halving Brown 10 minutes into his debut tbf

In all seriousness lets have a right good look at sam cosgroves goals in the prem so far this season. 11 all in. 3 against st mirren,  2 against dundee, 2 against hamilton, 2 against a hopeless hearts, a goal against celtic which isni hard this season and a goal against livi. Killie nae mugs a fancy them to keep him quiet and win it 1-0. Greg stewart the main man today for aberdeen with a point to prove if aberdeen are to get any points after gary dicker said he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box a believe it was. Team talks done for stewart!

Criticism for player scoring against league rivals shock !

Archived